Guest ATS

Maggie Smith

Guest ATS

Suffering from breast cancer - 73 years old. Has had a tumour removed and now

undergoing chemotherapy. Friends say she is dealing with it in a brave,understated way

Reports suggest filming has been put back on her next project

Oh dear, what a shame as she is one of my favourite actresses of all time.

Straight drama or comedy she simply is above the crowd in my opinion.

Razor

Hopefully she will make a full recovery. Not somebody I had considered, just shows that nobody is safe from the grim reaper, though she appears a long way from death yet. One to watch though

Hopefully she will make a full recovery. Not somebody I had considered, just shows that nobody is safe from the grim reaper, though she appears a long way from death yet. One to watch though

Well, we have the worst rate for breast cancer cure in the whole of Europe, so don't count on a recovery ;)

I was surprised to see that one of Britain's most famous,  talented and respected actresses Maggie Smith didn't have her own thread especially as she is now in her eighties. 

Not only is she worthy of her own thread, but the fact she has noticeably started to slow down workwise, unlike say Judi Dench,  and how peaky and frail she looked when attending Wimbledon prompted me to feel it was time for her own thread. 

Such a distinguished talented lady. young-dame-maggie-smith-pictures-3-582f1

She doesn't have her own thread because she hasn't, AFAIK, had any issues which make her more vulnerable to the Reaper than anybody else of a similar age.

We could ram this forum with dozens of famous 70, 80 or 90 plus year olds but its pointless, impractical and a waste of time unless they have specific or generic issues that could see them more likely to be on a DL than others.

Maggie Smith is just an old lady.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She doesn't have her own thread because she hasn't, AFAIK, had any issues which make her more vulnerable to the Reaper than anybody else of a similar age.

We could ram this forum with dozens of famous 70, 80 or 90 plus year olds but its pointless, impractical and a waste of time unless they have specific or generic issues that could see them more likely to be on a DL than others.

Well I feel the time is right to start one  now as I think she looks quite frail. 

She's not just any old famous person she's an  A lister. 

I didn't think she looked peaky or frail.  She just looks her age.

Also she wasn't smiling in any of the pics I saw, I bet she looks much better with a smile. 

They were candid shots of someone concentrating, not posed photos.  Makes a big difference.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

Also she wasn't smiling in any of the pics I saw, I bet she looks much better with a smile. 

They were candid shots of someone concentrating, not posed photos.  Makes a big difference.

Well I obviously don't agree and none of your reasonable guesswork would explain why someone who has always spoken as if she will keep on acting and taking work until her "last breath" has now gone very quiet career wise unlike say her good pal Judi Dench. That points to possible ill health to me. 

Anyway a Maggie Smith thread now exists whether or not some other posters are in full agreement with it or not. 

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:
18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Well I obviously don't agree and none of your reasonable guesswork would explain why someone who has always spoken as if she will keep on acting and taking work until her "last breath" has now gone very quiet career wise unlike say her good pal Judi Dench. That points to possible ill health to me. 

Anyway a Maggie Smith thread now exists whether or not some other posters are in full agreement with it or not. 

Oooooooh!  You do sound cross.  :tantrum:

:lol:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oooooooh!  You do sound cross.  :tantrum:

:lol:

How so? . Because  I'm just explaining that there is a case for saying she deserves her own thread? Or because I don't pay much heed to people spending time telling others whether or not they should have started a thread? 

I may "sound" cross as you put it but people who excessively fret over whether others should start a thread or not strike me as sounding like  moaners and whingers. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Who is she?

A brilliant British acting legend and Oscar winner who has been very  famous for decades. 

7 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Who is she?

Winnie Mandela

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Winnie Mandela

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A brilliant British acting legend and Oscar winner who has been very  famous for decades. 

Not in my house. 

;) Winnie Mandela

Now she's another one who deserves her own thread if she hasn't already got one! Do you think I should start one? ^_^;):D

8 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Not in the Farm house I took.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She was diagnosed with cancer in 2008.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Prophet said:

She was diagnosed with cancer in 2008.

9 years ago.

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was surprised to see that one of Britain's most famous,  talented and respected actresses Maggie Smith didn't have her own thread especially as she is now in her eighties. 

As a matter of fact...

• Like 1