hellkat

Hospitalised!

Most bizarre thing is how he got burned in hospital. 

• Like 1

Argentine sports journalist Jorge Lanata (wiki) unsurprisingly hospitalised with heart failure and UTI. Not the first time it happens.

Argentine singer La Mona Jiménez (wikiin ICU after stroke, bot not in danger according to his family. Already his second hospital stay this month.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2023 at 15:02, arghton said:

Jayanta Mahapatra... dead at 94?

One free spot for next year's immortals list, everyone!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, drol said:

Jayanta Mahapatra... dead at 94?

One free spot for next year's immortals list, everyone!

DDP pick as well.

Possible broadsheet obit in 5 weeks?

• Like 1

On 17/08/2023 at 19:50, arghton said:

Fausto Silva aka. Faustão, Brazilian tv presenter known from Domingão do Faustão, stable in ICU with heart failure

Faustao underwent heart transplant.

• Shocked 1

On 21/09/2021 at 22:24, arghton said:

Also here's a list of the first leaders of countries that gained independence when the Soviet Union collapsed (and before):

Fatos Nano (1952-) Prime Minister of Albania 1991, 1997-1998, 2002-2005.

Fatos Nano hospitalised, critically ill with lungs problems

• Like 2

On 11/05/2023 at 22:51, arghton said:

HD Kumaraswamy flown to Singapore "for checkups"

Lyudmila Porgina's (Russian actress and widow of actor, pool pick Nikolai Karachentsov) in hospital with a "head injury" according to Russian media and not her first hospitalisation in the last 6 months.

Indian Mollywood actor Harish Pengan hospitalised and critical with liver failure.

HD Kumaraswamy hospitalised again.

5 hours ago, drol said:

HD Kumaraswamy hospitalised again.

Stroke, they're saying he's either already out of danger or "haemodynamically stable". I wouldn't be suprised if this turned out to be more serious, isn't this is the guy who said Shivakumara Swami was "fully recovered" some days before the Swami died?

On 30/08/2023 at 13:37, arghton said:

Stroke, they're saying he's either already out of danger or "haemodynamically stable". I wouldn't be suprised if this turned out to be more serious, isn't this is the guy who said Shivakumara Swami was "fully recovered" some days before the Swami died?

HD Kumaraswamy "makes sudden and miracolous recovery" (this is for connoisseurs).

That means discharged.

French director and actor Mathieu Kassovitz hospitalised today after a motorcycle accident

His condition is said to be worrying

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/french-director-actor-mathieu-kassovitz-motorcycle-accident-1235581188/

5 minutes ago, Nyark76 said:

French director and actor Mathieu Kassovitz hospitalised today after a motorcycle accident

His condition is said to be worrying

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/french-director-actor-mathieu-kassovitz-motorcycle-accident-1235581188/

Never heard of him but I'm sure @Lafaucheuse is about to tell us that this will be breaking news on Le Monde if he dies.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Never heard of him but I'm sure @Lafaucheuse is about to tell us that this will be breaking news on Le Monde if he dies.

Of course it will, he’s one of the most prolific and aclaimed french screenwriter

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Things I wouldn't be proud of...

59 minutes ago, Sideik said:

Things I wouldn't be proud of...

Well I had a look at his Wiki before I posted that comment and saw he’s pretty prominent (41 foreign language Wiki pages), but I went through his entire credit list and I have only seen Amélie.

Popular cultural is subjective and I have to claim ignorance here. Maybe you “don’t think it’s something to be proud of” but I could probably do a better job than 95% of your average joes when it comes to naming ppl from popular music, cinema, television etc as well as individuals that “really” matter like world leaders and historical figures that shaped our world.

When Gaspard Ulliel died last year I was somewhat surprised that so many ppl didn’t know who he was. We all have our own fancies and niches that lie within a bubble. We then find it hard to conceive that those outside said bubble are unaware of the ppl who bring us so much joy. For example, I’m a massive fan of Takeshi Kitano and his films. Now he’s a pretty big worldwide personality (HUGE in Japan though), but poll his name on the streets of the UK and most ppl will pull blanks (unless you cheat of course and point out he was actually Takeshi in Takeshi’s Castle… though he was 90% edited out of the UK cut). I digress but never heard of him. Shoot me.

• Like 1

Probably not well known to 99% of people outside of France. Though btwn being the Director of "La Haine" one of the most acclaimed arthouse films of the 90's, and his role role as Audrey Tautou's love interest in Amelie. if he passes will get big obit wrtieups from the majority of big media outlets in the UK/US.

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Read it yourself it's two posts above :P

You really love being the acculturated one in the room :D I was just pointing out that just because you never heard of him it doesn't mean that he is just a niche character for french people. Glad you fancy Kitano movies, we can start a digression about cinema in the proper section but there was no need to rattle off your knowledge, I discovered many interesting personalities thanks to the forum and sometimes thanks to your work, take this opportunity to discover La Haine and appreciate the movies and the man behind them

• Like 1