Banshees Scream

Sydney Pollack

Guest Guest
Another acknowledgement in a review of Leatherheads....

But it does look good, and it often sounds good too, with subsidiary performances from Keith Loneker and others that are equal to the dialogue thrown at them. The executive producer is Sydney Pollack, one of Hollywood’s best, who is now unfortunately gravely ill in Los Angeles. :rolleyes:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/film-23...viewId=23476623

Is it the same person, as they've spelt his name as Pol-lack? :)

Isn't he in a movie coming out now called Made of Honor seems like he is doing not that bad?

Another acknowledgement in a review of Leatherheads....

But it does look good, and it often sounds good too, with subsidiary performances from Keith Loneker and others that are equal to the dialogue thrown at them. The executive producer is Sydney Pollack, one of Hollywood’s best, who is now unfortunately gravely ill in Los Angeles. :sicktherm:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/film-23...viewId=23476623

Is it the same person, as they've spelt his name as Pol-lack? :)

Isn't he in a movie coming out now called Made of Honor seems like he is doing not that bad?

Well that movie was made last year, so who knows what direction his health has gone into since.

He's also been associated with a few other movies. Not so much as apprearing in them, but more along the lines of Exceutive Producer.

Yep. Sydney snuffs it to make it 8 for DL 2008.

Chance well taken DL! This within the first 15 minutes means a UK obit is assured, not that there was much of a doubt.

Just in 5/26 at 6:30 in Los Angeles. ACADEMY AWARD WINNING Director and Will's Dad, Sydney "You were a TOMATO" Pollack is dead of cancer. Now #1, #2, and #3 are all SOOOOOOO Dead...

The JOY!

He BOUGHT THE FARM in Africa... :P

Job well done! I thought May was going to have gone without a hit, but Pollack's death proved this wrong.

Is this the first time when the whole top three of a list has died, or did it happen before? I'll check.

EDIT: No, this is the first year where Numbers 1, 2, and 3 all scored a hit.

Guest Someone

Seems easy to caption, The Way We Were is among his directed films. The Way I Was maybe???

Bollocks, more ground lost in the DDP. :P

Hurrah!

It's so inconvenient when they go at unsociable UK hours...but I'll take it :P

Seems easy to caption, The Way We Were is among his directed films. The Way I Was maybe???

or perhaps [This isn't] The Way We Were.

Guest RaggedClaws

I am really, really sorry you were right about this one.

On behalf of the DL Committee, might I just say, that we f*****g rock this year

Well this confirms it. He really was ill.

I think I had him on handrejka's deadpool, so it's not all bad.

Well I guess the bank holiday weekend paid off.

Sydney was a great director and a wonderful actor. Hollywood has lost a great talent.

With that said, his death wasn't exactly unexpected and most of us have predicted he would died within the foreseeable future. I guess that future was yesterday.

Also, maybe it's me, but I'm rather surprised by the lack of extensive media coverage over Pollack's death. There was maybe a 5 second blurb on CNN at best.

The dude who invented french fries (whatever his name was) got more media coverage than Sydney Pollack.

Sydney was a great director and a wonderful actor. Hollywood has lost a great talent.

With that said, his death wasn't exactly unexpected and most of us have predicted he would died within the foreseeable future. I guess that future was yesterday.

Also, maybe it's me, but I'm rather surprised by the lack of extensive media coverage over Pollack's death. There was maybe a 5 second blurb on CNN at best.

The dude who invented french fries (whatever his name was) got more media coverage than Sydney Pollack.

He'll get more coverage today....everyone was at a bar-b-que yesterday in the US. Seems like that rag magazines do pretty well with the terminal cancer rumors.

The sad part is that more people would have eaten at McD's than would have watched a Sydney Pollack movie.

Even though no one would easily recognise Simplot as being the guy that originally supplied McD's with fries.

Won't be long before tributes come flooding in and movie critics start blogging mouring Pollack.

And that's a cut! For the skeptics who dismissed the chances of Pollacks demise 'It's Good Afternoon!' And a very respected figure in the film industry, and it's a shame, but he will definitely be accepted as one of the 'quality graduates' this year. I admit that at one point in the year I began losing my confidence in him, but to say the least he hasn't let me down. Overall the committee deserves a 'clap clap' for listening to me once again, and now let's see if we will be on our way .... to a record breaking year!

Now this is somebody I have heard of. Thought he was great as Dustin Hoffman's frustrated agent in Tootsie. Seemed a nice enough bloke in real life. Such a shame when the nice ones go.

Now this is somebody I have heard of. Thought he was great as Dustin Hoffman's frustrated agent in Tootsie. Seemed a nice enough bloke in real life. Such a shame when the nice ones go.

Jesus wants the nice ones for moonshine, or something.

How about "Pollack Sleeps With the Fishes"?

Jesus wants the nice ones for moonshine, or something.

I think the line we used to sing Honez was: "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam la la la la la."