hellkat

Hospitalised!

On 20/08/2023 at 15:37, arghton said:

Mikhail Marov, 90, one of Russia's most notable living astronomers, hospitalised, apparently after hearing about what happened with Luna-25, Russia's first moon mission in 47 years...

Mikhail Marov dead at 90.

How the hell didn't he have an English wiki page?

• Like 1

I was just going to post it. Doctors are "trying their best". 

On 30/03/2023 at 11:15, arghton said:

Lots of rumors on Nikolay Drozdov's health in Russian media, but he says he's doing fine.

Mexican actress Queta Lavat hospitalised with leg blood clot, but apparently recovering. 

Queta Lavat prematurely dead at 94.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, arghton said:

Malik Shabazz re-hospitalised due to "undiagnosed medical concerns".

The man died three times this year. I'm sure he'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread should be merged with the immortals thread.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 17/08/2023 at 09:22, gcreptile said:

Kate Beckinsale is in TEARS as her mother is hospitalised:

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/kate-beckinsale-tearful-selfie-mother-hospitalised-b1101107.html

As so often in the business, her mother is also an actress, and a likely QO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Loe

Kate Beckinsale is EVEN more in tears as her step-dad has two kinds of cancer and just had a stroke:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12833183/kate-beckinsale-caregiver-parents-health-battles.html

Her step-dad, as so often in this business, is also a notable director, Roy Battersby:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Battersby

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Kate Beckinsale is EVEN more in tears as her step-dad has two kinds of cancer and just had a stroke:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12833183/kate-beckinsale-caregiver-parents-health-battles.html

Her step-dad, as so often in this business, is also a notable director, Roy Battersby:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Battersby

Enough fame to class as notable for the DDP? 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Dude would probably QO from the BBC alone, other outlets I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 15:32, Lafaucheuse said:

French actor Pierre Arditi (b. 1944) hospitalized after a supposed stroke after he collapsed on stage of his current play yesterday evening 

Pierre Arditi collapsed on stage again this Friday night.

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Of course.

On 14/07/2023 at 20:21, arghton said:

Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir says that* also Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, Nazrul Islam Khan, Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and most importantly 91-year-old stroke survivor ex-acting president of Bangladesh Muhammad Jamiruddin Sircar are ill.

*I wouldn't trust MFIA at all, but I believe Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain is truly very ill. He's been treated for a stroke for a month now and also suffers from meningioma.

Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain hospitalised in ICU.

On 23/11/2023 at 13:24, arghton said:

Mitta suffering from fluid in lungs but apparently not in ICU. Still in "moderate condition", apparently heavy cognitive decline. 

Kostas Nestoridis dischargoridis.

Kostas Nestoridis deadoridis.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 02/12/2023 at 19:41, arghton said:

Alexander Mitta back in ICU with pneumonia

Alexander Mitta out of ICU.

Yury Solomin soon to be discharged.

Alexandra Pakhmutova out of danger and recovering, according to TASS.

Naina Yeltsina discharged and reports of ill health dismissed as "bullshit".

Oh, those Russians...

On 19/11/2023 at 23:37, arghton said:

Kostas Nestoridis was discharged some days ago, re-hospitalised yesterday due to "minor health issue" and now sedated in difficult conditions.

Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega discharged in good condition.

Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega  hospitalised for brain surgery.

Well, it's been a month since the last one, here's a new boring list of the currently hospitalised people. Most of these will make it to 2024.*

1) Alexander Mitta (1933) Hospitalised for a month, "yo-yoing" in and out of ICU with stroke, pneumonia (atleast two times), fluid in lungs. Currently out of ICU but suffering from severe cognitive decline. Discharged to 24/7 care at home.

2) Yury Solomin (1934) Four billion different ailments since and before an "unconscious condition" hospitalisation more than a month ago but still going to be discharged soon. Discharged, then DEAAADD!!

3) Lenita Airisto (1937) Seemingly hospitalised for months now, unable to comment since atleast September, vague rumors going around that she's in coma.

4) Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain (1946) In ICU, diagnosed with sphenoid wing meningiomas some months ago. (Means severe brain tumors in English)

5) Emir Nawaf (1937) Hospitalised for three weeks in "stable condition". DEAD

6) Pravrajika Amalaprana (ca. 1935) Indian hindu leader and Sri Sarada Math General Secretary, hospitalised in October and on dialysis since, back in ICU this month with unstable heart function. DEAD

7) Aleksandra Pakhmutova (1929) Pneumonia/heart attack/flu, "out of danger" Discharged.

8) Larisa Luzhina (1939) Alleged serious heart problems.

9) Beppe Grillo (1948) To be discharged tomorrow Discharged.

10) Zdeněk Zeman (1947) Stroke, but out of danger and to be discharged soon. Discharged as expected.

11) Stenio Garcia (1932) Viral gastroenteritis, anemia, collapse, on IV meds and "serotherapy" whatever that is. Completely lucid and looks 20 years younger in a video from the hospital. Discharged again.

12) Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega (1936) Blood clot in his brain apparently due to that very serious fall last month, to undergo brain surgery. Discharged of course.

13) K. Chandrashekar Rao (1954) Serious fall and broken hip, rumored suffering from some serious chronic disease for months but has undegone a succesful surgery and to be discharged tomorrow. Indian media describes him as "ailing" Discharged.

14) Lisandro Meza (1937) Critical conditions with cerebral ischemia and stroke, now slightly improving. DEAD

15) Theary Seng (1971) The "trust me, I'm totally dying" hospitalised hunger striker activist of the month award winner for December 2023. Discharged and back to prison.

*2025 if you put them on your lists.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, arghton said:

Well, it's been a month since the last one, here's a new boring list of the currently hospitalised people. Most of these will make it to 2024.*

1) Alexander Mitta (1933) Hospitalised for a month, "yo-yoing" in and out of ICU with stroke, pneumonia (atleast two times), fluid in lungs. Currently out of ICU but suffering from severe cognitive decline.

2) Yury Solomin (1934) Four billion different ailments since and before an "unconscious condition" hospitalisation more than a month ago but still going to be discharged soon.

3) Lenita Airisto (1937) Seemingly hospitalised for months now, unable to comment since atleast September, vague rumors going around that she's in coma.

4) Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain (1946) In ICU, diagnosed with sphenoid wing meningiomas some months ago. (Means severe brain tumors in English)

5) Emir Nawaf (1937) Hospitalised for three weeks in "stable condition".

6) Pravrajika Amalaprana (ca. 1935) Indian hindu leader and Sri Sarada Math General Secretary, hospitalised in October and on dialysis since, back in ICU this month with unstable heart function.

7) Aleksandra Pakhmutova (1929) Pneumonia/heart attack/flu, "out of danger"

8) Larisa Luzhina (1939) Alleged serious heart problems.

9) Beppe Grillo (1948) To be discharged tomorrow

10) Zdeněk Zeman (1947) Stroke, but out of danger and to be discharged soon.

11) Stenio Garcia (1932) Viral gastroenteritis, anemia, collapse, on IV meds and "serotherapy" whatever that is. Completely lucid and looks 20 years younger in a video from the hospital.

12) Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega (1936) Blood clot in his brain apparently due to that very serious fall last month, to undergo brain surgery.

13) K. Chandrashekar Rao (1954) Serious fall and broken hip, rumored suffering from some serious chronic disease for months but has undegone a succesful surgery and to be discharged tomorrow. Indian media describes him as "ailing"

14) Lisandro Meza (1937) Critical conditions with cerebral ischemia and stroke, now slightly improving.

15) Theary Seng (1971) The "trust me, I'm totally dying" hospitalised hunger striker of the month award winner for December 2023.

*2025 if you put them on your lists.

Grillo, Garcia and KCR all discharged. Pretty weak list this time, none of them seems to be in a serious condition.

Zeman discharged too.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2023 at 15:47, drol said:

Richard Stoute dead at 77.

Im not from Barbados (I know, I had many here fooled), so I’d be interested how they pronounce Stoute.  Because if this cat’s name was Dick Stoute (Stout), it’s one of the great names of all time.

• Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Im not from Barbados (I know, I had many here fooled), so I’d be interested how they pronounce Stoute.  Because if this cat’s name was Dick Stoute (Stout), it’s one of the great names of all time.

The UK-based racehorse trainer Sir Michael Stoute is from Barbados, and his name is pronounced /staʊt/ to rhyme with out.

• Like 1