Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Veteran actor Robert Prosky is dead, aged 77. He appeared in bucketloads of TV shows & films, including Far & Away, Cheers etc etc

Don't recognise the name? Try the face -

robert-prosky.jpg

"Let's do it to them, before they do it to us!"

Van Johnson has gone where angels go

an assisted living center in Nyack, N.Y.

I guess that's the opposite to the Dignitas gaff in Switzerland.

Her brother has hits with movies but Dakota Culkin prefers headbanging the hood of a passing car. I've studied the picture linked to the article with care, but I'm struggling to see signs of the said 'grieving.'

Van Johnson has gone where angels go

Reaally? And where might that be? The great Battleground?=an excellent movie, do see it if you get the chance.

Aside from that I was looking at the cast from the film State of The Union which starred several people and came across this picture which shows only one survivor at which point I looked at all the cast members and apparently the 83 year old Lansbury and one Pat Brady a woman in her 70s ((who hasn't been seen in film for some 50 years) are the only credited survivors still surviving.

state-2.jpg

And aside from that I have made a determination to be determined to no longer wear my lovely red socks as it is time to put them away in honor of Van.

And ome more aside------has anyone told Liza Minnelli yet? After all it was her film debut in The Goood Old Summertime which starred her talented mother Judy Garland and the pleasurable, treasurable Mr.Johnson. Liza is currently doing a show somewhere in the city-----I hope this won't put a damper on the show.

Rugby league great Vince Karalius has died aged 76.

Nicknamed "Wild Bull", he starred as a player for St Helens, Widnes and Great Britain, and also coached Widnes during their most successful spell.

Guest Guest_vsbfromh_*

Actor Sam Bottoms has died of brain cancer aged 53.

The brother of actors Timothy, Joseph and Ben Bottoms, he appeared in "The Last Picture Show" and "Apocalypse Now"

Breaking news:

"Phwaay!" Carry on star Jack Douglas dead at 81

DDP points for:

1-2-3 Dead Like Me

2 Days Older Than Grass

In Death Do Us Fart

Just Die Will You

Breaking news:

DDP points for:

1-2-3 Dead Like Me

2 Days Older Than Grass

In Death Do Us Fart

Just Die Will You

I nearly spilt my pint when I heard that.

Breaking news:

DDP points for:

1-2-3 Dead Like Me

2 Days Older Than Grass

In Death Do Us Fart

Just Die Will You

I don't think that this obituary counts, but if a proper one emerges for U.S. football legend Sammy Baugh, OoO will never get any sleep!

I don't think that this obituary counts, but if a proper one emerges for U.S. football legend Sammy Baugh, OoO will never get any sleep!

CNN/SI

Nah, I'm on top of it. I've already e-mailed those who picked Baugh in 2009, prepped 2008 up just in case he does get an obit & prepared Douglas (who wasn't picked in 2009). Also, I've sorted out all 2009 entries beginning with A, B & E... although there is still a lot to do.

Update to be done sometime Monday for Douglas, Baugh & anyone else who carks it inbetween.

Also added The Earl of Weymss & March to the "Missed List". A DDP organiser's work is never done....

As 2008 draws to close i was just wondering,as a newcomer to this site,at what point in the year was the latest occuring deathlist victim?

Guest Guest
As 2008 draws to close i was just wondering,as a newcomer to this site,at what point in the year was the latest occuring deathlist victim?

That would be the Legend of Artie Shaw, enabling the DL to win the DDP for the first and only time.

The Irish politcian, journalist and diplomat Conor Cruise O'Brien has died at the age of 91.

Thought long and hard about including him for DDP 2008, but went for Hewitt instead...

Bad news for the ermine trade - the British Aristocracy has lost a few of it's senior members recently, Lady Jean Matheson of Matheson, Patrick Francis Maitland, the 17th Earl of Lauderdale, Richard Charles Uryan Rhys, the 9th Baron Dynevor and David Francis Charteris, the 12th Earl of Wemyss and 8th Earl of March, have all lost their privileges.

Bad news for the ermine trade - the British Aristocracy has lost a few of it's senior members recently, Lady Jean Matheson of Matheson, Patrick Francis Maitland, the 17th Earl of Lauderdale, Richard Charles Uryan Rhys, the 9th Baron Dynevor and David Francis Charteris, the 12th Earl of Wemyss and 8th Earl of March, have all lost their privileges.

Oh good, lined up and shot to death at dawn like mangy dogs. Has the Glorious Revolution begun at last?

James Bevel, a civil rights activist who worked alongside Martin Luther King, is suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer and has been given six weeks to six months to live. He has just been convicted of child sex offences and was given a fifteen year jail sentence.

We know that the defendant is dying," said Prosecutor Gigi Lawless. "Everyone dies. This defendant should die in jail."

James Bevel has died.