Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Former Labour MP, Leo Abse has died at the age of 91. A unique pick on the DDP for House Of Stiffs.

Journalist Adrian Sudbury, 26, is suffering from leukemia for the second time and has elected not to receive any further treatment. He has been given a prognosis of "weeks to months". He only writes for a local newspaper, but he has kept a blog detailing his condition and met the Prime Minister during his campaign to get more people to register as a donor. His story has been mentioned in the Daily Mail, Daily Mirror and on the BBC, so he will get a UK obit.

Adrian Sudbury has died. BBC obit.

Guest ATS
ex-Oakland raider and head of NFL Players Union Gene Upshaw dies at 63

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...w.ap/index.html

Ex Wakefield Trinity and international Rugby League player Don Fox dies aged 73

He was man of the match at Wembley in 1968 cup final but unfortunately missed a

conversion in front of the posts in last minute that would have won the cup for his side

Game should never have been played as ground was waterlogged but with 80,000 plus

crowd and live tv present there was no way the match would be postponed

I see Andrea Pininfarina was killed in a car crash recently.

Perhaps it's been mentioned already, but if so I couldn't find it. Or perhaps nobody has heard of him, but I have. His company designed some nice cars.

And there's a grammatical error in the obit:

When his death was announced trading in the firm's shares were suspended as a sign of respect.

tsk, tsk.

ex-Oakland raider and head of NFL Players Union Gene Upshaw dies at 63

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...w.ap/index.html

Ex Wakefield Trinity and international Rugby League player Don Fox dies aged 73

He was man of the match at Wembley in 1968 cup final but unfortunately missed a

conversion in front of the posts in last minute that would have won the cup for his side

Game should never have been played as ground was waterlogged but with 80,000 plus

crowd and live tv present there was no way the match would be postponed

"Oh the poor lad!"

Guest Guest
Don Fox, legendary rugby player with Wakefield, has died aged 73.

Look around, twat.

The "Tinsley Towers", downed by a blast. Yep, 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning, I was standing outside to watch it happen. Spectacular, the BBC's footage doesn't really capture how loud the blast really was!!

Dave Freeman

Co-wrote the original "100 Things to do before you die" book. He has died aged 47 "after falling and hitting his head at his home".

I'm sure there are millions of witty comments which could be proffered on this one...

Dave Freeman

Co-wrote the original "100 Things to do before you die" book. He has died aged 47 "after falling and hitting his head at his home".

I'm sure there are millions of witty comments which could be proffered on this one...

Died on his last trip.

Dave Freeman

Poor bastard probably didn't have time to do anything.

Note the phrase 'original': The book business is the most parasitic medium going. Anything even remotely popular with readers and there's soon a billion versions filling up Waterstones.

Rant over..

Dave Freeman

Let's hope he'd ticked off 99 other "things" before he went for his 100th experience. Bleedin' headbangers.....

Dave Freeman

Let's hope he'd ticked off 99 other "things" before he went for his 100th experience. Bleedin' headbangers.....

His family claim that he only acheived half of the things he wanted to do before he died

Jabir Herbert Muhammad, who managed Muhammad Ali, has died at the age of 70. He was the son of Nation of Islam founder, Elijah Muhammad.

The book business is the most parasitic medium going. Anything even remotely popular with readers and there's soon a billion versions filling up Waterstones.

Aye, but there's only one 'Influx' by JC Jones; genius and beyond imitation IMHO. Wonder what JC is up to today.

Guest ATS

American record producer Jerry Finn dies aged 39

Suffered a cerebal haemorrhage in July and his life support

system was turned off earlier this month

He had worked with Green Day, Offspring, Morrissey and others

Geoffrey Perkins, comedy head, scriptwriter & sometime perfomer has been killed in a car crash. Mournington Crescent

Certainly it has been the year of surprise & sad young or young-ish deaths. :rip:

BLOODY HELL!

Radio Active/KYTV, producer of the radio series of Hich-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy.

I'm shocked... :o

Here as a tribute, is one of his finest moments....

RIP Geoffrey

Geoffrey Perkins, comedy head, scriptwriter & sometime perfomer has been killed in a car crash. Mournington Crescent

Certainly it has been the year of surprise & sad young or young-ish deaths. :rip:

Speaking of young deaths, Austrailian actor Mark Priestley committed suicide at the age of 32.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...71-2902,00.html

Dead at 32? *shudder*...

Hollywood stuntwoman Hazel Warp has died at the age of 93. She threw herself down the stairs for Vivian Leigh in Gone With The Wind.