weasel

Star Wars Deaths

Thanks. I didn’t even know that the actor playing Lando’s assistant had died ! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Never mentioned on this forum before despite his fairly well-documented health issues in recent years, Mark Boudreaux, a toy designer behind some of the original Kenner Star Wars figures has died after a long battle with COVID that completely destroyed his lungs.

Ah damn, never knew when to use the name. I wonder how public this death is going to go.

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Ah damn, never knew when to use the name. I wonder how public this death is going to go.

Pretty far in the Star Wars collector space which fills out into the general Star Wars fan base...

On 21/12/2017 at 04:04, ObakeFilter said:

Here is a list I made of surviving cast members of A New Hope, I will expand it further whenever I will have time for that (unlike George Lucas, I will not do it only for some quick grab...)

06/04/1947 John Ratzenberger

Ratzenberger and George Wendt reunite again, both looking their age.

https://people.com/tv/cheers-stars-reunite-titular-bar-goes-up-for-auction/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Either man could afford to buy it if they wanted to. Hell I don't think anyone would mind if they did...

17 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Also posted elsewhere, Ray Stevenson dead at 58.

In Star Wars he played Gar Saxon and Baylan Skoll, the latter of which is set to debut this summer in upcoming show Ahsoka

Just found out about this, shame he never got to see the premier or the reception of Ahsoka. Very sad news.

• Like 1

Costume designer Shawna Trpcic, who worked on The Mandalorian, The book of Boba Fett and Ahsoka, has died aged 56.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

English actor Barrie Holland, who played Imperial lieutenant Renz, the one who says "rebel scum" in ROTJ, has died aged 85.

IMG_2745.thumb.jpeg.a48bb4edb9e0aa4acd871a02ecb0aa75.jpeg

He also had minor roles in Shining, Elephant Man, Chariots of Fires, Superman I, III and IV, the first three Indiana Jones, A fish called Wanda, 5 James Bond, the 1st Batman…

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

On 02/02/2024 at 20:39, Summer in Transylvania said:

Crossposting Carl Weathers' death here, as he had a main role in The Mandalorian.

Weathers died of atherosclerosis after an extensive history of heart disease.

• Like 1

Crossposting the death of Michael Culver (wiki). Guardian obit.

Appeared in The Empire Strikes Back as Captain Needa.

scan-20-jpeg-copy.jpg.7db71ed67a48a62600ec1afaf305b55e.jpg

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

Unknown.jpeg.e29687156ef83513c3e7fdc0c693e778.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Crossposting the death of Michael Culver (wiki). Guardian obit.

Appeared in The Empire Strikes Back as Captain Needa.

scan-20-jpeg-copy.jpg.7db71ed67a48a62600ec1afaf305b55e.jpg

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

Unknown.jpeg.e29687156ef83513c3e7fdc0c693e778.jpeg

Very sorry to read this. Aside from Star Wars, he had a fine resume of work.

• Like 2

British propmaker and designer Bill Hargreaves, who started on The Empire Strikes Back and never looked back, reportedly dead: https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-music-tv/rest-in-peace-bill-hargreaves/?feed_id=20234

Various other films and TV work. Apparently most proud of the eye at Jabba The Hutt's entranceway to his palace.

• Like 7

Following discussions in the films with a dead cast thread earlier this week I thought I'd have a look through the cast list of the Star Wars films and have a look at some of the older cast members.

A New Hope:

• James E. Jones - Darth Vader (voice), 93 years young, retired a couple of years back.
  • Leslie Schofield - Chief Moradmin Bast, currently 85 and hasn't had any acting credits for 18 years.

To be honest everyone else who is still alive from the original film is either not too old or if they are are still active, such as Garrick Hagon (Biggs) who is still acting and doing the convention circuit.

The Empire Strikes Back:

• Billy Dee Williams - Lando, 87 in a few weeks, but still acting and has recently said that he'd return as the character (if they paid him a lot).
  • Kenneth Colley - Admiral Piett, 86 and had seemingly retired from acting until a few months ago when he made an onscreen appearance for the first time in 7 years.
  • Clive Revill - Palpatine (voice), 94 next month and has only had one credit in the past decade.
  • Julian Glover - General Veers, just turned 89 but is still just as active as he ever has been
  • Milton Johns - Officer Bewil, 86 and retired years ago
  • Jack McKenzie - Cal Alder, 82 and seemingly retired in 2018
  • Burnell Tucker - Rebel Officer, 89 and another who hasn't had a credit in years

Return of the Jedi:

• Michael Pennington - Moff Jerjerrod, 81 and isn't looking to be in the best health, has slowed down acting recently
  • Caroline Blakiston - Mon Mothma, 91, seemingly retired but does pop up at the odd convention now and then
  • Mike Edmonds - Logray, 80, last seen onscreen in 2011 and had to pull out of a convention a couple of years ago due to ill health

The Phantom Menace:

• Oliver Ford Davies - Sio Bibble, 85 and his acting career has seriously slowed down post-pandemic
  • Brian Blessed - Boss Nass, 88 this year, roughly the size of a small elephant, series of heart issues, the fact he's still alive, let alone still acting, is a miracle
  • Terence Stamp - Chancellor Valorum, 86 and has disappeared post-pandemic 

Attack of the Clones:

• Jack Thompson - Cliegg Lars, 83, tbh I thought he was already dead, increasing looks like a homeless father christmas

The Rise of Skywalker

• Ann Firbank - Tatooine Elder, 91 but is still acting every so often
  • John Williams (yes the composer) - Oma Tres, 92 has retired and un-retired numerous times recently

Rouge One

• Weston Gavin - Engineer, 88 and hasn't appeared in anything since
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3