Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

I love Christmas!
  • Like 1

Are you sick of Christmas already? What do you think of Christmas stuff appearing in the shops in October? Anything Christmas-related that you'd like to have a good rant about?

Do you believe in Santa Claus?

Ahhh good old Commercialmas...

The time of the year when the suicide rate is the highest...

Here's hoping for a bit of chlorine in the Christmas gene pool :old:

Although people of non-Christian faiths may have no problem with it, it might offend a white, middle-class, lefty graduate who's been on too many equality and diversity courses wthout ever actually speaking to to somebody from a minority group.

All the more reason to keep the title as "Christmas"!

(I am an atheist & I don't have a problem with it)

1998 - Bryan MacLean, Rock & Roll singer & guitarist (Byrds), dies

1998 - Bryan MacLean, Rock & Roll singer & guitarist (LOVE), dies

QUOTE (themaninblack @ Nov 10 2005, 10:08 PM)

1998 - Bryan MacLean, Rock & Roll singer & guitarist (Byrds), dies 

1998 - Bryan MacLean, Rock & Roll singer & guitarist (LOVE), dies

I cut and pasted it from another website. That is an oversight. Did you know that Bryan MacLean was nearly a Monkee?

I cut and pasted it from another website. That is an oversight. Did you know that Bryan MacLean was nearly a Monkee?

That's evolution for you.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should change the title of this thread to, "Winter Holiday", Lady Die.

Although people of non-Christian faiths may have no problem with it,

I can't say i ever bothered to count the jewish members?

Mainly because i don't think there are any. :wub:

If I remember correctly we did have one Jewish deathlist member.

If I'm not mistaken he was a dominant deathlist figure who was promoted to some kind of post - Moderator I believe.

The 1st of January is also in my head - this may well be his join date.

Things went wrong and he is no longer a part of the deathlist team.

The name has escaped my mind, any ideas who this Jewish member may be?

:D

The name has escaped my mind, any ideas who this Jewish member may be?

:wub:

Apparently that member no longer exists! So there for

this thread will keep the title "Christmas" instead of any

"Winter Holiday" :D

We may have closet Jews in our membership.

Personally, I suspect RomanCatholicBoy. :wub:

The best way to find out would be to change ones screen name to 'priest'.

If that scares him away, he probably is Catholic.

We may have closet Jews in our membership.

Personally, I suspect RomanCatholicBoy. :wub:

The best way to find out would be to change ones screen name to 'priest'.

If that scares him away, he probably is Catholic.

To find out if one is a hisitic Jew all that needs to be

done is to take some none - kosher meat and

send a half price off avertisement by PM.

From there depending on if they vanish or

not should clarify what they truely are.

Although if there are some members in the closet

who are jewish i hope there is no offence takin by

my comedic but so true joke. :D

So there I was wandering home late the other morning before the afternoon had set into the prelude of evening whne I saw it.............pine cones and pine branches strewn across the side walk in front of a crappy store that over charges for every thing from sweaters to weenie warmers.

I checked the date on the calendar in the box near the corner and saw it was niot yet the end of the first week of May. Why were tyhe Christmas decorations going up so soon I wondered but alas I never shall know as a loud piercing scream awoke me and I found Santa Claus had become stuck in my electric fire place chimney.

I checked the date on the calendar in the box near the corner and saw it was niot yet the end of the first week of May. Why were tyhe Christmas decorations going up so soon I wondered but alas I never shall know as a loud piercing scream awoke me and I found Santa Claus had become stuck in my electric fire place chimney.

:):blink:

I too have started putting up the decorations early... I've loosened a few slates and I've put razor wire up the chimney.

That fat bastard will cop for it if he stops by this year.

hoshohoho8bd.jpg

I too have started putting up the decorations early... I've loosened a few slates and I've put razor wire up the chimney.

That fat bastard will cop for it if he stops by this year.

Now, why would he stop by your place? I have given him instructions only to let the reindeer do their thing above your home.

Now, why would he stop by your place? I have given him instructions only to let the reindeer do their thing above your home.

That's why I bought the larger calibre .308 :)

I quite like Xmas, the excellent food and wine being the high point, this year I am spending it with my family which will include my 17 month old nephew, so I suppose I'll be spending the time rescuing my dog from my nephew (or rescuing the Xmas dinner from my dog, who has been known to sneak off with an occasional unattended joint of meat).

When I was a child my parents put an alarm clock in the hall outside the bedrooms, when it went off at 6 a.m. we were allowed to go downstairs and see what Santa had brought, I always felt that Xmas morning seemed to vanish very quickly, it was years later my parents confessed that they had turned the clock back a couple of hours so it was really 8 a.m. when we got up, giving them a couple of hours extra sleep.

I quite like Xmas, the excellent food and wine being the high point, this year I am spending it with my family...

That make it 3 of us, including Entropy, that like Christmas. Cheers Lady G!

Regards,

ff :(

I quite like Xmas, the excellent food and wine being the high point, this year I am spending it with my family...

That make it 3 of us, including Entropy, that like Christmas. Cheers Lady G!

Regards,

ff :(

Hello! I personally LOVE Christmas. All the fabulous prezzies, and super-tasty food, and excitement, and lovely decorations, and parties, and shopping, and days off work, and most importantly Christmas carols.

Christmas Carols are my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE! Honestly - these songs only come out once a year, and everybody gets to sing them, no matter how bad a singer they are, and they're so cheery and some are quite beautiful (though of course some are pants). And there's loads of great concerts, including my all-time favourite which is the singalong Messiah, where the audience gets to sing all the choruses with the choir.

How can people not love this?? Admittedly, I don't like that the hype starts mid-October. But like Bald Rick says, just ignore it until you don't want to anymore. And I know that it's un-PC and all that, but I say: bring on the materialism! I love giving presents, and I love getting presents. And if the DeathList Merch were of a higher calibre, many of my family members would be receiving DL items this year.

Why shouldn't Christmas have evolved as a holiday? I'm not of any particular religious vein, but I don't see why I should be shamed into not enjoyed the festivities. Maybe this is why Jews for Jesus has come to be - just a bunch of Jews who want to sing carols and have Christmas trees.

I used to eat Wensleydale cheese at Christmas. Now I have to eat Wallace and Grommit Wensleydale cheese. It's just not the same somehow

;)

Christmas can be a troublesome time at best for people who happen to be on the brink of death.

What with all the slippy floors

Freezing conditions

Rowdy families

Pounding of an already fragile liver with lashings of beer

And perhaps choking on christmas dinner (especially since alot of oldies seem to loose the ability to chew food properly.)

Maybe were in for a couple of last minuters :o ?!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed for some end of the year demises in my other deathpools. Hopefully it will include someone from this year's deathlist as well.

BTW, Welcome to the forum, Cup of Tea

Regards,

ff :P

• Like 1