Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Any update on Tolimir? I have him on my larger list but haven't heard anything about him in awhile.

All I know is that he recently denied that he is 'gravely ill'. But then so did Suzanne Pleshette.... :skull:

Incidentially Misers, you said you had a larger list of 68, is that the one for the near 40-yr old deadpool

in the US?

Yes. The Game gazette pool http://egamegazette.net/ Don Wittman counted in that one. I finished 5th last year and 7th in 2006.

No wonder you're doing well! You're the equivalent of a continental player joining the English premiership. We have a couple of regulars out of the DDP this year for whatever reason and so its good that there are new blood that's making an immediated impact and setting the cat among the pidgeons.... :P

Keep an eye on amy winehouse... pete doherty and of course the lovelly britney for drug enduced death!!!! which one will go first????

also peter sallis of wallis and gromit fame and last of the summer wine is looking a bit slower these days should be up there with clive dunn in fact most of the cast of last of the summer wine should have there own death list.....

José Saramago, 85, internationally acclaimed Portugese author, who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1998, has been hospitalised with respiratory problems. One to keep an eye on. :skull:

Out of hospital and recovering. Again, sorry for the multiple posts, but I'm updating the "Names" list and calling them when I see them.

Daniel Geiges, the nuclear smuggling Swiss engineer who in 2004 confessed to leaking nuclear secrets to Libya, Iran and North Korea has had his condition described sadistically by various sources and has been sentenced to five years imprisonment which 'Him being a unique selection worth 11 points for the Master Mind team...

'I don't think he will see spring. :party:

He is getting more coverage then I could ever ask for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7228423.stm

More fuel to the fire that Eddie Thompson is fading fast - Levein dedicates win to Chairman.

Has Thompson been described as terminally ill before or was there the possibility his cancer would be beaten at one point? Either way, it looks like he'll hang on for the final, but after that... :party:

The Syrian dissident, Riad Seif, has been arrested and thrown in prison for "harming the image of Syria". He suffers from prostate cancer and was previously banned from leaving the country for medical treatment, a restricition he has described as a "slow death sentence". BBC article about him here.

Another prisoner, this time in Russia, Vasily Aleksanyan, an oligarch who has ended up behind bars for embezzlement, is suffering from cancer and AIDS. His lawyer says he is not getting proper medical treatment, which won't do much for his chances. Aleksanyan says he'll die in prison, I think he's probably right. His case has been reported by the BBC, the FT, and The Times.

Finally, "Sunderland's funniest man", Bobby Knoxall is suffering from bladder cancer. He's supposed to be a legend in is native North East, but his fame certainly hasn't reached the South West. I reckon he'd get some sort of obit. He's an MBE and wrote "All The Way"....Sunderland's 1973 FA cup final song....

Finally, "Sunderland's funniest man", Bobby Knoxall is suffering from bladder cancer. He's supposed to be a legend in is native North East, but his fame certainly hasn't reached the South West. I reckon he'd get some sort of obit. He's an MBE and wrote "All The Way"....Sunderland's 1973 FA cup final song....

I've never heard of him either, but what a bizarre article.

Friends of Bobby, 74, are organising the concert "Bobby Knoxall: Barrow Boy to MBE" which will be held on Sunday, March 23.

And organisers of the show today pleaded with Echo readers: "We want this to be the best-kept secret on Wearside … so please, don't let Bobby know."

Mr Lavelle said: "We've yet to secure a venue, but we are confident we can and equally confident that we can attract some big names, locally, regionally and nationally.

"We don't want Bobby to know about this, which I know is a tall order. We want it to be the best-kept secret in the North East, so Bobby will get the surprise of his life when he walks on stage.

Surely, plastering this on the Sunderland Echo, local radio & the internet, is just about the WORST way to keep a secret??? Surprise of his life, my arse. :party:

Arse!

Frank Kelly AKA Father Jack has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. Feck.

I've been waiting for five hours for someone to post that. <_<

Guest Guest

Former Whitesnake and Trapeze guitarist Mel Galley is 'seriously ill with cancer'

Here

Rep. Lantos to retire due to cancer By ANNE FLAHERTY, Associated Press Writer

6 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Rep. Tom Lantos, a California Democrat and chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, announced on Wednesday that he will not seek re-election this year because he has cancer of the esophagus.

Lantos, 79, is the only Holocaust survivor elected to Congress and is known for his dedication to human rights issues. He is serving his 14th term, after joining the House in 1981.

"It is only in the United States that a penniless survivor of the Holocaust and a fighter in the anti-Nazi underground could have received an education, raised a family, and had the privilege of serving the last three decades of his life as a member of Congress," Lantos said in a statement. "I will never be able to express fully my profoundly felt gratitude to this great country."

According to his statement, "routine medical tests" revealed the cancer. It did not provide additional details.

Lantos was born in Budapest, Hungary. In 1944, as a teenager, he was sent to a labor camp but eventually escaped. Three years later, he came to the United States on an academic scholarship.

He is married to Annette, his childhood sweetheart. The couple has two daughters, 17 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

"His experience, intelligence, and compassion will be deeply missed," said Pelosi, D-Calif.

DEAD :rolleyes:

Kurt Westergaard, Danish cartoonist seems to like playing with fire and has reprinted one of the caricatures of Mohammad that caused widespread rioting.

He stated "Of course I fear for my life when the police intelligence service say that some people have concrete plans to kill me."

I hear from a friend of a friend that the actor Ian Holm has Parkinson's and is not long for this world.

Didn't he have cancer too, a few years ago? It all went a bit quiet on that front when he was in Lord of the Rings...

I hear from a friend of a friend that the actor Ian Holm has Parkinson's and is not long for this world.

Didn't he have cancer too, a few years ago? It all went a bit quiet on that front when he was in Lord of the Rings...

He was diagnosed with prostate cancer, which probably explains the trivia question at my local Borders at the time

"Do you know Bilbo's ring size?"

The President of Cyprus, Tassos Papadopoulos, currently campaigning for re-election, has been forced to deny rumours that he is seriously ill and suffering from kidney failure.

His campaign manager seems to have rather a relaxed attitude to the whole business of getting elected:

Asked why Papadopoulos had toned down his campaigning in the last few days, he replied: “There is no reason for Mr Papadopoulos to go from place to place. He’s been to all the villages and towns. Does he have to do it again? Let those who need last minute votes do that.

I wonder if Batol Saqafi Khomeini will get a UK obit? She's the widow of Ayatollah Khomeini and will be 90 this year. Described as "aged and ailing" in this article.

Peter Jackson, boss of Lincoln City football club, has throat cancer.

Oof! That's a bastard, they've just lost the incomparable talents of assistant Neil 'Macca' McDonald to Leeds United.