Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

Andrew McKelvey, founder and former CEO of the website Monster.com, is suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer. He probably won't make it to the next deadpool competition, but worth knowing about, just in case he hangs in there for a while longer.

Guest Guest_dave_*

BBC radio reports that Jeremy Beadle is seriously ill in hospital with pneumonia.Looks like Beadle aint gonna be about much longer..

Guest Guest_dave_*
Her platinum blonde hair was a dark brown colour

Doubt that's down to illness. ;)

Actually I think she looks nicer now.

I'd still do her :)

BBC radio reports that Jeremy Beadle is seriously ill in hospital with pneumonia.Looks like Beadle aint gonna be about much longer..

Link

Guest TheVulturesAreCircling
Phantom Posted Yesterday, 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Guest_dave_* @ Jan 25 2008, 09:25 AM)

Link

Beadle - a good candidate with his history of things cancerous but probably for 2008

Donald Sinden seemingly enjoying rude health also gets a mention elswhere. At 83 he must be good outside bet along with (by association):

Elaine Stritch - 82 this year, diabetic and sometime boozer.

How about Edward Woodward, 78 this year meeting up with his old mate Lonely - two heart attacks, a triple bypass and he collects swords. (could easily have an eye out - or worse - with one of those).

Im going for Mimi von Scrotumscratcher.

98 years old, kidneys fecked, heart on its last legs, would be an inspired DL pick for 2009!! :party:

Prospective Presidential parents in 2009;

Roberta McCain, the nearly 96 year old mother of John McCain. Especially if McCain becomes president, being the mother of a president would be a big deal, she would be the second longest live parent of a president to my knowledge after Rose Kennedy's 104 years.

Dorothy Howell Rodham, mother of Hillary Rodham Clinton, she will turn 89 this year and thus is also up there in age. Even if Hillary doesn't become president she might be a good bet being the mother of a former first lady.

Those are the only living parents of major presidential candidates.

Roberta McCain, the nearly 96 year old mother of John McCain. Especially if McCain becomes president, being the mother of a president would be a big deal, she would be the second longest live parent of a president to my knowledge after Rose Kennedy's 104 years.

Dorothy Howell Rodham, mother of Hillary Rodham Clinton, she will turn 89 this year and thus is also up there in age. Even if Hillary doesn't become president she might be a good bet being the mother of a former first lady.

There's at least one more Presidential parent who died older than the age Roberta McCain is now, who is Susanna Boylston Adams, the mother of John Adams who died at 98.

There's at least one more Presidential parent who died older than the age Roberta McCain is now, who is Susanna Boylston Adams, the mother of John Adams who died at 98.

Your right, its hard to remember them all.

Speaking of first family deaths, Harry Truman's daughter died yesterday at 83. Presidential children are a bit far fetched as far as a prominent death list candidates though, although John Eisenhower, son of Dwight Eisenhower is 85 and has already lived longer than both of his parent's did.

How about US Vice-Presidents?

Dick Cheney turned 67 today and has all those heart problems, how long will he live after he leaves office?

George H.W. Bush is also an ex-president and will turn 84 this year. Walter Mondale is now 80 years old.

Guest TheVulturesAreCircling

The BBC publishes it's own DL?

The BBC publishes it's own DL?

If they keep this up all year, some of the more risky candidates (Pausch comes to mind, but others as well) may have increased obit chances, as I assume that this would be satisfactory.

Looks like Wittman is SOL though...

DDP pick, Philip Jones Griffiths gave a recent interview to The Independent, which mentioned his health:

Now 72 and one of the most respected photographers in the world, Griffiths is dying of cancer. "Excuse me," he regularly interjects during this interview, "that'll be the tumour in my lung. It's pressing into my trachea, and it hurts. I'm on my last legs, you know."

No news on another DDP pick, Baba Amte, but I can report that his housekeeper has been mauled to death by a tiger. :D

Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper Romain Larrieu is facing surgery to remove a cancerous growth on his abdomen. He was treated two years ago for testicular cancer.

BTW, I watched Exeter City destroy Stevenage 4-0 today, it was like watching Brazil.

DDP pick, Philip Jones Griffiths gave a recent interview to The Independent, which mentioned his health:
Now 72 and one of the most respected photographers in the world, Griffiths is dying of cancer. "Excuse me," he regularly interjects during this interview, "that'll be the tumour in my lung. It's pressing into my trachea, and it hurts. I'm on my last legs, you know."

No news on another DDP pick, Baba Amte, but I can report that his housekeeper has been mauled to death by a tiger. :D

Didn't pick Griffiths for DDP, but would be a welcome edition to WDP 2009, if that goes ahead...

Zeljko Sturanovic, chosen by many a DDP'r (and the one person I have regretted leaving off my DDP) has resigned as PM of Montenegro due to ill health. :skull:

Well I definitely hope you regret it 'and I try to say that with respect' but overall he wasn't generally a popular selection but selected by some of DDP 2008's most intimidating contenders. Zeljko Stuarnovic resigning from presidency translates to 'drops dead in June' and with the combination of himself and prestigious Pausch being 30 points alone... I look forward to seeing my team rise in the standings.

Zeljko Sturanovic, chosen by many a DDP'r (and the one person I have regretted leaving off my DDP) has resigned as PM of Montenegro due to ill health. :P

Hmmm. Sounds ominous, glad I saw my way clear to putting him on.... :skull:

Zeljko Sturanovic, chosen by many a DDP'r (and the one person I have regretted leaving off my DDP) has resigned as PM of Montenegro due to ill health. :P

Hmmm. Sounds ominous, glad I saw my way clear to putting him on.... :skull:

You're doing well son, you're doing well.....

I've stacked my chips on Tolimir to cark it, but we'll see what happens.... :P

I've stacked my chips on Tolimir to cark it, but we'll see what happens.... :skull:

Any update on Tolimir? I have him on my larger list but haven't heard anything about him in awhile.

Any update on Tolimir? I have him on my larger list but haven't heard anything about him in awhile.

All I know is that he recently denied that he is 'gravely ill'. But then so did Suzanne Pleshette.... :skull:

Incidentially Misers, you said you had a larger list of 68, is that the one for the near 40-yr old deadpool

in the US?

All I know is that he recently denied that he is 'gravely ill'. But then so did Suzanne Pleshette.... :skull:

Incidentially Misers, you said you had a larger list of 68, is that the one for the near 40-yr old deadpool

in the US?

Yes. The Game gazette pool http://egamegazette.net/ Don Wittman counted in that one. I finished 5th last year and 7th in 2006.