Vaagheid

Dead Screenwriters Society

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Screenwriter William Link, best known for co-writing a string of successful TV movies like The Gun, My Sweet Charlie, and That Certain Summer, died at 87 years:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/william-link-dead-co-creator-columbo-murder-she-wrote-1234662464/

Now he’s the missing Link.

I’ll get me coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is MASSIVE news ! William Link is one of the most iconic creators of some of the most famous tv shows in history ! Columbo alone makes him a God in my opinion ! what  a massive historic day this has turned out to be for  celeb deaths! Will it continue tomorrow and thursday..? https://deadline.com/2020/12/william-link-dead-co-creator-columbo-murder-she-wrote-1234662464/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

This is MASSIVE news ! William Link is one of the most iconic creators of some of the most famous tv shows in history ! Columbo alone makes him a God in my opinion ! what  a massive historic day this has turned out to be for  celeb deaths! Will it continue tomorrow and thursday..? https://deadline.com/2020/12/william-link-dead-co-creator-columbo-murder-she-wrote-1234662464/

WHOA CoffinLodger, Whoa!

Settle down some.  Two people does not A MASSIVE DAY make.

389D307B-01EE-4545-8D82-036C26DB08FC.jpeg

On 03/10/2020 at 12:11, ThePrematureBurial said:

Alan Arkin (1934) & Elaine May (1932) who played in "luv" on stage & screen are still working. 

I also noticed that Charles Grodin (1935) has stopped working three years ago. A possibility for 2021?

Charles Grodin? Yes.

Brian Clark (wiki), British playwright and screenwriter best known for Whose Life is it Anyway?dead at 89 from an aortic aneurysm.

Unpicked in the DDP, but mentioned by @YoungWillz a few times before.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Brian Clark (wiki), British playwright and screenwriter best known for Whose Life is it Anyway?dead at 89 from an aortic aneurysm.

Unpicked in the DDP, but mentioned by @YoungWillz a few times before.

Actually picked by me for 2020 I believe for the DDP, so Brian Clark is for the List of The Missed @msc.

• Like 2

American screenwriter Mayo Simon (b 1928) would be a good pick. As well as being a backwards Simon Mayo, he is also the father of Francesca Simon the world famous children's author (Horrid Henry).

He worked on Futureworld (1976), the sequel to the original Westworld.

• Like 1

Jonathan Reynolds, died at 79

Obituary

American screenwriter and author was known for his work on My stepmother is an alien (1988), Switching Channels (1988), Micki & Maude (1984) etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

British writer John Finch has died: https://johnfinch.com/john-finch-1925-2022/

One of the first freelance writers on Coronation Street, he devised and wrote for A Family At War and Flesh And Blood, and wrote for Capstick's Law.

According to this John Finch died on 13 February, one day after his 97th birthday: https://forgottentelevisiondrama.wordpress.com/2022/03/04/john-finch-1925-2022/

• Like 1

Leo Eaton - a British award-winning screenwriter and filmmaker who's written, produced, directed and executive produced TV factual series and specials for US and overseas broadcasters for more than four decades, dead at 76

Eaton Creative | The world is full of great stories. Our passion is to tell  them.

• Like 1

Bill Clark, British writer/director with a couple of feature films to his credit, has died aged 70, brain haemorrhage.

OIP.6d8kEPeFnuWXBDjgxu-g7AHaLI?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

(I've seen Starfish, light entertainment it is not!)

• Like 1

Gotta feel sorry for her, she was basically behind every hit drama ITV had for a decade and yet she's reduced to "person who launched James Corden's career" in the obits.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Gotta feel sorry for her, she was basically behind every hit drama ITV had for a decade and yet she's reduced to "person who launched James Corden's career" in the obits.

Wow, big statement.

Best remembered for her appearances on Loose Women. Band Of Gold, The Syndicate, Playing The Field...all pretty crap, anodyne, British pulp fiction for TV. Children's Ward might be her best work. :lol:

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Wow, big statement.

Best remembered for her appearances on Loose Women. Band Of Gold, The Syndicate, Playing The Field...all pretty crap, anodyne, British pulp fiction for TV. Children's Ward might be her best work. :lol:

I was just referencing Children's Ward in the other thread.

And tbf, how many Hit Dramas do ITV ever have these days? It's usually Netflix, or BBC/Channel 4, who produce the talked about shows. ITV is the home of afternoon quiz shows, reality TV and This Morning.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, msc said:

I was just referencing Children's Ward in the other thread.

And tbf, how many Hit Dramas do ITV ever have these days? It's usually Netflix, or BBC/Channel 4, who produce the talked about shows. ITV is the home of afternoon quiz shows, reality TV and This Morning.

Yeah, I mean ask yourself, what type of person has the box set of any of her shows? :lol:

Boys From The Blackstuff she ain't.

Never watched "Fat Friends" but I do remember the opening from flicking through the channels. They used The Perfect 10 by The Beautiful South as the theme.

Strikes me as one of those shows that every middle aged woman loved and found "hilarious" and "hysterical", even though it was totally shit. A bit like Miranda.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I mean ask yourself, what type of person has the box set of any of her shows? :lol:

Boys From The Blackstuff she ain't.

I can't remember if it was her or Lynda La Plante who made the "everyone I know has dated a serial killer" line in an interview about 20 years ago, because I laughed at that one. And I always mix those two up.

She's also the mother of actress Gaynor Faye, who used to be in Coronation Street and was killed off when she dropped dead while hanging out the washing.

I'm sure she's been in other things, but that's where I know her from.

• Like 1