Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

PW Botha

Guest Guest

It was meant to have that effect - I was being very very very very very sarcastic.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. The last conversation with you!

Thanks for that. Now go and go whatever it is you South Africans do....

"go and go" - Is this a new verb that you English created? Or is it just Fraserburgh slang?

It was meant to have that effect - I was being very very very very very sarcastic.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. The last conversation with you!

Thanks for that. Now go and go whatever it is you South Africans do....

"go and go" - Is this a new verb that you English created? Or is it just Fraserburgh slang?

No, it was infact a typo. It should have said:

"Thanks for that. Now go and do whatever it is you South Africans do...."

Compared to 'Sif Ifricun', I'm doing not too badly.

Guest Pete (the Burns) Ripper
By the way: Steve Biko was not assassinated. He died of head wounds in prison. Security policemen hit him during an interrogation session because he was disrespectful and did not want to cooperate with them.

I suppose everything is just dandy then.....

Dandy? To be honest I ponder on what that really means.

Windsor this is Deathlist. A place of debate, a place of laughter, a place of freedom.

This is not the Royal Forums. That's the other side. It may appear with great beauty

but that great beauty isn't what it appears to be. Sometimes when something is just

so perfect, beautiful and outstanding it just isn't right. It's evil. Very difficult to explain.

Let's just say all words have 2 meanings. Some words may even have more.

Realise where you are Windsor, and with where you are is what you need to be.

Ben Kenobi?

I used the word 'dandy' in a very sarcastic manner as to sarcastically agree that being beaten to death was ok.

What word would you have used?

Hey pussycat, If Steve (communist, terrorist) Biko was alive, I would have liked that he was on this list of yours as well. He would have qualified to be on it - fu..in scum! So joy to the world, because he is no more, ye know what I mean!!! Har har! (sadistic laugh) :):rip::D

Guest Engelsman, ek is 'n Amerikan

Dear Forum,

I would like to politely like add a new perspective on this discussion. This is not a political statement or viewpoint but merely a few observations on the facts.

Firstly, pw botha was not an architect of apartheid, merely a custodian of rights.

Secondly, the tricameral parliament of 1983 advocated these rights within a managed structure, satisfying the fundamental need for control, which dates back to 1652.

Thirdly, international co-operation was always an important feature within his leadership, despite sanctions, the exchange rate & a state of emergency.

Fourthly, he was a man of passion & conviction. This in itself has a direct bearing of the credibility of other world leaders, who are prepared to compromise freedom for political advance or social integration.

And lastly, I would like to ask a question? How many times does a person smack a child? And who were the real freedom fighters of South Africa? I hope that this comment contributes to what I believe is one of the last great leaders of our time.

Many thanks.

a political idealist working within the framework of a immensely intricate micro and macro socio-economic environment.

I used to live in the RSA during the dark days of apartheid, and while life may be more inconvenient today for the average white person living there, I'd have thought for the typical South African (i.e. black) citizen, life is far better today now that they can do things like vote, go to any beach they want, take any bus they want, etc. You know, things white volk everywhere pretty much take for granted. This is not to overlook the tragic Aids epidemic or the terrible crime statistics which currently plague the country, and I'm sure all South Africans hope the next President is more pragmatic and effective than Mbeki (Xhosa for "clueless").

As for PW, that old racist, I don't believe the DL site contends he was corrupt, although as FF notes he was the head of a regime which denied the vote as well as many of the most basic human rights to 3/4 of the population. How that crew could live with themselves is beyond me. Personally I think FW de Klerk gets a little bit of the short end of the stick, as he was as instrumental in setting SA on the right path as Nelson Mandela, but he never gets visits from Bono telling him how jolly super he is.

Anyway, as and when Botha does go I'm sure there will be far more people celebrating his passing than mourning it.

Guest Engelsman, ek is 'n Amerikan

Hey,

---- you, some SA people are actually trying to exercise their voice on this site, for important reasons, which affect lives, unlike you and the potatohead man over there?

from,

Engelsman, ek is 'n Amerikaner!

Get real here.  When Botha was in power, the country wasn't running off a cliff like it is now.

Or rather, running on to a jet to London.

Can't move for the charmless SA ignorami round here.

Hey,

---- you, some SA people are actually trying to exercise their voice on this site, for important reasons, which affect lives, unlike you and the potatohead man over there?

from,

Get real here.  When Botha was in power, the country wasn't running off a cliff like it is now.

Potato Man? Well i'm sorry that you aren't from around this part of the world. Clearly your talking about Moderator Notapotato. Was it something he said?

Guest Guest

Hi!

I just prefer people to discuss politics seriously, too many don't mean what they say or spend time running people down in ignorance. Potatoman had a pop at SA people. No offense to anyone.

from,

Hey,

from,

Guest Don't "botha" me

I actually talk to the groot korkodil on sunday. he sounded as sharp as ever, though he misheard me a couple of times. Probably gonna' hang on for a few more years.

I actually talk to the groot korkodil on sunday. he sounded as sharp as ever, though he misheard me a couple of times. Probably gonna' hang on for a few more years.

Don't Botha Me. ;)

I wouldn't doubt that's what he told you...

Guest random guy

What if Botha and Mandela die in a similar way as did Adams and Jefferson? Just a thought.

What if Botha and Mandela die in a similar way as did Adams and Jefferson? Just a thought.

hmm, what if?

Er, you misunderstand.

I was pointing out that since majority rule and democracy was finally established in South Africa, many of her beautiful, intelligent and enlightened countrymen have, to put no finer point on it, run away to The UK, Australia and New Zealand in order to, how can I put this politely, not be told what to do by 'The Blacks.' I recall the dreadful behaviour of ex-pat South Africans during a cricket match against Australia where the South African team were racially abused by white South African spectators... a contemporary report...

Some of the insults were delivered in Afrikaans. According to reports following the Perth Test, the players were taunted with the terms 'kaffirs' and 'kaffir boeties', derogatory terms for black people and those sympathetic to them.

Hey,

from,

Get real here. When Botha was in power, the country wasn't running off a cliff like it is now.

Guest Guest

Anubis Anubis...sigh!!!

Don't always believe what you hear or read...

Read this: http://www.cricket.co.za/default.asp?aId=1...gory=ucb/sateam

Unfortunately you are a bad source of information...sigh!!! >_>

Anyway, Anubis...you got it wrong. Most South Africans (white or black) emigrate (or as you put it: run away) from a country where they don't see a future...not because of racial reasons...for gods sake!

I cannot understand your reasoning of how "running away and not be told what to do by The Blacks" have relevancy to the racial incident at a cricket match...duh!

The fact that South Africans emigrate and excel in foreign countries shows that they are resourceful and flexible people that do not need borders for their successes! It is well-known that Afrikaners are hardworking, possess good manners and are religious people.

I think you are a racist: you hate Afrikaners, don't you? - isn't that discrimination? Remember Anubis, get the beam of timber out of your own eye!

What can one deduce from this: Anubis, you are indeed a very fine man, intelligent and a very very enlightened person. To top it all, by the looks of your picture...you are beautiful too!

Er, you misunderstand.

I was pointing out that since majority rule and democracy was finally established in South Africa, many of her beautiful, intelligent and enlightened countrymen have, to put no finer point on it, run away to The UK, Australia and New Zealand in order to, how can I put this politely, not be told what to do by 'The Blacks.' I recall the dreadful behaviour of ex-pat South Africans during a cricket match against Australia where the South African team were racially abused by white South African spectators... a contemporary report...

Some of the insults were delivered in Afrikaans. According to reports following the Perth Test, the players were taunted with the terms 'kaffirs' and 'kaffir boeties', derogatory terms for black people and those sympathetic to them.

Hey,

from,

Get real here. When Botha was in power, the country wasn't running off a cliff like it is now.

Guest The Enlightened

Ditto...

What the previous guy said, make sense...

Forget the little irritating people that post junk here, and read what the enlightened people have to say…people like "Guest", “Sif Ifricun” or “Engelsman, ek is 'n Amerikan”. I’m sure you can differentiate between the constructive and the less constructive postings.

I ask myself the question why Europeans (and that includes the UK!) need an institution like "Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE)", an organisation that counter "racism and xenophobia"? Remember the Jack Leslie debacle and recent incidents in Spain and Italy...We sometimes are hypocrites.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye, with never a thought for the great plank in your own?" comes to mind...

Hey, you, some SA people are actually trying to exercise their voice on this site, for important reasons, which affect lives, unlike you and the potatohead man over there?

from,

Ditto...

What the previous guy said, make sense...

Hmmmmm, the 'previous' guy is using the same computer as you, cant you see him?

Errr..

From your source

"South African players were subjected to racial abuse during their tour of Australia and it did not come only from South African expatriates, according to an official ICC report...

"It would be wrong to attribute racial abuse only to South African expatriates living in Australia. It was premeditated, coordinated and calculated to get after the players. It is a serious matter," he told a news conference. "(my italics)

I think you are a racist: you hate Afrikaners, don't you? - isn't that discrimination? Remember Anubis, get the beam of timber out of your own eye!

I hate the attitude of a lot of Afrikaners, Yes.

What can one deduce from this: Anubis, you are indeed a very fine man, intelligent and a very very enlightened person. To top it all, by the looks of your picture...you are beautiful too!

You're too kind.

Guest The Enlightened

Listen...

I think you do not really grasp the whole issue here. Lets settle this here.

1. I do not believe that it is right what people (and with that I mean Australians included) did what they did at this cricket match, right! In fact, I think it is a disgrace...It not only projects other non-racist Afrikaner people in a bad light, but is totally totally uncool these days under the Afrikaner people's culture. I know, because I am an Afrikaner.

2. I do believe that it is very very unfortunate that people grossly generalise and categorise Afrikaner people as this sad nation where everything is about race, racism and apartheid. I believe it is not only unfair, but it also tells me that people are misinformed. And...I am sick and tired of it!!!!! Gee, there is a hell of a lot of us having just a normal successful non-racist life as well, you know!

3. Dude, the fact that Tony Blair and George Bush very successfully launched their imperialistic ideas again in the gulf, does not mean that all Britts and Yankees are imperialists. The same way, you cannot categorise all (or most as you put it, Anubis) Afrikaners as racists. Can you understand the analogy. There are always the rotten tomatoes everywhere. All Germans are definitely not Nazis...Do I make myself clear?

4. Again, you with your big mouth...I wish you could go through everything we had to go through during the apartheids years, and now during the ANC's rule. You do not understand the political situation in SA, and you will never completely understand it if you do/did not live there. Race politics were part of this country (whether you like it or not). It is easy for you, your "politically correctness highness" to categorise people from a distance. The establishment in the old South Africa shaped people the way they are. For this reason, there is not only racists left under the white people in SA, but also blacks. You can find the biggest racists under the political flanks of the major political parties in Southern Africa (including Zim).

5. We have so much social problems and are trying so hard to solve them, and then people like Anubis (no offence!) turns up and...sigh...now we have to educate you as well!

Anyway, that was a lot of fun, thanks for reading. But I think it is time to move on to a more stimulating forum. And remember, always stay informed and enlightened!

Errr..

From your source

"South African players were subjected to racial abuse during their tour of Australia and it did not come only from South African expatriates, according to an official ICC report...

"It would be wrong to attribute racial abuse only to South African expatriates living in Australia. It was premeditated, coordinated and calculated to get after the players. It is a serious matter," he told a news conference. "(my italics)

I hate the attitude of a lot of Afrikaners, Yes.

You're too kind.

And remember, always stay informed and enlightened!

Or failing that recourse to the bottle is always wise. Drink,drink,drink the holy alcohol of deliverance.

The lord giveth and the lortd taketh away, but alcohol ios here to stay, Hallelujah!!!

Not that I want to stir things or owt, but..................

I reckon there's more informed and enlightened debate in the page of posts above than was seen in South Africa from the mid-sixties to the mid-eighties.

Go well!

Guest grond

julle mas se poese!

julle mas se poese!

anyone know if this is Afrikanns? MH - does it resemble Dutch?

what a great way to post on a website - write in a language spoken by only two million people on the entire planet, most of whom are too busy being racist to even know what a computer is. Might as well have put it in Sanskrit.

julle mas se poese!

No, the sentence doesn't look like any valid Dutch.

It looks like illiterate Afrikaans.

'Julle' is Afrikaans for 'you (plural)'. 'Se' is Afrikaans for 'yourself'. 'Poese' seems a misspelling, only the gods know of what. 'Mas' I don't even recognise.

regards,

Hein

julle mas se poese!

what a great way to post on a website - write in a language spoken by only two million people on the entire planet, most of whom are too busy being racist to even know what a computer is. Might as well have put it in Sanskrit.

The first word I think is "You" but I suspect it is a sort of Afrikaans slang. I came across some of the phrases but they don't seem to translate directly.