Guest Kristen333

Jesus, I wish Gerald Ford would die already. It would be better if he just killed himself, with all of the problems he's been having lately. He is slowly getting worse and worse. Every few months he is in the hospital. I think he may die in November or December of this year. It just really seems like he won't make it. I want to know what anyone else thinks.

Jesus, I wish Gerald Ford would die already. It would be better if he just killed himself, with all of the problems he's been having lately. He is slowly getting worse and worse. Every few months he is in the hospital. I think he may die in November or December of this year. It just really seems like he won't make it. I want to know what anyone else thinks.

Hi Kristen,

If you want to know what anyone else thinks, have a read of the full thread. That should get you up to speed... then find yourself an avatar, join the forum and join in the fun. It's not really about wishing people would die, but you won't find many detractors 'round these parts. When Gerald goes, especially if it's this year, we'll consider it a success of the selection committee.

Incidentally, does your 333 mean that you're, like, half-devil? That would be a good starting-point for your avatar search. Maybe a photoshop mock-up of you with some little red horns?

Guest bushfan

I thought recently that President Ford would make it to Nov to break President Reagan's longevity record. However at 93 with one bout of pneumonia six months ago and now breathing problems (possible Pneumonia recurrance), I'm begining to doubt that he will survive the summer.

I heard on the radio earlier that Ford had been released from hospital, I'll see if I can find a link from CNN or something

I heard on the radio earlier that Ford had been released from hospital, I'll see if I can find a link from CNN or something

Ask and ye shall receive.

Not quite CNN, but you get the point.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Not quite CNN, but you get the point.

You'd have thought they would have put something on the ABC News website as it was ABC News on the radio that I heard the details from.

Guest Dick Long

I bet any amount of money that Gerry Ford will be dead and gone by november.I mean if he has to go into hospital just because hes short of breath it doesnt bode too well for him does it!

Guest jerry blair

The anniversary of his inauguration is coming up on Aug. 9. Wouldn't it be ironic if he died on that day? I just wonder if other "presidents" have died on their inaugural anniversaries?

The anniversary of his inauguration is coming up on Aug. 9. Wouldn't it be ironic if he died on that day? I just wonder if other "presidents" have died on their inaugural anniversaries?

Go look it up on http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/ or on wikipedia or even google.

Sorry, I don't feel like doing the legwork for you.

Nope, no president has ever died on the anniversary of his innaguration. There have been three presidents to die on the fourth of july (John Adams (1826), Thomas Jefferson (1826), and James Monroe (1831). Gerald Ford is one of only two presidents to survive to nearly the 32nd anniversary of his innaguration (Hoover lived for 35 years after), and also has the second longest retirement behind hoover (31 years) with 29 years. If Ford were to die on August 9th it would also eternally link him with Watergate/Nixon's resignation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...ts_by_longevity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...ormer_president

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...y_date_of_death

Guest Guest

Ford's health is failing badly. He will be gone by the end of the year.

I bet any amount of money that Gerry Ford will be dead and gone by november.I mean if he has to go into hospital just because hes short of breath it doesnt bode too well for him does it!

Diagreed. With a man who is 93 years of age and in frail condition, a sneeze will send him off to the hospital for a check up. Every time Mr.Ford checks into the hospital, I would take caution, but not celebrate. His routine visits to the docter may be something we all should get used to. Atleast for the time being. :lol:

Well today is August 9th, the 32nd anniversary of Nixon's resignation and Ford's innaguration. Any news on the status of his health?

The news is.....it's August 10th and he's still alive.

Hold on to your hats, this just in and might be some interesting news. The last we heard he was supposed to be vacaioning for the summer in Colorado and now he ends up in Minnesota at the Mayo Clinic unannounced?! It could be that he is undergoing testing for some serious health problem because usually he undergoes his routine testing at the medical center near his home in Rancho Mirage, California. Just a few weeks ago he was in a Colorado hosptial for shortness of breath. Why else would he choose to stop his summer holiday in mid-August unless there was something seriously wrong?

Ford admitted to Mayo Clinic

News XML

Posted on Tue, Aug. 15, 2006

Gerald Ford admitted to Minnesota's Mayo Clinic for 'testing'

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Former President Ford was admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on Tuesday for "testing and evaluation," his office said in a statement.

The statement gave no further details on why the 93-year-old former chief executive went to the clinic.

"No further releases or updates are anticipated prior to early next week," said the statement issued from his office in Beaver Creek, Colo. Ford also has a home in Rancho Mirage, Calif.

No other information was released by the clinic.

"I can verify that the statement is correct and I have no other additional information," said John Murphy, the Mayo Clinic spokesman.

A message seeking comment from Ford chief of staff Penny Circle was not immediately returned.

Last month, Ford spent a few days in Colorado's Vail Valley Medical Center because of shortness of breath.

In January he spent 12 days in a Rancho Mirage hospital for treatment of pneumonia.

Ford suffered two small strokes five years ago and spent about a week in a hospital.

He became the nation's oldest living former president after the death of Ronald Reagan in 2004.

Ford was House minority leader when President Nixon chose him to replace the resigned Spiro Agnew as vice president in 1973. Ford became president on Aug. 9, 1974, when Nixon resigned amid the Watergate scandal.

Guest iain

BREAKING NEWS-BBC IS REPORTING GERALD FORD ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL IN 'EMERGENCY'-UNCONFIRMED REPORTS SUGEGST THIS COULD BE THE END-I WILL WAIT TO SEE THOUGH BEFORTE GETTING OUT CHAMPAGNE...

one report suggests Ford may have suffered a 'serious' stroke an d may be in a coma- i must stress thi sis unconfirmed though..wil keep checking on things,.....

Both CNN and NBC are reporting that there will be no further comment from either the hospital or Ford's office until next week. Something sounds a little unusual here since Ford was in the hospital a few weeks ago for breathing problems.

Guest Guest

Lung ailment?

Guest jerry blair

President Ford was known as a lifelong pipe smoker, could it be that he is suffering from say, lung cancer?

President Ford was known as a lifelong pipe smoker, could it be that he is suffering from say, lung cancer?

I doubt it. Just what old age does to you.

BREAKING NEWS-BBC IS REPORTING GERALD FORD ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL IN 'EMERGENCY'-UNCONFIRMED REPORTS SUGEGST THIS COULD BE THE END-I WILL WAIT TO SEE THOUGH BEFORTE GETTING OUT CHAMPAGNE...

one report suggests Ford may have suffered a 'serious' stroke an d may be in a coma- i must stress thi sis unconfirmed though..wil keep checking on things,.....

I knew you'd going over the top as usual.. :(

Right, to prove to everyone that you're not full of sh*t:-

Link for the source that "suggests it is the end"

Link for the source that says "Ford is a coma"

Otherwise just don't bother posting your cretinous garbage.

Both CNN and NBC are reporting that there will be no further comment from either the hospital or Ford's office until next week. Something sounds a little unusual here since Ford was in the hospital a few weeks ago for breathing problems.

My first guess when I heard the news was that he was just taking follow up tests, but why hundreds of miles away in Minnosota? It does sound like there is something seriously wrong.

But nobody on line today is suggesting imminent death. Could be a cover up, could be that a frail old man with very good health insurance has a problem he can't get on top of and is availing himself of all the medical help he can get.

I'm guessin' he'll see Sharon out.

I'm pretty sure that the only report that suggests that is yours.

If you would like to provide links, I would be happy to eat humble pie on this occassion, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure you've made that up.

Aye, I'm struggling to find this online and the main thing that leads me to think it hasn't happened is the lack of such a story on the big news outlets....oh aye, and last night's News and Star in Carlisle had nowt on it.