Bald rick

Room Lovely, Look You.

I got back from a Holiday in Cyprus in the early hours of this morning, 5 hours in a sardine tin, no leg room for anybody over 4ft 2ins and an utter prick of a teenager who wanted to put his seat ( I was sitting behind him) into my f'ucking lap and b'ollocks. The fact that he could get his seat beyond the standard tilt, standard being more than enough on a small sh*t plane, didnt seem to phase him at all, until I pushed his seat forwards and him into the seat infront of him.

In suprise he turned to me, allowing me to let him know that I had no intention of spending 5 hrs with his seat in my fekin lap, but or no buts.

The little prick feigned the old "damaged seat" ploy ( later discounted by the Stewardess...so he was a liar as well as a c'unt ) and it was only when my knees had pushed his seat so far forwards that he could see up his own a'rsehole that his father intervened.....the little weasel :)

Unfortunately, I couldnt rip his spine out as I would have been arrested, not something I seek.

You see, 99% of us who fly, fly with the seat upright, not because its comfortable ( most short haul planes are small and crap) but because its courteous, you want as much room as possible, so why deny anybody else that?

Basic respect, understanding, courtesy, care, you name it, its missing from our society.

That little prick will grow into an even more selfish prick who will breed and have baby pricks, generation after generation of humans without any moral compass.

Worst of all its turning the mild mannered into vengful and aggressive monsters who no longer want to " let it be" but want revenge, let alone take a stand.

Im seething!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post LFN. The real villains are the airlines who think it's OK to stack people like sardines. I think they make these reclining seats for the perverse enjoyment of their staff.

Maybe

, this or this might prove therapeutic.

That was beautiful. I've just added a new film to "must see" list.

Me too. Thanks Godot. Must say it passed me by, but I'm on the look out for when it's next on.

Perhaps I'm showing my immature side again, but I had the best laugh I've had in ages at the expense of a friend interested in finding out some information on her grandfather.

She came to me asking for help (given my own interest in family history), but couldn't help but laugh when she told me that she wanted information on the Mungo family. Indeed, her poor mother was a Mungo. Thus the jokes kept coming...

We shouldn't be surprised how she turned out, as she came from a long line of Mungos...etc

Where did the name originate? Was the first Mr Mungo just a complete idiot?

Perhaps I'm showing my immature side again, but I had the best laugh I've had in ages at the expense of a friend interested in finding out some information on her grandfather.

She came to me asking for help (given my own interest in family history), but couldn't help but laugh when she told me that she wanted information on the Mungo family. Indeed, her poor mother was a Mungo. Thus the jokes kept coming...

We shouldn't be surprised how she turned out, as she came from a long line of Mungos...etc

Ok, I shall play Mr Thicky.

WTF is that all about?

Mungo Park

Mungo Jerry

Mary, MUNGO and Midge

Etc.

Let me in on it Winny.

WTF is that all about?

Mungo Park

Mungo Jerry

Mary, MUNGO and Midge

Etc.

Let me in on it Winny.

You possibly need to know the individual in question before you can appreciate the significance and humourous value of the surname.

I found it funny.

WTF is that all about?

Mungo Park

Mungo Jerry

Mary, MUNGO and Midge

Etc.

Let me in on it Winny.

You possibly need to know the individual in question before you can appreciate the significance and humourous value of the surname.

I found it funny.

Ah, Okey dokey. :)

WTF is that all about?

Mungo Park

Mungo Jerry

Mary, MUNGO and Midge

Etc.

Let me in on it Winny.

I found it funny.

It is funny. Now piss off. :(

I got back from a Holiday in Cyprus in the early hours of this morning, 5 hours in a sardine tin, no leg room for anybody over 4ft 2ins and an utter prick of a teenager who wanted to put his seat ( I was sitting behind him) into my f'ucking lap and b'ollocks. The fact that he could get his seat beyond the standard tilt, standard being more than enough on a small sh*t plane, didnt seem to phase him at all, until I pushed his seat forwards and him into the seat infront of him.

In suprise he turned to me, allowing me to let him know that I had no intention of spending 5 hrs with his seat in my fekin lap, but or no buts.

The little prick feigned the old "damaged seat" ploy ( later discounted by the Stewardess...so he was a liar as well as a c'unt ) and it was only when my knees had pushed his seat so far forwards that he could see up his own a'rsehole that his father intervened.....the little weasel :)

Unfortunately, I couldnt rip his spine out as I would have been arrested, not something I seek.

You see, 99% of us who fly, fly with the seat upright, not because its comfortable ( most short haul planes are small and crap) but because its courteous, you want as much room as possible, so why deny anybody else that?

Basic respect, understanding, courtesy, care, you name it, its missing from our society.

That little prick will grow into an even more selfish prick who will breed and have baby pricks, generation after generation of humans without any moral compass.

Worst of all its turning the mild mannered into vengful and aggressive monsters who no longer want to " let it be" but want revenge, let alone take a stand.

Im seething!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post LFN. The real villains are the airlines who think it's OK to stack people like sardines. I think they make these reclining seats for the perverse enjoyment of their staff.

Maybe

, this or this might prove therapeutic.

That was beautiful. I've just added a new film to "must see" list.

Me too. Thanks Godot. Must say it passed me by, but I'm on the look out for when it's next on.

I think I must be the only person that hated that film, but when I saw it back in 93/94 I was not the bitter and twisted person I am today. It rates with 'The Big Lebowski' and 'Glengarry, Glenross' as one of those films I never want to see again.

WTF is that all about?

Mungo Park

Mungo Jerry

Mary, MUNGO and Midge

Etc.

Let me in on it Winny.

I found it funny.

It is funny. Now piss off. :(

There is a bloke in our town who is, erm, somewhat mentally challenged. He is quite fat and has a mop of unruly curly hair, a speech impediment and not many teeth. Since forever he has been called Mungo. I don't even know what his real name is. He looks a bit like someone who should have been in Mad Max. So if I came across someone who's real name was Mr Mungo, I would find it rather amusing too.

If I'm very much mistaken, the first Mungo was the 6th Century saint, also known as Kentigern to whom Glasgow Cathedral is dedicated.

He can be seen along with his four miracles (one of which seems to have been lighting a fire) on Glasgow's coat of arms.

Died in the bath apparently. Or fell into a font, depending on which version you believe.

If I'm very much mistaken, the first Mungo was the 6th Century saint, also known as Kentigern to whom Glasgow Cathedral is dedicated.

He can be seen along with his four miracles (one of which seems to have been lighting a fire) on Glasgow's coat of arms.

Died in the bath apparently. Or fell into a font, depending on which version you believe.

We (the Angles) sold them the blueprints to fire as early as the 6th century? Clearly we didn't repress the Scots as much as they claim. :rolleyes:

Smartarse

We (the Angles) sold them the blueprints to fire as early as the 6th century? Clearly we didn't repress the Scots as much as they claim. :rolleyes:

Bigger smartarse

This is something nice, but you don't have long to celebrate:

At exactly 12.34pm today and 56 seconds it will be

12.34.56 07.08.09

Can't happen again for another 1000 years.

Seconds to go!

All gone! But what a moment.

Bugger, misssed it.

but what about nine minutes past eight pm, on the 20th September?

20:09 20-09-2009

Let us not forget that it will be 09:09:09 09.09.09 tomorrow morning.

It hardly compares with the once in a millennia spectacular that occurred last month, but we'll all be dead by the time it happens again....Although actually, thinking about it, the same argument could be applied to every second that passes, but even so, tomorrow morning there will be a significant second.

Edit - Thinking about it even more, I'd like to challenge Godot's claim that 12.34.56 07.08.09 can't happen again for another 1000 years, as it will happen again in 2109. This means that Rotten Ali's above mentioned moment in time is the most significant second and our two offerings are merely B List by comparison.

Another edit - Continuing to think about it - straining my brain in the process - I don't think RA's selection is valid in the sense that with the date and time displayed like that, then no date could ever be repeated. But then again, wouldn't the other two mentioned be also unique if they weren't abbreviated? Does this mean that there isn't any such thing as a signficant second (not including the description of a spouse or partner)?

Massively confused now and coming up with more questions than answers :sick: . I hope Monoclinic reads this, she'll be able to help.

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

It hardly compares with the once in a millennia spectacular that occurred last month, but we'll all be dead by the time it happens again....Although actually, thinking about it, the same argument could be applied to every second that passes, but even so, tomorrow morning there will be a significant second.

Edit - Thinking about it even more, I'd like to challenge Godot's claim that 12.34.56 07.08.09 can't happen again for another 1000 years, as it will happen again in 2109. This means that Rotten Ali's above mentioned moment in time is the most significant second and our two offerings are merely B List by comparison.

Another edit - Continuing to think about it - straining my brain in the process - I don't think RA's selection is valid in the sense that with the date and time displayed like that, then no date could ever be repeated. But then again, wouldn't the other two mentioned be also unique if they weren't abbreviated? Does this mean that there isn't any such thing as a signficant second (not including the description of a spouse or partner)?

Massively confused now and coming up with more questions than answers :sick: . I hope Monoclinic reads this, she'll be able to help.

Man arbitrarily set time some 'time' ago to a fixed point in 'time' that was not the starting point of the universe. The only thing significant about tomorrow is that we shall be getting a day older. Some of us become a year older, by my not so arbitrary date of birth.

DDT I believe mental confusion is a symptom of metal poisoning, that tractor might be starting to take its toll. Do we need to alert Peter Falk of a potential soul mate?

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

DDT I was quite enjoying the prospect of your second until you started carping about my second. I was going to set my alarm but don't think I will now. There should be enough room in the infinity of time for numerous intriguing seconds without having a debate over which is best. We'll be having a vote on it next.

Can I put my vote in for next year's 'significant' second?

2 minutes and 1 second past 1 o'clock in the morning on the 11th of October 2010? I'll let you work out why.

I must however point out that these 'significancies' happen 24 times in the space of 24 hours and if we were to cross the dateline going eastwards we could experience them again!

EDIT: I've not quite taken off my anorak, I was thinking how this would be lost on the likes of BC Alum (not CA, she's lived over in Europe and thus exempted) with his American system. Our system of ascending order is clearly the most logical (in the pharma world you actually have to write JAN etc. overcoming the discrepancy) so should we be applying this to our significant second of the (arbitrary) millenia quest? Thus should we first consider the seconds then the minutes then the hours before getting into the whole date shennanigans?

OK, pick the bones out of this one. New York's twin towers collapsed on 9/11 which just happens to be the number you dial for emergency services in the US. Tomorrow is 9.9.9. I'm not a superstitious type but I wouldn't want to be up Canary Wharf tower tomorrow morning.

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

Massively confused now and coming up with more questions than answers :) . I hope Monoclinic reads this, she'll be able to help.

DDT I was quite enjoying the prospect of your second until you started carping about my second. I was going to set my alarm but don't think I will now. There should be enough room in the infinity of time for numerous intriguing seconds without having a debate over which is best. We'll be having a vote on it next.

:lol:

Godot you should get up tomorrow and savour the second anyway. I didn't mean to belittle your second which is just as good, if not better, if not slightly worse than my second. Put it this way, if you don't get up for this, you'll miss thousands of other equally unique, but possibly not quite so intriguing, seconds. You might only have a few hundred million seconds left to go, you should be awake to see as many of them as possible. :sick:

I'll be up and ready to ponder over this tomorrow morning.

My next significant moment will be when I get to sleep in my own bed.

OK, pick the bones out of this one. New York's twin towers collapsed on 9/11 which just happens to be the number you dial for emergency services in the US. Tomorrow is 9.9.9. I'm not a superstitious type but I wouldn't want to be up Canary Wharf tower tomorrow morning.

I'm moving to Oz... they use 0-0-0, or as an alternative, Facebook.

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

Massively confused now and coming up with more questions than answers :) . I hope Monoclinic reads this, she'll be able to help.

Godot you should get up tomorrow and savour the second anyway. I didn't mean to belittle your second which is just as good, if not better, if not slightly worse than my second. Put it this way, if you don't get up for this, you'll miss thousands of other equally unique, but possibly not quite so intriguing, seconds. You might only have a few hundred million seconds left to go, you should be awake to see as many of them as possible. :sick:

I was stuck in to the Telegraph crossword and missed it - beginning to regret it now. It would have been a good second to savour.....for a second. I'm loath to admit it, but I thought your second was better - much neater. Also you were right about the 100 year repetition for my second. Not sure what to think of the one on the 20th. Better than your average second, for sure. Must try to catch that one. I wonder if there are any other good ones coming up?

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

I was stuck in to the Telegraph crossword and missed it - beginning to regret it now. It would have been a good second to savour.....for a second. I'm loath to admit it, but I thought your second was better - much neater. Also you were right about the 100 year repetition for my second. Not sure what to think of the one on the 20th. Better than your average second, for sure. Must try to catch that one. I wonder if there are any other good ones coming up?

I was there and it was mindblowing.

BTW - One hundred million seconds is only three years and two months, so you might even survive to see a billion more seconds pass by. (That's only an American billion. By the time an old fashioned British billion seconds have elapsed, we'll all be dust.)

I was stuck in to the Telegraph crossword and missed it - beginning to regret it now.

Its alright.

If you have a 12 hour clock you can watch the repeat tonight...