Guest Guest
The fact that he is 93 years old and will be the longest lived President in US history should not be overlooked and IMO he should maintain about the same ranking next year as this year: #19 or therabouts. He is going to die sooner or later and not having the oldest president ever on would be a mistake, especially with a list containing 50 names. Furthermore, the year isnt even over yet, in fact there is still 1/3 of it left, something could still happen.

I believe he died today? Can anyone confiem?

Your probably thinking of Glenn Ford, an actor who died today, or yesterday, recently anyway. Gerald is still alive to my knowledge.

The fact that he is 93 years old and will be the longest lived President in US history should not be overlooked and IMO he should maintain about the same ranking next year as this year: #19 or therabouts. He is going to die sooner or later and not having the oldest president ever on would be a mistake, especially with a list containing 50 names. Furthermore, the year isnt even over yet, in fact there is still 1/3 of it left, something could still happen.

After hovering over this post I would simply believe these words are of Iain, but with the opening letter of this sentence capitalized, that would be nearly impossible.

Aye, but if Iain's gone we might be in for some hits. His predictions of death did seem to boost the health of those mentioned.

They'll all die without him, or summat.

Tommorow is the 32nd anniversary of Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon, it would be something if he died on that anniversary.

It would be something if he died with his head between Julie Andrews' thighs but, like him carking it on September 9th 2006, I predict it won't happen.

I dont predict it will happen either, I was just saying it would be interesting akin to John Adams or Thomas Jefferson dying on July 4th. Oh and today (the 8th) is the anniversary of the pardon, when I said "tommorow" it was still Thursday the 7th here in Chicago, I know alot of people on this forum are from the UK and a number of hours ahead of us here in the states.

I dont predict it will happen either, I was just saying it would be interesting akin to John Adams or Thomas Jefferson dying on July 4th. Oh and today (the 8th) is the anniversary of the pardon, when I said "tommorow" it was still Thursday the 7th here in Chicago, I know alot of people on this forum are from the UK and a number of hours ahead of us here in the states.

Not just hours.

Guest Guest
Tommorow is the 32nd anniversary of Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon, it would be something if he died on that anniversary.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he died tomorrow on the anniversary of 9/11?

No, unless irony has been redefined sinced I've been pissed.

There have been so many ironic events in this world, you wonder if there is anything to believe in. Just sometimes I think the concept of couinsidence should be widely looked into...

There have been so many ironic events in this world, you wonder if there is anything to believe in. Just sometimes I think the concept of couinsidence should be widely looked into...

Coincidence has been explored now and again in literature, most amusingly perhaps by Douglas Adams in his Hitchiker's series with images such as the falling whale and the idea of the improbability drive. Thomas Hardy was fascinated by it too and liked to have characters bump in to each other while toddling around the heath.

Only if Bush or bin Laden were to die on 9/11 then it would be ironic

I fail to see any connection between Gerald Ford and the events of Sept 11th 2001

I fail to see any connection between Gerald Ford and the events of Sept 11th 2001

Even then, still not ironic. More coincidence.

I can't think of an ironic way to do this... irony is difficult to do when you're merely comparing dates.

You fail because there aren't any. But I guess there are some ironic events in this world. The problem is that we just can't prove anything.

Mind, it IS ironic that there's such lively debate on the Deathlist.

You fail because there aren't any. But I guess there are some ironic events in this world. The problem is that we just can't prove anything.

How about if Osama bin Laden was to die in an air disaster and even more so if it colided with a tall building?

How about if Osama bin Laden was to die in an air disaster and even more so if it colided with a tall building?

That would move into the realm of poetic justice.

Guest New to Deathlist

There have been no media reports on Mr. Ford's health since his release from the Mayo Clinic. To me personally as a nurse, this is a bad sign for him. I don't think he has much longer to live Based on reports at the time it sounds as though all has been done that can be done to try and make him well (e.g. pacemaker and angioplasty). The assumption is that he went home to California to spend his final days with his family and die peacefully there. Does anyone else share my sentiment?

There have been no media reports on Mr. Ford's health since his release from the Mayo Clinic. To me personally as a nurse, this is a bad sign for him. I don't think he has much longer to live Based on reports at the time it sounds as though all has been done that can be done to try and make him well (e.g. pacemaker and angioplasty). The assumption is that he went home to California to spend his final days with his family and die peacefully there. Does anyone else share my sentiment?

Yes. I tend to think "ah, gone home to die" when someone leaves hospital. Of course, sometimes they've just been released because they're not ill anymore...

I do agree that news of Ford's health has been suspiciously quiet of late.

You certainly do have a way of jumping to conclusions :o

I would never even dream of him dieing that way. I was thinking more along the lines of hanging him in Yankee stadium or nailing him to something but whatever.

Guest me

GERALD FORD AINT GONNA DIE BECAUSE GLENN FORD DIED 2 WEEKS AGO AND I CANT SEE 2 G FORDS DYING SO CLOSE TOGETHER!

GERALD FORD AINT GONNA DIE BECAUSE GLENN FORD DIED 2 WEEKS AGO AND I CANT SEE 2 G FORDS DYING SO CLOSE TOGETHER!

Can't fault the logic of that, mainly because there isn't any. :D

It could be three. The Ford Motor Company is in trouble. :D