Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

Is there a website called deathpod?

• Like 1

Hey Bruno, this isn't google ye know. :P

:P

Christmas can be a troublesome time at best for people who happen to be on the brink of death.

What with all the slippy floors

Freezing conditions

Rowdy families

Pounding of an already fragile liver with lashings of beer

And perhaps choking on christmas dinner (especially since alot of oldies seem to loose the ability to chew food properly.)

Maybe were in for a couple of last minuters :o ?!

Ever the optimist I see.

I doubt it myself,

Isn't there already a Christmas thread that this could be merged with.

Yes. I believe It's called Christmas.

[Threads merged: Ms B]

Edited by Boudicca

Did you know that if you want to be PC you have to call 'Christmas lights', 'festive lights' because it may offend non-christians.

Lot of pish if you ask me.....

Did you know that if you want to be PC you have to call 'Christmas lights', 'festive lights' because it may offend non-christians.

And in the government buildings, the 'Christmas Tree' is now called a 'Holiday tree'.

And in the government buildings, the 'Christmas Tree' is now called a 'Holiday tree'.

Put the Christmas tree isn't a Christian symbol,

Like a lot of Christian traditions it originates from Pagan beliefs.

I suppose the Christmas Tree or 'Holiday Tree :P ' is just like Santa.

It has nothing to do with the first Christmas when Jesus was born (depending on your faith, religion and outlook( I'm not one to offend people)).

So on a technicallity, one could claim that they are not called Christmas trees or lights for religious reasons, but for commercial reasons to celebrate the new Christmas which is almost totally detached from religion.

And if they still don't accept, they can piss of back to some Halibut country where they can freely exercise their religious right and us ours.

PS. I'm not a racist.

Hey Bruno, this isn't google ye know. ;)

That accounts for why I get so few hits :P:o:lol::lol:

Does it really offend non-Christians or does the Ministry Of W*n**r* believe that it offends non Christians?

I think they should be called "Commercialmas Lights" because, let's face it, Christmas is an annual excuse to get into debt through bowing to the social pressure to spend. After all Jesus never existed. :P

Ha!

Looks like global warming is even affecting chrismtas what with all thos light switches.

I love that song

I suppose the Christmas Tree or 'Holiday Tree :dead: ' is just like Santa.

It has nothing to do with the first Christmas when Jesus was born (depending on your faith, religion and outlook( I'm not one to offend people)).

So on a technicallity, one could claim that they are not called Christmas trees or lights for religious reasons, but for commercial reasons to celebrate the new Christmas which is almost totally detached from religion.

And if they still don't accept, they can piss of back to some Halibut country where they can freely exercise their religious right and us ours.

PS. I'm not a racist.

Perhaps not a racist, but your implications that 1) all people who don't 'accept Christmas' are Halibut, and 2) that anyone who doesn't 'accept Christmas' should f*ck off elsewhere, suggest ignorance. :rolleyes:

I accept that I'm ignorant, but I also think I'm right in expressing that point.

If you cannot accept a countries culture, why choose to live there. If I were to move to certain parts of India and ask for steak and chips, they wouldn't take too kindly.

Indeed, I take back labelling it on Halibuts but I didn't want to blame the jews. :ghost:

If you cannot accept a countries culture, why choose to live there. If I were to move to certain parts of India and ask for steak and chips, they wouldn't take too kindly.

Indeed, I take back labelling it on Halibuts but I didn't want to blame the jews. :P

Alot of people don't accept cultures that others live by only because

that they themselves don't believe in perhaps anything other then

themselves. :ghost:

I think that Windsor has a point. You don't go to Saudia Arabia or Iran or any other Halibut country and ask them to change Ramadam, so that it does not offend non-Halibuts. You don't go to Israel and ask them to change Hanukkah or Yom Kippur, to prevent non-Jews from being offended.

Why is it that Christmas has to be changed to accomodate anyone that might be offended?

I don't believe any Halibuts, Hindus etc are in the least bit "offended" by Christmas.

They're not offended. It's the oh so prim and proper Brits (mostly southerners) who are scared to cause offence, and in trying to be PC piss off everybody else who had never thought about it.

It's the oh so prim and proper Brits (mostly southerners)

A small and non-scientific straw poll of my Hindu and Jewish friends seemed to show that they loved Christmas when they were kids, even though it was nothing to do with their religion. The mince pie can cut through any artificial cultural barrier.

(oh...and 'Southerners' my arse)

see - an offended southerner

I think that Windsor has a point.  You don't go to Saudia Arabia or Iran or any other Halibut country and ask them to change Ramadam, so that it does not offend non-Halibuts.  You don't go to Israel and ask them to change Hanukkah or Yom Kippur, to prevent non-Jews from being offended.

Why is it that Christmas has to be changed to accomodate anyone that might be offended?

My impression of the culture in which we live is that the Nominal Christians who run the place are happy to demote Christmas to "holidays" in order to include as many people as possible in the BIG SELL season. All other arguments are promoted as a smoke screen to this blatant prostitution of a significant religion.

Some of the others have more self respect!

I think that Windsor has a point.  You don't go to Saudia Arabia or Iran or any other Halibut country and ask them to change Ramadam, so that it does not offend non-Halibuts.  You don't go to Israel and ask them to change Hanukkah or Yom Kippur, to prevent non-Jews from being offended.

My impression of the culture in which we live is that the Nominal Christians who run the place are happy to demote Christmas to "holidays" in order to include as many people as possible in the BIG SELL season. All other arguments are promoted as a smoke screen to this blatant prostitution of a significant religion.

Christianity is just a silly cult that was created around a Jewish dissident.

It won't last you know.

It won't last you know.

I may disagree with you here a bit Tempus but Christianity is

rapidly fading. People go around saying

"I f****n love Jesus" - Wait there is something wrong? You broke

one of his own commandments and you don't even know it!

Although there will allways be believers but for the religious we

need some sort of warning that Christ isn't happy. :ghost:

It won't last you know.

There's a few silly cults around here

The only people that want to change Christmas are the politicians who believe that it offends. Not the minority groups. You'll find that while none of them believe in Jesus they're not exactly arsed about anyone maxing out their credit cards in his name either...

I'm indigenous to this country. I think Christmas is bollocks. Where can I f*** off to? :P

• Like 1