Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Nick Sanderson who used to be in The Jesus & Mary Chain and more recently Earl Brutus, has died at the age of 47

Died about a month ago, but it's only just been announced

No it hasn't

ahhh couldn't find it when I tried doing a search. not sure what went wrong

Gone With the Wind actress Evelyn Keyes is gone at age 91. Out of her four marriages, one was to John Huston, and her last one was to Artie Shaw.

EDIT: Also a unique pick for Team Bigfoot on DDP, if she gets the proper obit she'll also be said team's first hit.

SECOND EDIT: BBC obit

Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary during the Bush administration has succumb to cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/12/obit.snow/index.html

I wonder who's the third Republican who's gonna die??? Maybe that idiot Karl Rove...Rove isn't as bad as Helms. but he's not very likable.

Oh dear, poor Tony.

I knew he was going to die soon....well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP. :huh:

Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary during the Bush administration has succumb to cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/12/obit.snow/index.html

I wonder who's the third Republican who's gonna die??? Maybe that idiot Karl Rove...Rove isn't as bad as Helms. but he's not very likable.

Oh dear, poor Tony.

I knew he was going to die soon....well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP. B)

That's going to shake things up a bit.... :huh:

Update: Actually not as much as I thought, though DDT stretches his (unassailable?) lead....Football Fan must be kicking himself though.

Good day for They Died And Left Me In Charge: Two hits, 25 points and place in the top ten! Congrats TDALMIC..:)

:huh: Good day for MPFC on Poolofdeath as well, cheers Tony, every cloud and that, eh?

Indoenesian serial killer, Ahmad Suradji, 57, has been executed by firing squad. He killed 42 women and children in the hope of "gaining magical powers".

Congratulations to those who selected him. I was bidding on his-fall to be in 2009 but it's clear I underestimated the extremity of his illness. DevonDeathTrip now extends his lead by nine points and .. "Do you think you will be our 2008 DDP champion?" How confident are you? I would say that with Tony Snow croaking there are now very few who will be able to reach your position. I only see Godot-Canadian Paul- and myself "In the long run ... " who might have a chance.

Pioneering heart surgeon Dr Michael DeBakey has died aged 99...

Well that's cheered me up after a crap night with the tree next door being struck by lightning and knocking down the power lines.

Indoenesian serial killer, Ahmad Suradji, 57, has been executed by firing squad. He killed 42 women and children in the hope of "gaining magical powers".

Interesting theory. I'll give it a go on the assumption that the magic number is actually 43...

Former New York Yankees baseball player Bobby Murcer has died of brain cancer aged 62. If he gets a UK obit, five teams will score on the DDP and one, Carrion Luggage, will score double points.

Former New York Yankee Bobby Murcer dies from cancer

Murcer most foul

[edit - drat, DDT beat me to it]

Guest TheUnknownMan
Former New York Yankees baseball player Bobby Murcer has died of brain cancer aged 62. If he gets a UK obit, five teams will score on the DDP and one, Carrion Luggage, will score double points.

UK obit

Bronislaw Geremek dead. Car crash. I don't think he was a dp canidate anywhere, but them former ministers in European countries tend to get a BBC write up.

Hugh Lloyd. Chosen by a couple of teams in DDP. I chose him in 2006 but dropped him in 07 and 08

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...Hugh-Lloyd.html

First Elizabeth Spriggs, now Hugh Lloyd: Is this the Curse of Dr Who Season 24?

Richard Briers had better watch out.... :huh:

Hugh Lloyd. Chosen by a couple of teams in DDP. I chose him in 2006 but dropped him in 07 and 08

Richard Briers had better watch out.... :skull:

Bad news for Chester City too, "one of the most poorly supported clubs in the Football League". He is noted as their "best known fan". Maybe Russ Abbott had better watch his step too...

Richard Briers had better watch out.... :skull:

Nah it'll probably be Daphne Oxenford because I left her off my list this year.

I thought he'd get a better obit (publicity wise) than that!

I'd have him on the bloody 10 O'Clock news! Very odd... :skull:

The Telegraph, now it updates overnight like The Times has brought a few deaths to the fore first - Spriggs, Lloyd (who, I quite agree should have got more reviews - but did the BBC even report Spriggs' death?) and now another name from Television - Bryan Cowgill - TV executive & a pivotal name in televised sport. He was 81.

talk show host, Les Crane has died at the age of 74

The racehorse trainer Monica Dickinson has died at the age of 83. Even I'd heard of her and I hate horse racing for ruining my Saturday afternoons as a child.