Sign in to follow this  
Coffin Filler

Cheeta(h) the Chimpanzee(s)

Anyone care to explain why he has Wizbit on his head?

It's Spongebob Squarepants. Blimey, don't they teach these young'uns anything in school these days?;-)

I'm alarmed that Wizbit is now appearing in these nostalgia shows and such like - I didn't think my childhood was THAT long ago!

What's a Wizbit? ;)

You'll like this, not a lot

Guest Guest_dave_*

Is Cheeta related to Suharto by any chance? :)

Guest Guest_dave_*

Ive just found out the last survivng actor from the Tarzan films Cheeta starred in died a few weeka ago

Ive just found out the last survivng actor from the Tarzan films Cheeta starred in died a few weeka ago

A few weeks? Laraine Day died November 10th, which would be approximately two and a half months ago. At least nine or ten weeks could fit in that time frame, which is out of the range of a "few" weeks.

Right, Iain, listen you little asswipe:

1) Everyone else knew back in November & was posted at the time.

2) 2 months is not a few weeks

3) weeks is spelt WEEKS not WEEKA

4) Surviving is spelt as so not SURVIVNG

5) Johnny Sheffield is still alive & he appeared in two of Cheetah's Tarzan movies.

Why don't you do us all a favour & go & boil your head in a vat of molten rhea poo? Oh - and don't appeal to the moderators as you always do as, last time I checked, they don't do favours for banned contributors.

To everyone else, apologies - I had to have an Iain rant somewhere in 2008, it was making me ill....

Tarzan's mate Cheeta writes his memoirs.

He sounds like a right luvvie...

Dear old Johnny was more typecast than I was... I've had a rich career, every day is a blessing... I can't deny that I'd like my own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

The old rascal has his own thread too.

Tarzan's mate Cheeta writes his memoirs.

He sounds like a right luvvie...

Dear old Johnny was more typecast than I was... I've had a rich career, every day is a blessing... I can't deny that I'd like my own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

The old rascal has his own thread too.

Oh bugger, apologies - perhaps a mod could move my post - thanks.

Posts moved - LG

A campaign has started to get Cheetah honoured in 2008 with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

DeathListers can add their name to the peitition here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/GoCheeta/

I signed. For so many reasons, I felt that it was the right thing to do. Annoying that the instructions say that you can leave out your email if you don't want the newsletter, yet the form requires it. My junk addy just got a new subscriber.

It's a busy time for Cheeta - his book and his cover version of CB trucker anthem Convoy are about to be released, the campaign for his Hollywood Walk of Fame star gathers pace (why Lassie and Godzilla but not Cheeta?) and he's still pumping out the Ape-stract artworks. He's cut out the smokin' and boozin' due to his diabetes, so here's to many more years for the old chap.

At home with Mr Jiggs.

This campaign to get the low-hanging Socks the Cat on the 2009 list is a red herring; if any animal deserves a place it's the mighty Cheeta.

Petition your local committee member!!

This campaign to get the low-hanging Socks the Cat on the 2009 list is a red herring; if any animal deserves a place it's the mighty Cheeta.

Petition your local committee member!!

Afox on that! Cheeta is a fraud.

And I signed the damn petition too... I've been taken for a fool. :)

Afox on that! Cheeta is a fraud.

At least he's appropriately named.

Dead

Supposedly aged 80. "According to Cobb [the sanctuary's outreach coordinator], her grandparents acquired Cheetah from Johnny Weissmuller, who played Tarzan in several movies from the 1930s"

Dead Supposedly aged 80. "According to Cobb [the sanctuary's outreach coordinator], her grandparents acquired Cheetah from Johnny Weissmuller, who played Tarzan in several movies from the 1930s"

51 or so is quite a good innings for a chimpanzee.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

You know this death has affected me more than most of the human deaths on here. Is it wrong to cry over the death of a chimp?

Guest Guest

Turns out Cheeta is a fraud.He never appeared in any Tarzan film and was born on the 1960s not 1931. . The real Cheeta the chimp died in the 1930s as you can read here http://en.wikipedia....28chimpanzee%29 . I feel cheet-ed

Turns out Cheeta is a fraud.He never appeared in any Tarzan film and was born on the 1960s not 1931. . The real Cheeta the chimp died in the 1930s as you can read here http://en.wikipedia....28chimpanzee%29 . I feel cheet-ed

The ABC is claiming he is the genuine article:

Cheetah, the chimpanzee that starred in the Tarzan films of the 1930s, has passed away at the age of 80, according to the Florida sanctuary where he had lived for more than 50 years.

"It is with great sadness that the community has lost a dear friend and family member on December 24, 2011," the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor announced on its website.

Cheetah had performed in Tarzan The Ape Man (1932) and Tarzan And His Mate (1934), classic films about a man reared in the jungle starring Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan.

The chimpanzee - who arrived at the sanctuary in 1960 - loved finger-painting and watching football and was soothed by Christian music, the sanctuary's outreach director Debbie Cobb told the Tampa Tribune.

"He could tell if I was having a good day or a bad day. He was always trying to get me to laugh if he thought I was having a bad day. He was very in tune to human feelings," Ms Cobb said.

Ron Priest, a sanctuary volunteer, told the Tribune that Cheetah stood out because he could walk upright with a straight back like a human and that he was distinguished by other talents.

"When he didn't like somebody or something that was going on, he would pick up some poop and throw it at them. He could get you at 30 feet with bars in between," Mr Priest said.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-28/chimp-from-1930s-us-tarzan-films-dead-at-80/3750258

You know this death has affected me more than most of the human deaths on here. Is it wrong to cry over the death of a chimp?

Surely Zsa Zsa will finally go now. As a thespian, she was about on a par with Cheetah.

I will think of Cheeta(h) today as i eat a banana .

Get a fucking grip of yourself. It's only a monkey FFS! 2.gif

Ape, actually. An orangutan I know has confirmed that with an emphatic "Ook!"

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Ape, actually. An orangutan I know has confirmed that with an emphatic "Ook!"

regards,

Hein

*Sigh* OK then, a fucking ape. Oooooo aaaaaaah eeeeee eeeeee eeeee!