Bald rick

Room Lovely, Look You.

Don't think me strange but I vote for watching random people doing random things. Or just putting oddballs in here for their entertainment value. Now being the inquisitive sort this could equally go in room 101 as you never quite know WHY they do the things they do.

Today on the train a couple of rows in front of me were an oldish couple. Already in a bay of four the gentleman decided to sit diagonally behind the lady but would incessently go back and forth to fiddle with the bags throughout the hour I was aboard. Here is the action I found most bizarre: In his own private bay of seats he produced a can of Coke Zero and another 500 mL bottle 5/8 th full of what looked like Coke Zero again. Each of these bottles were in clear plastic bags. He rummaged around for a key to open the ringpull then poured in some of the contents to the Coke bottle then after another faff produced a 500 mL bottle of water which was about 1/2 drunk. He poured in some water to the now topped up bottle of coke but it still looked like Coke. To the bottle of water he added the rest of the can of Coke. This took on the colour of a Long Island iced tea, which is undoubtedly a favourite of mine (when accompanied with all its *white spirits* and sours and not in this case water). He examined the colours in turn and then took a long drink from both bottles before wrapping them back up in their bags. At this point I was a bit miffed he wasn't going to pour them into each other to even up the concentrations.

Anyway, for room lovely I'd like to put in strangers as there's nowt so queer as folks. Even if hell is other people, from a distance they're really quite funny.

Mono, he was probably an actor rehearsing a part in a Beckett play. In fact that was probably the whole play.

However Jean Claude Van Damme is the only Belgian actor and he didn't have the "moules" to be him!

Don't think me strange but I vote for watching random people doing random things. Or just putting oddballs in here for their entertainment value. Now being the inquisitive sort this could equally go in room 101 as you never quite know WHY they do the things they do.

Today on the train a couple of rows in front of me were an oldish couple. Already in a bay of four the gentleman decided to sit diagonally behind the lady but would incessently go back and forth to fiddle with the bags throughout the hour I was aboard. Here is the action I found most bizarre: In his own private bay of seats he produced a can of Coke Zero and another 500 mL bottle 5/8 th full of what looked like Coke Zero again. Each of these bottles were in clear plastic bags. He rummaged around for a key to open the ringpull then poured in some of the contents to the Coke bottle then after another faff produced a 500 mL bottle of water which was about 1/2 drunk. He poured in some water to the now topped up bottle of coke but it still looked like Coke. To the bottle of water he added the rest of the can of Coke. This took on the colour of a Long Island iced tea, which is undoubtedly a favourite of mine (when accompanied with all its *white spirits* and sours and not in this case water). He examined the colours in turn and then took a long drink from both bottles before wrapping them back up in their bags. At this point I was a bit miffed he wasn't going to pour them into each other to even up the concentrations.

Anyway, for room lovely I'd like to put in strangers as there's nowt so queer as folks. Even if hell is other people, from a distance they're really quite funny.

Mono, he was probably an actor rehearsing a part in a Beckett play. In fact that was probably the whole play.

However Jean Claude Van Damme is the only Belgian actor and he didn't have the "moules" to be him!

Supposing he wasn't Belgian? I've just been on a train in France and I'm not Belgian. Or perhaps he just imagined himself as Van Damme. But I doubt if Van Damme would do Beckett. I could be wrong. I still think the rehearsal scenario is feasible. It would explain why the lady was sitting in a different set of seats since she might have been coming to the first night and he didn't want to spoil things for her. I've been in a Beckett play that involved a bottle and a banana but the bottle was made of glass and the banana was made of banana stuff. This could be a "modern" interpretation. I have also seen someone rehearsing on a train before. This was an actress on the tube. But it wasn't Beckett and she managed without props. I got off at Green Park so never found out what happened.

Fireworks displays in the country, I know I have waxed lyrical about my dislike of fireworks in the city, scared the dog etc, the fireworks display at the end of Glasgow's Garden Festival celebrations in 1988 scared the sh*t out of me, not least because one of the 'professionals' blew his leg off and the festivities got cut short. My town has what is called a Civic Week every year and the culmination of that will be on Saturday; but tonight a torchlight procession came down my street, we are one of 4 streets that run off the main square and when they get to my end they can go down onto the riverside, gather with their 'medieval' torches (how they don't set fire to each others hair I'll never know) and watch the fireworks being set off in the countryside right across from them. I'm lucky, it was primetime viewing here, directly across from my house, got to sit here and enjoy it, when you don't have the phosphorus of city lights they can be quite amazing.

Postmen.

Today, my postman brought me my tickets for the Moto GP at Donington next weekend.

He also brought me my decree absolute. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:referee:

Postmen.

Today, my postman brought me my tickets for the Moto GP at Donington next weekend.

He also brought me my decree absolute. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:referee:

Woo hoo. That's great news LB.

Can I add customers who say "thank you" (in a none sarcy manner obviously). I'd say less than 5% of customers we help say thanks, but it's always nice when it happens.

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I really miss John Inman...

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I really miss John Inman...

Well go and join a Dale Winton fan club then.

... my postman ... brought me my decree absolute. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

As opposed to your mother, who allegedly charges a fiver. Kids ride for half price on school days.

I know I've babbled on about it in the cycling thread, but I love the Tour de France - a perfect, intense little three-week soap opera full of great characters and amazing athletes, drugs or no drugs. ITV4 and Eurosport both do a grand job with the coverage, with little of the hype and idiocy that often surrounds football (especially on Sky).

And even if you can't tell your Armstrongs from your Wigginses, it's a lovely travelogue around the French (and Swiss and Italian) countryside. I'll be sad when it ends on Sunday.

I know I've babbled on about it in the cycling thread, but I love the Tour de France - a perfect, intense little three-week soap opera full of great characters and amazing athletes, drugs or no drugs. ITV4 and Eurosport both do a grand job with the coverage, with little of the hype and idiocy that often surrounds football (especially on Sky).

And even if you can't tell your Armstrongs from your Wigginses, it's a lovely travelogue around the French (and Swiss and Italian) countryside. I'll be sad when it ends on Sunday.

Sorry to release the urine on to your parade Harry, but seeing as Sky are sponsoring a new British team and involving themselves in promoting cycling with

the 'Skyride' initiatives, its surely a matter of time before they get their hands on coverage of the Tour. It would be perverse if they didn't really... :(

I am now off work till 17th August. Woohoo!

I finally have my second reference!

Although I had to change referees to get it.

Given that we are now into August, it may be all too late though. Bastards.

This is something nice, but you don't have long to celebrate:

At exactly 12.34pm today and 56 seconds it will be

12.34.56 07.08.09

Can't happen again for another 1000 years.

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

All gone! But what a moment.

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

12.34.56 07.08.09

Seconds to go!

Bugger, misssed it.

but what about nine minutes past eight pm, on the 20th September?

20:09 20-09-2009

angry_windshield_message.jpg

Apart from the USA'n vernacular, this bloke's got the right idea. Love it.

• Like 1

angry_windshield_message.jpg

Apart from the USA'n vernacular, this bloke's got the right idea. Love it.

Oh, why can't we all just get along and be nice to each other?

You'd think that the sheer futility of existence would be enough to deal with, but no, it seems that enhancing it with vitriolic malignancy really does hit the spot.

I so want to live that idyllic world Tempus, I really do.

The problem is, there is always some complete bastard that doesnt.

I know the following should go into Room 101 or the irrelevent thread where we can mention the mundane, however, it belongs here methinks, in view of whats just been said.

I got back from a Holiday in Cyprus in the early hours of this morning, 5 hours in a sardine tin, no leg room for anybody over 4ft 2ins and an utter prick of a teenager who wanted to put his seat ( I was sitting behind him) into my f'ucking lap and b'ollocks. The fact that he could get his seat beyond the standard tilt, standard being more than enough on a small sh*t plane, didnt seem to phase him at all, until I pushed his seat forwards and him into the seat infront of him.

In suprise he turned to me, allowing me to let him know that I had no intention of spending 5 hrs with his seat in my fekin lap, but or no buts.

The little prick feigned the old "damaged seat" ploy ( later discounted by the Stewardess...so he was a liar as well as a c'unt ) and it was only when my knees had pushed his seat so far forwards that he could see up his own a'rsehole that his father intervened.....the little weasel :unsure:

Unfortunately, I couldnt rip his spine out as I would have been arrested, not something I seek.

You see, 99% of us who fly, fly with the seat upright, not because its comfortable ( most short haul planes are small and crap) but because its courteous, you want as much room as possible, so why deny anybody else that?

Basic respect, understanding, courtesy, care, you name it, its missing from our society.

That little prick will grow into an even more selfish prick who will breed and have baby pricks, generation after generation of humans without any moral compass.

Worst of all its turning the mild mannered into vengful and aggressive monsters who no longer want to " let it be" but want revenge, let alone take a stand.

Im seething!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got back from a Holiday in Cyprus in the early hours of this morning, 5 hours in a sardine tin, no leg room for anybody over 4ft 2ins and an utter prick of a teenager who wanted to put his seat ( I was sitting behind him) into my f'ucking lap and b'ollocks. The fact that he could get his seat beyond the standard tilt, standard being more than enough on a small sh*t plane, didnt seem to phase him at all, until I pushed his seat forwards and him into the seat infront of him.

In suprise he turned to me, allowing me to let him know that I had no intention of spending 5 hrs with his seat in my fekin lap, but or no buts.

The little prick feigned the old "damaged seat" ploy ( later discounted by the Stewardess...so he was a liar as well as a c'unt ) and it was only when my knees had pushed his seat so far forwards that he could see up his own a'rsehole that his father intervened.....the little weasel :unsure:

Unfortunately, I couldnt rip his spine out as I would have been arrested, not something I seek.

You see, 99% of us who fly, fly with the seat upright, not because its comfortable ( most short haul planes are small and crap) but because its courteous, you want as much room as possible, so why deny anybody else that?

Basic respect, understanding, courtesy, care, you name it, its missing from our society.

That little prick will grow into an even more selfish prick who will breed and have baby pricks, generation after generation of humans without any moral compass.

Worst of all its turning the mild mannered into vengful and aggressive monsters who no longer want to " let it be" but want revenge, let alone take a stand.

Great post LFN. The real villains are the airlines who think it's OK to stack people like sardines. I think they make these reclining seats for the perverse enjoyment of their staff.

Maybe

, this or this might prove therapeutic.

I so want to live that idyllic world Tempus, I really do.

The problem is, there is always some complete bastard that doesnt.

I know the following should go into Room 101 or the irrelevent thread where we can mention the mundane, however, it belongs here methinks, in view of whats just been said.

Had a good holiday then?

Great post LFN. The real villains are the airlines who think it's OK to stack people like sardines. I think they make these reclining seats for the perverse enjoyment of their staff.

Maybe

Ahhhh!!

You have no idea how many times I have plotted revenge on those that have wronged me!!

We all do that, dont we?

As for you, Lardy.

You are a bastard.

A very nice, bastard.......but still a bastard. :unsure:

Maybe

Ahhhh!!

You have no idea how many times I have plotted revenge on those that have wronged me!!

We all do that, dont we?

As for you, Lardy.

You are a bastard.

A very nice, bastard.......but still a bastard. ;)

How very rude, I hope you've caught Cypriot Swine Flu and it turns your testicles scabby :unsure:

The little prick feigned the old "damaged seat" ploy ( later discounted by the Stewardess...so he was a liar as well as a c'unt ) and it was only when my knees had pushed his seat so far forwards that he could see up his own a'rsehole that his father intervened.....the little weasel :)

Maybe

That was beautiful. I've just added a new film to "must see" list.