Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

TheIrish singer, Ronnie Drew is undergoing treatment for cancer. He used to sing in the Dubliners.

As he isn't dead yet, I've moved him from the dead of 2008 thread into the ideas & possibilities thread :P

Unhinged Scottish actor, Iain McColl, who appeared in Rab C Nesbitt, is suffering from cancer. He was in a spot of bother a few years ago for wielding a hatchet during a dispute about an outstanding bill for driving lessons and he was due to be standing trial today for beating up two women in Glasgow, but the charges have been dropped because of his health, which suggests his prognosis might not be too good.

As far as HollyWood in 2009 goes Jeff Conway must be a contender. He looked awful during his latest stint in ReHab and there were talk's of Kidney failure.

Unhinged Scottish actor, Iain McColl, who appeared in Rab C Nesbitt, is suffering from cancer. He was in a spot of bother a few years ago for wielding a hatchet during a dispute about an outstanding bill for driving lessons and he was due to be standing trial today for beating up two women in Glasgow, but the charges have been dropped because of his health, which suggests his prognosis might not be too good.

When you mentioned 'unhinged' and Rab C Nesbitt, I assumed it was the wee man who played his son. Didn't he get into a spot of bother a while ago?

Aye, the wee man's sexual tastes ran to wains, allegedly. He's alive, his career isn't.

Robert Daley father of diving phenomenon Tom, has been treated for a brain tumour. Meaning any on-going problems are likely to get coverage as his son becomes more of a celebrity. No evidence the dad is set to shuffle off too soon, mind.

Aye, the wee man's sexual tastes ran to wains, allegedly. He's alive, his career isn't.

That was Eric Cullen. He died in 1996.

Robert Daley father of diving phenomenon Tom, has been treated for a brain tumour. Meaning any on-going problems are likely to get coverage as his son becomes more of a celebrity. No evidence the dad is set to shuffle off too soon, mind.

Mentioned here

Aye, thanks DDT. I did search 'Robert' but he's Rob on the other thread. He's 'Robert' in the article I linked.

As for Eric Cullen, that's bloody tragic, no bullshit.

Former Oldham Athletic goalkeeper Gary Kelly is suffering from cancer. He's had an operation to remove part of his upper arm. He will also be undergoing more surgery soon.

No news on Gary Kelly, but his father, Alan Kelly, who played for Preston and Ireland, has been diagnosed with colon cancer.

He's been nominated before, but not for 2009, and I don't recall his name coming up during the 2008 nomination meeting. A guy who writes sports books who I was talking to last night reckons Malcolm Allison is very ill. Here's an article from 7 years ago, and he's unlikely to have got much better since.

Malcolm Alkison

A guy who writes sports books who I was talking to last night reckons Malcolm Allison is very ill. Here's an article from 7 years ago, and he's unlikely to have got much better since.

Yeah - basically, to cut it short, he's suffering from the same kind of hangover previous excess drinking does to you in your old age. Think how Brian Clough was in his last days/years.

Having said that, although he looks very frail, he does still (and indeed was at their most recent home game) watch Manchester City's home games, so whatever is going inside him, it's not stopping him going out & about & taking part in club social events - as proved here.

Curtis Salgado the original blue eyed 'Blues Brother' has liver cancer. Fundraising has begun.

Perhaps just about famous enough in the U.K. My apologies if already mentioned or already dead (I did search).

Curtis Salgado has given an interview about his battle with liver cancer. Despite his upbeat attitude, the article discloses that he underwent further surgery last October, after a spot was discovered on his lung. He says he is now completely recovered, but I wouldn't be so sure. ;)

Dith Pran, the Cambodian photojournalist who was the inspiration for the award winning film 'The Killing Fields', is suffering from pancreatic cancer. ;)

Dith Pran, the Cambodian photojournalist who was the inspiration for the award winning film 'The Killing Fields', is suffering from pancreatic cancer. :skull:

Well after missing out on Philip Jones Griffiths, I suppose I better 'snap' him up......

*Tumbleweed drifts by....*

From Libya: Fathi al-Jahmi, a political prisoner who is generally considered the countries most 'prominent liberal dissident' has been hospitalized. Al-Jahmi suffers from diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. His fame status is equivalent if not more valuable then Shih Ming Teh. The report claims he has been in declining health for about five years now, but won't back down on the possibility of his near demise. Given the life span in most developing countries being what? (65?) he could be a rewarding ghost pick come next year.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/H...aa280a0957e.htm

From Libya: Fathi al-Jahmi, a political prisoner...His fame status is equivalent if not more valuable then Shih Ming Teh.

Really Banshees? I'd beg to differ, and so does Google.

Shih Ming Teh - 81,500 matches

Fathi al-Jahmi - 559 matches :skull:

Some qualified source would definitely cover Al-Jahmi. They would probably also cover Shih. That isn't the argument.

The point was: Wouldn't you think a neglected political prisoner in his mid sixties with various ailments holds a better shot then Taiwan's Mandela who is still very active politically? I don't believe he has lung cancer. There was never a certified source which made that claim.

Or at least 'I never saw it'

Well he has liver cancer, which is good enough for me.

Anyway, rumours abound about the health of Kyrgyzstan's President, Kurmanbek Bakiev, who is on an "extended vacation" in Germany.

Dith Pran, the Cambodian photojournalist who was the inspiration for the award winning film 'The Killing Fields', is suffering from pancreatic cancer. :skull:

Well after missing out on Philip Jones Griffiths, I suppose I better 'snap' him up......

dead :P

This is really most tiresome, DDT - I do hope your next batch of suggestions are not going to continue to die a day after suggestion. :skull: It is making a mess of my deathlist. :P

Another one for the DDT scrapbook!

Hopefully this one will last until Tuesday at least...

Jimmy Chagra, convicted alongside Charles Harrelson (father of Woody Harrelson), of ordering the assassination of a judge in 1979, has just been operated on for a brain tumour, he is also suffering from lung cancer. He was a major player in the 1970s drug smuggling scene (see here) and I think he will secure a UK obit.

Hopefully this one will last until Tuesday at least...

Jimmy Chagra, convicted alongside Charles Harrelson (father of Woody Harrelson), of ordering the assassination of a judge in 1979, has just been operated on for a brain tumour, he is also suffering from lung cancer. He was a major player in the 1970s drug smuggling scene (see here) and I think he will secure a UK obit.

DDT: Well done again...hopefully he has an experation date after 1/1/2009

BBC Radio 4 newsreader, Rory Morrison, is suffering from Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia, a type of lymphatic cancer. He was diagnosed four years ago and the condition is incurable.