Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

Robert Lucas who recently was the lead vocalist for Canned Heat has died of a drug overdose

Three drug-related deaths, very careless. Mind you, they have had nearly 50 members over the years.

Pete 'n' Amy, how about auditioning?

I saw Canned Heat a few years ago, the only original member left in the band is Adolfo "Fito" de La Para.

It was a weird billing for them at the end there were it was The Kersal Flyers, Eddie & The Hot Rods, The Hamsters, Canned Heat and John Otway all on stage doing a version of Born To Be Wild

Rapper MC Breed won't be breeding no more.

MC Breed, he already deed, please see this link to the relevant threed

I do apologise

I did not use my eyes

Next time I post

I'll make the most

Of the search facili-ties.

That really is poor.

I'll now head for the door.

Even by the standards of rap

That was terribly crap

With respect, I think myself and Lard should get the first plane out of here to Rapville USA and get our contracts signed - I'm thinking the time is right for a sort of rap / skiffle fusion explosion, say Lonnie Donegan meets Grandmaster Flash - look out charts, here we come!

Kenny MacLean, bassist with 80s Canadian glammy new wave types Platinum Blonde. They were big in Canada, I guess.

Former Australian batsman Paul Hibbert has been found dead at the age of 56, beating his Test best score by 43.

Former Australian batsman Paul Hibbert has been found dead at the age of 56, beating his Test best score by 43.

So he didn't have a good innings then...

Joern Utzon architect of the Sydney Opera House has died at the age of 90

Canadian media tycoon Ted Rogers has died at age 75

link

Canadian media tycoon Ted Rogers has died at age 75

link

3,2,1 steps to heaven...

Yes I know it's the wrong Ted Rogers, but what the hell!

Damnit, he was my secret weapon for the '09 pools. Was going to insist on him on December 31st. :rolleyes:

Folk music legend Odetta dies at age 77.

The Odetta File

First Miriam Makeba, now Odetta. Could Aretha Franklin be next?

After a 22-day dry spell of no major celebrities dying, the unfortunate streak has finally been broken...

Folk singer and civil rights activist Odetta has died at the age of 77.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1863667,00.html

Funny enough, I'm not very familiar with the name, but she was the inspiration for, among others, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Janis Joplin.

Hey, i'll settle for this one. She is definitely a prominent name in American music (even if I've never really heard of her)!

If Hope has died what Faith do we have left?

Disclaimer: Sorry Han if you had a twin thread (I couldn't find it!) and sorry for sounding like one of our alumni who post random BBC deaths but I just could resist a stoopid pun.

If Faith follows......will they try for Charity?

Exit MPFC, hastily closing the door, this act followed by a volley of missiles colliding with said door.

If Hope has died what Faith do we have left?

Disclaimer: Sorry Han if you had a twin thread (I couldn't find it!) and sorry for sounding like one of our alumni who post random BBC deaths but I just could resist a stoopid pun.

If Faith follows......will they try for Charity?

Exit MPFC, hastily closing the door, this act followed by a volley of missiles colliding with said door.

Whatever happened to Janet and Jill as names huh? They were on a hiding to nothing with those names. Callous rant over...

No link yet, but Radio 3 has just reported that opera star Richard van Allan has belted out his last aria.

Two Hollywood related deaths to report...

Nina Foch, a 1940s B-movie starlet who went on to supporting roles in several Hollywood blockbusters including Spartacus, An American in Paris, and The Ten Commandments, has died at the age of 84:

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-...,0,533502.story

Beverly Garland, another B-movie starlet (a reliable staple in the films of B-movie master Roger Corman) who went on to a solid career in film and television, has died at the age of 82.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ga...0,3405510.story

After a very slow November, we have just been hit with a deluge of celebrity deaths the first week of December. Nice to see the Grim Reaper finally woke up to claim some old souls... ;)

Paul Benedict, Odetta, Forrest J. Ackerman, Nina Foch, and Beverly Garland all in one week. Not bad, not bad.... :crossbone: