Death Star

Kurt Waldheim

Guest Guest

Just for the record, folks: 1938 - 1945 was the time frame for World War II.

Stress the word "WAR"! That was not aunt Sally's birthday. Cruel things happen, when soldiers engage.

The Nazi-regime was awful, BUT: not every Nazi was a bad Nazi. Keep in mind, that Hitler would have killed his fellow nazi people when learning that they wouldn't have played by his sick rules.

I say this: it is always cheap and easy to bark in the background. How would you have acted under Hitler's regime? Would you have had the balls to confront the dictator and his henchmen?

Following your instincts, everybody here in Austria has to hate his grandfather for example. He could have been a marauding Nazi! Isn't that idiotic?

One thing that amuses me in America: they all talk, how racist other states are and Austria is always mentioned first hand? The question is: who is the original American? Yes, the indian people. Those poor bastards, nobody cares about. They OWNED the land. Now we have the melting pot of nations, and it is standing on wobbery legs! How about the negro problem, the Ku-Klux Clan fiasco? Huh?

We are talking here about a country that has never been able to manage its internal problems!

I also truly LOVE the media attention, Austria is receiving day in and day out. Badmouthing Austria for the Turkey-veto for example.

The British "Guardian" hits a homerun: "In every cupboard in Austria, there is a Nazi hiding!"

How would you call that? Propaganda? Brainwash?

Guest Guest

@Magere Hein:

thanks for your hint! Also great to have such a great, intelligent bulb here like you!

Now we have the melting pot of nations, and it is standing on wobbery legs!

Are you Chinese, Mr Guest?

Guest Guest

I think you very well know, from where I come from. Read my first post!

Stress the word "WAR"! That was not aunt Sally's birthday. Cruel things happen, when soldiers engage.

The Nazi-regime was awful, BUT: not every Nazi was a bad Nazi. Keep in mind, that Hitler would have killed his fellow nazi people when learning that they wouldn't have played by his sick rules.

I say this: it is always cheap and easy to bark in the background. How would you have acted under Hitler's regime? Would you have had the balls to confront the dictator and his henchmen?

Following your instincts, everybody here in Austria has to hate his grandfather for example. He could have been a marauding Nazi! Isn't that idiotic?

One thing that amuses me in America: they all talk, how racist other states are and Austria is always mentioned first hand? The question is: who is the original American? Yes, the indian people. Those poor bastards, nobody cares about. They OWNED the land. Now we have the melting pot of nations, and it is standing on wobbery legs! How about the negro problem, the Ku-Klux Clan fiasco? Huh?

We are talking here about a country that has never been able to manage its internal problems!

I also truly LOVE the media attention, Austria is receiving day in and day out. Badmouthing Austria for the Turkey-veto for example.

The British "Guardian" hits a homerun: "In every cupboard in Austria, there is a Nazi hiding!"

How would you call that? Propaganda? Brainwash?

Most of that is right too, but good, bad or indifferent, Waldheim was still a Nazi.

And talking of owning land, who owned the land where Haider lives, before his family got hold of it?

For the definitive text on how a bunch of 'morons' built the most powerful nation on the planet see Mel Brookes' movie Blazing Saddles. A couple of great scenes:

1 - The black sheriff wanders out into town only to be told 'up yours N-word' by a kindly old lady. Later he is consoled with the thought that the townspeople are 'the common clay of the new west....you know, morons!'

2 - The Sioux nation ambush a wagon train and spare the one black family on the grounds they are darker than American Indians. As they do this the Sioux - led by the blatantly Jewish Brookes himself - speak a German/Jewish dialect. It's actually the least sidesplitting gag of the whole movie but does make a point about the kind of hypocrisy discussed in the post above.

I guess some countries must have kicked off a year early. Tsk, Tsk, over enthusiasm eh?

I think he is talking about the Anschluss in 1938.

It not what I would regard a war.

On the morning of 12 March the 8th Army of the German Wehrmacht crossed the German-Austrian border. They did not face resistance by the Austrian Army — on the contrary, the German troops were greeted by cheering Austrians.

I guess some countries must have kicked off a year early. Tsk, Tsk, over enthusiasm eh?

Hmm, tricky subject.

In the west it's tradition to count the invasion of Poland (1 September 1939) as the start of WWII, but eastern European historians dissent. One may reasonably count the occupation of parts of Czechoslovakia (29 September 1938) as the start.

There's also the view that there was just one world war, with 20 years of armistice.

regards,

Hein

My history lecturer talks of the World Wars as a European Civil War which lasted from 1914(or before) to 1945.

Needless to say, I disagree with the description 'Civil War'.

My history lecturer talks of the World Wars as a European Civil War which lasted from 1914(or before) to 1945.

Needless to say, I disagree with the description 'Civil War'.

Your history lecturer's using a dissident definition of civil war.

My country was not a belligerent in WWI and became one on Allied side in WWII when it was invaded by Germany on 10 May 1940. Before that the Netherlands were an independent nation. War after an invasion is not a generally classified as a civil war.

Could it be that your history lecturer has an ideological agenda?

regards,

Hein

He's German.

He's German.

I understand his position. After all, Germans speak a dialect of Dutch.

regards,

Hein

He's German.

I wonder what his father/grandfather did during the war,

Could explain his Civil War bullshit.

He doesn't really mention them. :lol:

He did say his grandfather was injured in a gas attack during WWI aka the early stages of the European Civil War. :P

He did say his grandfather was injured in a gas attack during WWI aka the early stages of the European Civil War. 

:lol: Too bad for him. I guess the people around him did not have maalox back then!

On the morning of 12 March the 8th Army of the German Wehrmacht crossed the German-Austrian border. They did not face resistance by the Austrian Army — on the contrary, the German troops were greeted by cheering Austrians.

I beleive the only casualties in that 'War' were Frau Gruber, 58 year-old Viennese lady who choked on a cream cake whilst cheering the arrival of the German stormtroopers and a couple of citizens of Salzburg (Helmut and Johann Gebertstageschenk) who were slightly injured by flying champagne corks.

I beleive the only casualties in that 'War' were Frau Gruber, 58 year-old Viennese lady who choked on a cream cake whilst cheering the arrival of the German stormtroopers and a couple of citizens of Salzburg (Helmut and Johann Gebertstageschenk) who were slightly injured by flying champagne corks.

;)

Guest Guest
Dr Kurt Waldheim, former president of Austria and secretary-general of the United Nations was NOT and never was a Nazi.

Richard Nixon, former president of The United States of America was NOT and never was a Crook!

"I did not have sexual relations with that women ... Miss Lewinski"

Well, it's old Waldy's birthday today. Is it too much to hope for another fatal bout of birthday excitement?

Guest Ronald Mc Donald
Sven, how can you call an Austrian who served in the SS, then hid his past, and made it to the top based partly on these lies and obsification of the truth anything but a sweinhund. fact is he is still alive but for how long ... King

Hombre, you dont know anything about history. At the end of World War II nearly every Austrian had become an SS member. Study history, then judge. Try to learn the difference between SS and Waffen-SS.

Sven, how can you call an Austrian who served in the SS, then hid his past, and made it to the top based partly on these lies and obsification of the truth anything but a sweinhund. fact is he is still alive but for how long ... King

Hombre, you dont know anything about history. At the end of World War II nearly every Austrian had become an SS member. Study history, then judge. Try to learn the difference between SS and Waffen-SS.

Because I'm going to listen to a clown who sells burgers.

I ought to sue your ass for clogging my arteries and generally making me fat.

Back to the point, I disagree.

All SS were basically the same. Unless you wish to tell us of the difference.

Reading this has reminded me. When I was a kid I read a lot of books about a German penal regiment on the Eastern front by a Danish author called Sven Hassel who was really popular until people began to cast doubt on the authenticity of his work. He's still alive, now 88, and living in Spain. There's loads of stuff about him on the net. Could be one to watch.