Anubis the Jackal

Ideas And Possibilities For 2009

I can't say that speedway has ever been my thing, but evidently Malcolm Simmons was quite well-known in the 1970s (I love the use of the phrase 'almost celebrity status'). Anyway, it looks like he faces a bigger challenge than riding round and round in the dirt these days.

Another prisoner, this time in Russia, Vasily Aleksanyan, an oligarch who has ended up behind bars for embezzlement, is suffering from cancer and AIDS. His lawyer says he is not getting proper medical treatment, which won't do much for his chances. Aleksanyan says he'll die in prison, I think he's probably right. His case has been reported by the BBC, the FT, and The Times.

Russia has finally let Aleksanyan go to hospital, not that it is likely to help him very much at this point. :rolleyes:

In the news tonight ...

Philip Jones Griffiths one of the worlds most celebrated war photographers of all - time is in his last battle - and is approaching his final show down. Doctors have claimed he wouldn't outlive the year 2003 but he has raised eye brows. The latest is after his next visit with radiation therapy he won't have more then weeks. :unsure:

.. The development of the Master Mind team is coming out so clear. Just as I saw it.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/lifestyle/2008/02/769253/

Now that Lydia has finally gone, for all of you who like a good dose of sex, drugs and cantopop, I'll refer you to the story below

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/12/china.internet

rumour here is that Gillian Chung has already tried to top herself ( although in a silly and naive kind of way) and that there is a contract out to "chop" Edison.

None of teh players would usually be Obit worthy outside of East Asia, but withthis scandal, you never know

Guest Guest_coffinlidlicka

How about the author Terry Pratchett, he has a rare form of early onset Alzheimers, and whilst in itself not a cause of imminent death, maybe he'll do himself in before he won't have the choice?

Or maybe The Arse Rev. Ian Paisley..........surely a contender for 2009.

BTW is Thora Hird still alive????

How about the author Terry Pratchett, he has a rare form of early onset Alzheimers, and whilst in itself not a cause of imminent death, maybe he'll do himself in before he won't have the choice?

Or maybe The Arse Rev. Ian Paisley..........surely a contender for 2009.

BTW is Thora Hird still alive????

No. She's dead.

Kurt Westergaard, Danish cartoonist seems to like playing with fire and has reprinted one of the caricatures of Mohammad that caused widespread rioting.

He stated "Of course I fear for my life when the police intelligence service say that some people have concrete plans to kill me."

I think the Danish cartoonist deserves his own post.

Does anyone know if he already has one?

Pakistan blocked YouTube because of Dutch politician Geert Wilders his upcoming anti-islam film

Guest AWPerative

Here's my short list for 2009:

Fred Phelps, Sr. (Pastor of Westboro Baptist Church, a cult that hates homosexuals)

Jimmy Carter (39th U.S. President)

Yogi Berra (Yankees catcher, 1946-1965)

Robert F. McNamara (US Secretary of Defense, 1961-1968)

Fred Phelps, Sr. (Pastor of Westboro Baptist Church, a cult that hates homosexuals)

Welcome, AWPerative!

Westboro Baptist Church. :) Louis Theroux interviewed these people,

Remember, God Hates Fag Enablers! I bet the RHPS isn't on their list of favourites at the local Blockbuster.

Reclusive Bollywood legend, Suchitra Sen, 76, is in hospital suffering from "a lung infection, intestinal disorders and respiratory problems." If Lydia Sum managed to get a UK obit, I'd wager that Suchitra Sen will get one as well.

French-Colombian politician, Ingrid Betancourt, 46, who has been held hostage by FARC rebel fighters in Colombia for over five years, is said to be suffering from hepatitis and extremely ill. A fellow hostage released yesterday described her as "very, very sick, physically and morally spent." The poor health of prisoners, political or otherwise, does tend to be exaggerated, but she did look very poorly in a photo released last year, also the intervention of the French Prime Minister and President might give a hint to the urgency of her case.

Prime Minister Francois Fillon

"It is most likely a question of weeks."

President Sarkozy

"I call on the FARC to free Ingrid Betancourt without delay, it is a matter of life or death"

Welcome, AWPerative!

Westboro Baptist Church. :angry: Louis Theroux interviewed these people,

Remember, God Hates Fag Enablers! I bet the RHPS isn't on their list of favourites at the local Blockbuster.

He would be someone I could really enjoy getting a hit for. Death by bunga-bunga would be appropriate. :)

French-Colombian politician, Ingrid Betancourt ... she did look very poorly in a photo released last year ...

To be fair, though, I've seen people looking more downbeat than that after a few rainy days in a caravan with the family.

French-Colombian politician, Ingrid Betancourt ... she did look very poorly in a photo released last year ...

To be fair, though, I've seen people looking more downbeat than that after a few rainy days in a caravan with the family.

Yes, but she looked like this before she looked like that.

Welcome, AWPerative!

Westboro Baptist Church. :angry: Louis Theroux interviewed these people,

He would be someone I could really enjoy getting a hit for. Death by bunga-bunga would be appropriate. :)

I'd also happily see Phelps die. Most deaths have at least some sadness to them, but I can't say that for Phelps.

An update on Danny Federici

E Street keyboardist Danny Federici, currently taking a leave of absence as he undergoes cancer treatment, is doing well, Springsteen said, adding that Federici may make it out to some shows on this leg of the tour.

previously suggested Michael DeBakey talks with Lech Walesa prior to Walesa's surgery to have a pacemaker fitted.

We are practically 1\6th through the year 2008 and talking results we have seen both the expected and unexpected. Then again, it sort of works that way with everything. Today I give you a short report on candidates who were common but weak choices for the year 2008. My top ten in no specific order.

1. Tony Snow - I've seen him on at least two separate talk shows in the passed two or three months and both times he looked more healthy and seemed very active. His cancer is in remission so that should have meant 'Next year'

2. Jeff Healey - At only 41 Healey is winning the fight as he has done many times before. One might say the risk is worth the profit but in my view the probability is not very strong.

3. Farrah Fawcett - High hopes lived in some of us at one point mainly because she was going to Germany for advanced treatment. In my mind that either means (A - The treatment here isn't working) or (B - The treatment is working but since I'm loaded Germany's will be better) I select option B.

4. Ariel Sharon - The temptation is always alive but the chances are ... what? Just about as likely as Sharon recovering? In recent articles he has had slight response and after his family being unreasonable for long enough .. lets be honest with ourselves and say he just takes up space.

5. Mikey Dread - Brain tumors 'I know it's disgusting' can be very deceiving. Even fatal they can last several years and with this Jamaican singer only in his early fifties, remission is most likely his wrap.

6. Ronnie Biggs - Start me up. This son of a bitch .. ( no wait let me start again) takes deep breath .... Ronnie Biggs was a top prospect in 2001\2002 in the world of death. Heart attack after heart attack convinced most that his time on this earth was nearing it's end. Seven years later he still lives and the 'dying prisoner' is a good actor. I think the chances of 'Biggs' croaking are very small

7. Nusrat Bhutto - After her daughters assassination in mid December 2007 it got worse when her daughter in-law was killed in a car accident New Years Day. Wow that sucks! The only word I can think of is ironic but having Nusrat die just months after two members of her family is a little too ironic for me. Next year.

8. Harold Pinter - A high rated selection a couple of years ago but the play-write has failed to perform the quality most of us have expected from him. Philip Chevron also had throat cancer ... and last I heard he was just about recovered.

9. Fidel Castro - The greatest tease in all of Deathlist history may have convinced some that he is dieing but in reality the former dictator of Cuba who ran the country since 1959 is just simply '81 years old' and he might want to kick back and watch American Idol .. with a latte ... even with a woman 35 years his junior. Who knows. It will happen someday .. but not this year.

10. Charlton Heston. - Here is the most overrated candidate of the year 2008. It's almost cool to have Heston on your DDP team. Heston's family was reported saying back in I think 2005 that 'they were worried' he might not survive the year.

Well that was accurate.

This is my Update on candidates who should have been left off this year. I made a bad selection or two - but as we all know nobody is perfect.

Post moved [HCW]

Velupillai Prabhakaran, embattled leader of the Tamil Tigers, is said to be seriously injured following an air raid. This article says he might need to have his leg amputated and this one says it is likely he will commit suicide, rather than surrender to security forces.

Velupillai Prabhakaran, embattled leader of the Tamil Tigers, is said to be seriously injured following an air raid. This article says he might need to have his leg amputated and this one says it is likely he will commit suicide, rather than surrender to security forces.

Hmmm... Quite possibly so. But considering the 2nd report contains the "suicide" quote from the same man that thinks Rudolph Hitler was leader of the Nazis, then I'm hardly inclined to believe anything he might say.

Anyway, in other news, Jeff Healey has cancelled all forthcoming concerts due to complications in his cancer fight.

Hmmm... Quite possibly so. But considering the 2nd report contains the "suicide" quote from the same man that thinks Rudolph Hitler was leader of the Nazis, then I'm hardly inclined to believe anything he might say.

Anyway, in other news, Jeff Healey has cancelled all forthcoming concerts due to complications in his cancer fight.

err.....is Jef Healey big enough ?

Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson doesn't have long left on this earth as every bone in his body is riddled with cancer. According to this article there was only a 5% chance of the disease actually moving into his brain which the cancer has defied all odds. The radiation therapy has proved ineffective and on my time table his show down is waiting for the summer. :unsure:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/United-he-...ddie.3834383.jp

Eddie Van Halen postpones his current tour to undergo medical tests