Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

I accept that I'm ignorant, but I also think I'm right in expressing that point.

If you cannot accept a countries culture, why choose to live there. If I were to move to certain parts of India and ask for steak and chips, they wouldn't take too kindly.

Indeed, I take back labelling it on Halibuts but I didn't want to blame the jews. :lol:

I wasn't so much contradicting your point as your implication that only Halibuts (and now also Jews) don't celebrate Christmas. It is possible to be a run-of-the-mill Anglo-Saxon Brit and not want to celebrate Christmas.

I don't know how I feel about the whole turning-Christmas-into-'The-Holidays' issue. I am currently in the States and on the radio a few weeks ago they were discussing how one parent at one school complained about the fact that their child was being taught a Christmas carol, and the teachers were then told they weren't allowed to teach Christmas carols anymore. On the one hand I think: well, if you're going to have a system where religion and school are separate, you have to stick by it, in which case Christmas carols should not be taught in schools. On the other hand, I think it's sad - not only becuase I love Christmas carols ( :P ) but because I think that this is leading to the religious intolerance which is currently wreaking so much havoc in the world.

What I think should be done is that everyone in school should have to learn about the different religious festivals as they occur - songs, the history behind them, what they mean, etc. Then every religion is on equal ground. I mean, I'm not Jewish but I grew up listening to Raffi and it didn't do me any harm. Why does learning about a religion that isn't yours have to be a terrible thing? Why can't we just all get along?!?

• Like 1

see - an offended southerner

I am a southerner too .... and also offended. :P

I think that Windsor has a point.  You don't go to Saudia Arabia or Iran or any other Halibut country and ask them to change Ramadam, so that it does not offend non-Halibuts.  You don't go to Israel and ask them to change Hanukkah or Yom Kippur, to prevent non-Jews from being offended.

Why is it that Christmas has to be changed to accomodate anyone that might be offended?

My impression of the culture in which we live is that the Nominal Christians who run the place are happy to demote Christmas to "holidays" in order to include as many people as possible in the BIG SELL season. All other arguments are promoted as a smoke screen to this blatant prostitution of a significant religion.

Some of the others have more self respect!

Looks like these householders agree with you Capt.

According to the article they've decorated their house in a macabre theme to protest the commercialization of Christmas.

They're not offended. It's the oh so prim and proper Brits (mostly southerners) who are scared to cause offence, and in trying to be PC piss off everybody else who had never thought about it.

I am a northerner, not easily offended.

Ya'll soft southern shites

(Not very PC either)

According to the article they've decorated their house in a macabre theme to protest the commercialization of Christmas.

We have pictures...

SANTA.jpg

That'll really help to make the rest of the neighbourhood sympathise with them...

I thought all this stuff about the so-called war on Christmas was confined to the USA, where the Christian 85% majority are doing their "we're the persecuted underdog" act. I gather it's going on in the UK as well?

I thought all this stuff about the so-called war on Christmas was confined to the USA, where the Christian 85% majority are doing their "we're the persecuted underdog" act. I gather it's going on in the UK as well?

I was going to reply to Windsors' rant thus...Do you know of any instance where a local authority has actually banned any mention of Christmas, or are you simply following the tabloids (including of course The Mail and Express) in their scare-stories?

We have pictures...

SANTA.jpg

What is the relevance of the giant penis and the green merkin?

Could the merkin be green because it has gone off?

Could the merkin be green because it has gone off?

By the look of that 'penis', it's not the only thing to have gone off.

Ya'll soft southern shites

(Not very PC either)

I think everybody has there own way of speaking and everybody

expresses themselves in a different way. If someone wants to talk

like they are gods gift then allow them. If somebody wants to talk

as if they are Mr.Intellegence that let it be. If some people want to

act like something there not so be it.

Although being yourself is one of the keys to what life is all about.

I'm guessing many people roam these type of websights so they

can infact be themselves. ;)

Me I'm getting some new running shoes, a few splinters from the true cross and a fistful of CDs the neighbours are likely to hate.....incidentally the neighbours are a long way off but I've got a stereo that'd double as a weapon of mass destruction.

Oh yeah and I might've lied about the splinters!

I haven't really thought about it.

Indeed, I haven't done any christmas shopping, sent any christmas cards or even decorated for christmas yet.

Perhaps a bit late?

I really can't be bothered with it this year.....

Hair straighteners I think and something from HMV as I saw an HMV bag and was told not to look in it

I have asked for a super-stripey tuque and scarf set. I have also asked for maple sugar (which I'm currently addicted too - yum!). I will fairly certainly receive grooming products from my little sister, and I will inevitably receive at least one death-related item. Bring on the prezzies!

A shovel to whack people over the heads with when they have outlivced their expiration date.

I thought all this stuff about the so-called war on Christmas was confined to the USA, where the Christian 85% majority are doing their "we're the persecuted underdog" act.

What's the story over there? I mean why aren't they allowed to call Christmas, Christmas?

I like the new greetings card from the Shite House though...

hos4127cw.jpg

Nice touch. Well done George! clapper9yr.gif

• Like 1