hellkat

Hospitalised!

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

better protheses care in the NHS

If I were a betting man I'd bet £10 that his are from private docs...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Comped said:

If I were a betting man I'd bet £10 that his are from private docs...

His hand ones are. He said the ones on the NHS were rubbish, hence his interest. Think his leg ones are still NHS-provided.

Mackinlay welcomed back with standing ovation in chamber. Has always been a popular figure in Parliament across all the parties.

Looks well. Scored him off my lists.

Also not standing down at next election.

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Mackinlay welcomed back with standing ovation in chamber. Has always been a popular figure in Parliament across all the parties.

Looks well. Scored him off my lists.

Also not standing down at next election.

Only list he should be on is possible Tory losses at the election.  East Thanet is a Labour target which on current polls is winnable for Labour. 

Big bollywood name Shah Rukh Khan hospitalised with suspected heat stroke.

Kamal Huzaini "Huzz" Kamaludin, "renowned" Indonesian entertainment journalist hospitalised with stage four colorectal cancer.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Only list he should be on is possible Tory losses at the election.  East Thanet is a Labour target which on current polls is winnable for Labour. 

Complicated by the fact that Reform UK could stand Farage there. Though unlikely as 1) Farage and Mackinlay are friends (Mackinlay was even a UKIP leader before becoming a Tory MP), 2) I’ve been told Farage will be staging a comeback but he will stand in Clacton.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Lower chance he loses now, IMO. Not much, but the sympathy vote is a real thing.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

His hand ones are. He said the ones on the NHS were rubbish, hence his interest. Think his leg ones are still NHS-provided.

TBF the ones he described being given by the NHS docs were.. useless to say the least. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a private upgrade for his legs at some point.

17 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Complicated by the fact that Reform UK could stand Farage there. Though unlikely as 1) Farage and Mackinlay are friends (Mackinlay was even a UKIP leader before becoming a Tory MP), 2) I’ve been told Farage will be staging a comeback but he will stand in Clacton.

Well well well. Farage has announced that he’s *not* standing now. That’s good news for Labour more so than the Tories.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well well well. Farage has announced that he’s *not* standing now. That’s good news for Labour more so than the Tories.

Have Coutts said he will lose his deposit?

• Haha 1

8 reasons why Farage didn't stand as an MP:

1. Eastleigh '94
  2. Salisbury '97
  3. Bexhill and Battle '01
  4. South Thanet '05
  5. Bromley and Chislehurst '05
  6. Buckingham '10
  7. South Thanet '15
  8. Shit Useless '64-present
  • Like 1

Craig Mackinlay is now standing down as the election has come too soon in his recovery. Maybe he will get peerage post election? 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Craig Mackinlay is now standing down as the election has come too soon in his recovery. Maybe he will get peerage post election? 

Can't blame him. (Life) peerage may be a bit much though.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I mean he may get a peerage but I doubt that was his motivation in standing down.He is still recovering and knows he isn't strong enough to campaign yet.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I mean he may get a peerage but I doubt that was his motivation in standing down.He is still recovering and knows he isn't strong enough to campaign yet.

And he is, though I may be wrong, not even the first Tory to stand down for health reasons this election cycle...

On 16/05/2024 at 20:48, arghton said:

A week ago he was unable to talk and unable to respond, two days ago he was greatly improving and to be discharged soon, now there's prayer meetings being held again. They said earlier that his condition changes every day.

I think he'll last until next month, but his luck has to run out at some point soon.

EDIT: New update says he's been discharged, but will be back on Saturday for dialysis.

Jayapataka Swami has been on constant oxygen support for the last couple of days and will undergo surgery soon, but at the same time "he is gradually improving in each of his parameters day by day". Currently not in hospital, but that might change quickly.

• Haha 1

On 06/06/2023 at 11:52, arghton said:

Argentine footballer and manager Miguel Ángel López (Zurdo) who once coached Maradona, reportedly hospitalised. Health history includes "acute heart attack" a few years ago.

Miguel Ángel López (Zurdo) hospitalised, in ICU with lung infection.

Colombian footballer and manager Pedro Sarmiento hospitalised with acute polycythemia.

Danilo Carrera Drouet, Ecuador's "great godfather of corruption", hospitalised with heart problems.

Last and least, Roberto Lückert León, perennially ailing Venezuelan bishop hospitalised with heart and lung failure.

• Like 2

On 14/05/2024 at 17:40, arghton said:

Ivan Krasko hospitalised in ICU but apparently already either out of ICU or discharged.

From what I understand, he was going to open a football game, but fell while trying to kick the ball and his pacemaker got damaged.

Edit: Already discharged. Also, he is dating one of his nurses again.

On 25/03/2024 at 08:12, arghton said:

Yuriko significantly improving (again) despite the fact that she seemingly suffered another stroke a week ago. To resume rehabilitation today. 

Update on Yuriko for her 101st birthday: still in hospital, "stable and rehabilitating", but "unable to eat or drink". One of the original Immortals, she is a little bit overdue at this point.

Antonio Gasalla discharged again, of course.

Mayor of Genoa Marco Bucci received surgery for skin cancer which metastasized to the lymphatic system. The prognosis seems to be good anyway.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 22:05, arghton said:

There's some rumors online that "Mexico's Epstein" Jean Succar Kuri is in hospital with a heart ailment. True or not he's said to suffer from prostate cancer, kidney failure and heart problems and some of the images circulating remind me of Robert Durst in his last year.

Jean Succar Kuri, "Mexico's Epstein" hospitalised in serious condition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arghton said:

Jean Succar Kuri, "Mexico's Epstein" hospitalised in serious condition.

I saw this but the timing is a bit suspicious.

On 22/05/2024 at 16:59, arghton said:

Big bollywood name Shah Rukh Khan hospitalised with suspected heat stroke.

Kamal Huzaini "Huzz" Kamaludin, "renowned" Indonesian entertainment journalist hospitalised with stage four colorectal cancer.

Huzz Kamaludin dead at 58.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, arghton said:

While they're not current picks, I'd add Mongo McMichael and Jayapataka Swami to the group. Coincidentally both of them seemed near death in August last year (Mongo with his ALS, sepsis and pneumonia, Jaya with kidney failure and pulmonary edema) and then again earlier this year. Two medical miracles of the highest order, it makes zero sense to me how they've survived those hospitalisations when similar stuff kills people who are decades younger and in much better health.

Coincidentally, Jayapataka hospitalised a few hours ago with fluid buildup in the lungs and abdomen. On constant oxygen support and undergoing thoracentesis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1