Paul Bearer

Jacques Brel's Imitation Jelly Jewellery

It was a roundabout way of saying I'm not really a fan of The Beatles. Anyone else going to see one-time-potential-deathlist-material-but-now-much-better-psyche-legend Roky Erickson when he plays in London?

It was a roundabout way of saying I'm not really a fan of The Beatles. Anyone else going to see one-time-potential-deathlist-material-but-now-much-better-psyche-legend Roky Erickson when he plays in London?

Let's take this into perspective. I have never heard of Rocky Erickson, but from my judgment he looks like one with a very low mentality. Maybe in comparison (Drug Talking) to Keith Richards, only never rated as high for it. Now these finger crossed bets are always a lot of fun, but - they - are - very - di di dissapoi disappointing ing. Especial Especially when - they - don't - die. Just - like sen senator Tim Johnston.

Thanks for that Anubis, I thought I was the only person out there who is rather underwhelmed by the Beatles.

Blimey, is he still going?

When he dies he'll still get levitation!

;)

I've just listened to "My Name Is Buddy", Ry Cooder's concept album about a cat. And very good it was too.

picking up on an earlier theme, for us non-White Album spotters, how about a list of your own dream album (or double album if their catalogue merits) for a band of your choice. Songs in order of how they'd appear on the album, and to keep this DL-related, how about as of today at least one band member must be dead. Which won't limit us much.

I'll start with an obvious one, The Rolling Stones

Side One

Let's Spend the Night Together

Ruby Tuesday

Beast of Burden

Happy

You can't Always get What you Want

Paint it Black

Under my Thumb

She's a Rainbow

It's only Rock 'n Roll

Gimme Shelter

Side Two

Start me Up

Before They Make me Run

Waiting on a Friend

Hang Fire

Some Girls

Angie

She's so Cold

Far away Eyes

Wild Horses

Sympathy for the Devil

Well, if this thread is having its name changed from Jacques Brel's Priceless Pearls etc to the dismally prosaic The Music Thread, you may as well get rid of the strange subtitle too, since it has no relevance now, if it ever did.

Can I have the Manics? Or does there have to actually be an identified corpse? :lol:

BTW I like your choice too.

and to keep this DL-related, how about as of today at least one band member must be dead. Which won't limit us much.

Well, if this thread is having its name changed from Jacques Brel's Priceless Pearls etc to the dismally prosaic The Music Thread, you may as well get rid of the strange subtitle too, since it has no relevance now, if it ever did.

Anyone else get the feeling the fun is going out of this?

I've just listened to a guitar solo from the 'Newest Mercedes Commercial'

There's something about it but I just don't know what it's called.

The caption of the commercial is 'How long have you waited?'

Seeing Iggy Pop at Glastonbury today reminds me what a fantastic endorsement of hard drugs he is. 60 going on 40. Having said that, he'll probably go and drop dead at the aftershow.

And long may this thread continue its excellent name-changing antiques antics!

JacquesBrel_smoking.GIF

Seeing Iggy Pop at Glastonbury today reminds me what a fantastic endorsement of hard drugs he is. 60 going on 40. Having said that, he'll probably go and drop dead at the aftershow.

And long may this thread continue its excellent name-changing antiques antics!

JacquesBrel_smoking.GIF

Who's that man in the picture - he looks like Brad Pitt in 20 or 30 years time.

Ah, I see now that it is Jacques himself.

Ah, I see now that it is Jacques himself.

Jacques the jewelry orientated - seductive - verbally slurring - mind blurring - diamond image - you say what?

- Pass the joint brother.

My perception of this picture.

Well the weather is starting to heat up over here in the colonies. So in anticipation of our first heat wave

I sought out the Pearls of Perspiration Thread to ask this burning question. What song means summer to you? What music is the perfect antidote to an oppressively muggy evening, or the best to listen to, of a sultry night? I haven't heard this in a while, but it's nice and

Well the weather is starting to heat up over here in the colonies. So in anticipation of our first heat wave

I sought out the Pearls of Perspiration Thread to ask this burning question. What song means summer to you? What music is the perfect antidote to an oppressively muggy evening, or the best to listen to, of a sultry night? I haven't heard this in a while, but it's nice and

It may be sultry over there Madame, but it's a classic British summer over here, which can only mean... (people of a nervous disposition beware)

However, if the mercury does start to rise, I'll have a rum punch on the lawn while a Summer Breeze blows, erm, through the jasmine of my mind. This isn't the most exciting video I've ever seen, have to say.

Then it's off to the mean streets of Acton Town, which is almost exactly like Harlem or Greenwich Village if you squint hard enough, for some hot summer action.

Very cheesy but Summertime by Will Smith, or Fresh Prince or whatever he was called reminds me of summer, cruising around manky Wiltshire not in a jeep but in my mate's Metro. We were cool.

Guest Guest
picking up on an earlier theme, for us non-White Album spotters, how about a list of your own dream album (or double album if their catalogue merits) for a band of your choice. Songs in order of how they'd appear on the album, and to keep this DL-related, how about as of today at least one band member must be dead. Which won't limit us much.

'Mats life RIP Bob

Little Mascara

Alex Chilton

Achin' to be

Bastards of Young

Can't Hardly Wait

Skyway

Answering Machine

Never Mind

Here Comes a Regular

Androgynous

When it Began

Left of the Dial

Waitress in the Sky

Black Diamond (hey Gene, Ace, Paul...!)

Unsatisfied

'Mats life RIP Bob

Little Mascara

Alex Chilton

Achin' to be

Bastards of Young

Can't Hardly Wait

Skyway

Answering Machine

Never Mind

Here Comes a Regular

Androgynous

When it Began

Left of the Dial

Waitress in the Sky

Black Diamond (hey Gene, Ace, Paul...!)

Unsatisfied

Tsk Guest, pretending to be me.

It may be sultry over there Madame, but it's a classic British summer over here, which can only mean... (people of a nervous disposition beware)

I had a relaxed disposition before hearing this bbbbutt now I ssseem to have ddevelopped a fffffffffsome t-t-tics. Oh well, over to Baker Street I go to calm down a bit.

Certified pre-owned Mercedes Benz commercial - 'instrumental' but I don't know what it's called.

Lovers of cheap CD's in the UK will now have a few less places to shop now that Fopp has died. I won't mourn too much, as their business model was apparently to drive every other independent retailer out of an area, so helping to turn every high sreet into a shoddy facsimile

Saw an advert outside a bar today that says Pascal Brel will be playing tomorrow night. I wonder if he is any relation to the famous Belgian who donne(s) his name to this thread - can anyone tell me?

Saw an advert outside a bar today that says Pascal Brel will be playing tomorrow night. I wonder if he is any relation to the famous Belgian who donne(s) his name to this thread - can anyone tell me?

No relation, as far as I know, though Brel does have a nephew called Bruno who's a singer-songwriter.

Incidentally, Jackie's one of only 3 people to feature in the Top 10 Greatest Belgians list as voted for by both the Flemish and the Walloons, so he's a real national treasure.

Incidentally, Jackie's is one of only 3 people to feature in the Top 10 Greatest Belgians list as voted for by both the Flemish and the Walloons, so he's a real national treasure.

How can any country expect to be taken seriously when half of them go around calling themselves the Walloons? I thought that was the name of one of the races of baddies in Gulliver's Travels.

Or was Gulliver the baddy?