Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

He was a serious consideration for my soap theme team last year and was until today for next year.I decided last year against him purely as I didn't want a team too bare on the big soap names.

He was in Emmerdale and Crossroads but neither for very long.

1 hour ago, time said:

One of which is me, and he’s in next year’s team as well. 

Not anymore he's not!

Willie Jonah, who played Old Tibo in the Doctor Who story Can You Hear Me? with Jodie Whitaker in 2020, seems to have died without fanfare maybe in September: https://williejonah.muchloved.com/

Played Kenneth Kaunda in The Iron Lady and Cardinal Arinze in The Two Popes. In lighter roles in Carry On Up The Jungle and on TV in Terry And June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm listening to Hadoke's Radio show, here are some of the names mentioned that I don't think have been noticed yet. I'd also expect his annual Doctor Who in memoriam video over the next few days which will likely have a few others. 

Chris Webb (IMDb)

William Sleigh (IMDb)

Alan Thompson (IMDb)

• Like 2

It's here...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

List of previously unmentioned deaths, I've only included those with an IMDb. 

Ian Yardley - extra, died 2020

Clay Hunter - extra

Ash Wilkinson - designer

John Friedlander - effects & art departments

Ken Major - camera

Bill Bonner - propman

David Whitson - camera

Bernie Green - extra

Vaughan Collins - extra

Lionel Wheeler - extra

Robin Yarnton - extra

Jennifer Hill - Mrs Peace in the Unquiet Dead

John Barclay - vision mixer

Jenny Doe - production assistant

Ian Wingrover - VFX

• Like 1

Only one name in there that I have to sort on Wiki... Ian Wingrove (wiki).

Is there a source for his death. I see that on "Thunderbirds Wiki" it says he died on 30 December 2023 after a short illness. 

If I can find a tweet or a FB post, I can ping this to the Hollywood Reporter as Wingrove was an Oscar nominee.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Only one name in there that I have to sort on Wiki... Ian Wingrove (wiki).

Is there a source for his death. I see that on "Thunderbirds Wiki" it says he died on 30 December 2023 after a short illness. 

If I can find a tweet or a FB post, I can ping this to the Hollywood Reporter as Wingrove was an Oscar nominee.

Potrebbe essere un'immagine raffigurante 1 persona e il seguente testo "Maggie Wingrove con an Wingrove altri I'm overwhelmed by your love and respect everyone has said about my dear husband an has given great comfort Thank you This last bout Iness which thought he was recovering from looks ke was 10০ much heart willl you know when the funeral Thanky you Here lan with his mate whom we lost ast month unlikely his before the end f anuary"

I found this

• Thanks 1

For those who like to do form spotting, the London Comic Con Spring, 2-3 March, has many film and television notables revelant to this thread.

https://www.londoncomicconspring.com/

Doctor Who (2005 - present): Billie Piper, Julian Bleach

Doctor Who (1963-1989): Julian Glover, Frazer Hines, Colin Baker, Bonnie Langford (@YoungWillz), Sylvester McCoy

There are 16 actors total that are listed with both eras of Doctor Who.

Worth noting that Hines did not appear at a previous event a few years ago, having pulled out due to an illness (never specified). 

• Like 1

Following the death of Michael Jayston the list of classic Doctor Who serials with no surviving guest actors is up to 6. With those being An Unearthly Child, Planet of the Giants, The Rescue, The Power of the Daleks, The Deadly Assassin and The Ultimate Foe. (You could technically include the Edge of Destruction but it had no guest cast to begin with so I don't think it counts).

An Unearthly Child & Planet of Giants have 2 regulars - Russell and Ford

The Rescue is just Russell and O'Brien

Power and Assassin both just have 1 surviving cast member being Anneke Wills and Tom Baker respectivly

and now The Ultimate Foe has Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some discussion on a B7 FB group today suggested that Michael Keating has dementia. Someone had been trying to book him for an event and was told that he was too unwell. 

Really sad news

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Some discussion on a B7 FB group today suggested that Michael Keating has dementia. Someone had been trying to book him for an event and was told that he was too unwell. 

Really sad news

Will surely get more coverage for his role on EastEnders than a science fiction series.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Comped said:

Will surely get more coverage for his role on EastEnders than a science fiction series.

In B7 he was one of the titular 7 and the only cast member to appear in all 52 episodes. If his only claim.to fame was playing a vicar in  Eastenders I do not think he would bother obituary writers too much but B7 is an iconic series of British dystopian SF and well regarded (as well as much ridiculed)

• Like 1

One series has a cult following, dodgy sets, even dodgier acting and saw its audience dwindle with ever more unrealistic storylines and the other is Blake's Seven.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

One series has a cult following, dodgy sets, even dodgier acting and saw its audience dwindle with ever more unrealistic storylines and the other is Blake's Seven.

Wouldn't be so bad if it also ended with the characters all getting gunned down.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Wouldn't be so bad if it also ended with the characters all getting gunned down.

As it happens I have envisioned a possible final episode of EastEnders where Grant Mitchell returns and he and Phil and Ian and Sharon and the other old stagers are finally killed off. Except Max Branning of course as he would survive a nuclear holocaust.

• Like 3

Reports on Facebook that Paul Neary who edited Doctor Who Weekly and was also an artist for some of the Doctor Who Comic Strips died on 10th February aged 74.

• Like 1

So for completeness here. Two Who alumni dead.

Stuart Organ was in Dragonfire.

John Savident was basically in the best of television, but he had a memorable turn as The Squire in The Visitation (one of my favourites). But let's not forget his roles in The Avengers and Blake's 7.

Edit: Oh and A Clockwork Orange for film.

• Like 2

David Tilley, variously floor manager and production assistant on various classic Doctor Who serials, reportedly dead: 

Worked also on Jackanory and Eastenders.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2024 at 07:22, Bibliogryphon said:

Reports on Facebook that Paul Neary who edited Doctor Who Weekly and was also an artist for some of the Doctor Who Comic Strips died on 10th February aged 74.

Reports that (the most) prolific Doctor Who writer Roger Noel Cook has died: 

Obviously known for his comic strips and the animated Doctor Who: Dark Days series, he also worked for Penthouse magazine.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Dalek Operator Cy Town has died aged 93.

He's been "EXTERMINATED"!