Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

2009 DDP

Guest Scream

But wouldn't it be more probable that you are contacted by an Australian author instead of a Italian opera singer? Alfonso might not even speak English.

Well, it's all excitement at DDP Towers as one of the selected candidates (no, not me) has sent a very, very nice e-mail to say they're not as ill as rumoured, can I please remove them from the site & let people know, as apparently it's hurting their career prospects by people seeing the information from a Google search.

And no, it's not Jade Goody. :rolleyes:

I have agreed to remove them from the main site, but I will keep them on as a candidate this year technically.

All to be revealed Thursday, but it's not good news for two of the DL's fratenity and 6 teams all in all.

So freedom of speech does not extend to the internet then? Why should you have to remove a name, I am sure there are many candidates that are not ill just picked on a wishful thinking basis. Can you verify the authenticity of the email?

Even if it's authentic, removing someone like that is setting a precedent. They might walk under a bus tomorrow. If something has been written about the individual that's not true that's another matter, but you could still leave the name and biog. There was nothing wrong with Steve Irwin until a sting ray hurt his career prospects.

I would publish his/her rebuttal then it's all out in the open.

Even if it's authentic, removing someone like that is setting a precedent. They might walk under a bus tomorrow. If something has been written about the individual that's not true that's another matter, but you could still leave the name and biog. There was nothing wrong with Steve Irwin until a sting ray hurt his career prospects.

I would publish his/her rebuttal then it's all out in the open.

It is authentic - I've checked the e-mail address and it all links up.

Fair points, actually.

What I'll probably do, on reflection, is simply change the bio - in fact, if I keep them on but change the bio to say that they are, in fact, very well indeed, it might help their career prospects. Once it's public, I doubt they'll be chosen in future anyway.

Monoclinic - if the site is giving false information about someone (even though DDP was not at fault), and they want it corrected, then that's fair enough. I wouldn't remove someone simply because they're healthy & objected to being on a DP.

Said celeb obviously isn't that media savvy. This could be a win/win if s/he spins a story saying

XXXX XXXXXX: 'I'm fine and working hard.'

XXXX XXXX has blasted a web site for speculating on his/her death..........etc etc.

Give me their e-mail and I'll knock them up a suitable press-pack, for a fee, obviously!

Hell Keith Richards reacted when DL removed him, and everyone was a winner.

I was looking to book a pianist with cancer for an upcoming Jade Goody benefit gig I'm organising.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to look for someone else now.

Well, it's all excitement at DDP Towers as one of the selected candidates (no, not me) has sent a very, very nice e-mail to say they're not as ill as rumoured, can I please remove them from the site & let people know, as apparently it's hurting their career prospects by people seeing the information from a Google search.

All to be revealed Thursday,

Seeing as Thursday and been and gone, who was it?

(PS - joint third and joint fifth in the DDP - not bad eh?)

Current Standings

1. Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now - 59 (6)

2. The Living End - 54 (4)

3. No Noose Is Good Noose - 48 (4)

4. Now That's What I Call SIGNIFICANT 2009 - 40 (4)

4. Are You Still Dying Darling? - 40 (3)

6. Brown Banana's - 37 (5)

6. Madonna's Hand Of Bod - 37 (4)

8. Stiff & the Tears - 36 (3)

9. It Tolls For Thee - 35 (5)

10. Valley of Death - 34 (3)

Player of the Month: No Noose Is Good Noose - 28pts

Honorable mention for Vinegar Tits, who has two teams in the top 10 and won the Jade Goody sweepstake...:rolleyes:

Current Standings

1. Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now - 66 (7)

2. No Noose Is Good Noose - 55 (5)

3. The Living End - 54 (4)

4. Now That's What I Call SIGNIFICANT 2009 - 40 (4)

4. Are You Still Dying Darling? - 40 (3)

6. Brown Banana's - 37 (5)

6. Madonna's Hand Of Bod - 37 (4)

8. How Much For Those Stem Cells? - 36 (4)

8. Stiff & the Tears 36 (3)

10. It Tolls For Thee - 35 (5)

Player of the Month: Croaker De'Ath And The Prognosticators - 13 pts (which tells it's own story...)

Apologies for not having updated the site for Cundy & Kirkup - time has just run away from me lately. I'll do it tomorrow - because I have to as I will be off to Norway for a week due to work & want to get a fair bit done before I go away.

Also want to try & get the inane analysis done, but I think that'll be done when I'm back.

Apologies for not having updated the site for Cundy & Kirkup - time has just run away from me lately. I'll do it tomorrow - because I have to as I will be off to Norway for a week due to work & want to get a fair bit done before I go away.

Also want to try & get the inane analysis done, but I think that'll be done when I'm back.

Well I hope you have a very enjoyable and productive trip to Norway. (This message was brought to you by the new cuddly and friendly Tempus Fugit)

This is a joke, yes?

Probably, but rule nowt out.

May you live in interesting times, or summat.

Current Standings

(at the half-way mark)

1. Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now - 66 (7)

2. Now That's What I Call SIGNIFICANT 2009 - 62 (6)

3. Impaled On The Antlers Of Doom - 57 (4)

4. No Noose Is Good Noose - 55 (5)

5. The Living End - 54 (4)

6. Clathrate Gun - 53 (4)

7. The Last Gasp - 47 (5)

8. Are You Still Dying Darling? - 43 (4)

9. It Tolls For Thee - 41 (6)

9. R.I.P. It Up And Start Again - 41 (5)

Player of the Month: Now That's What I Call SIGNIFICANT 2009 - 22pts

Scoring has been steadier this year so far than last. I have a feeling there will more fireworks to come in the second half of the year.

Watch this space, If Jacko can snuff it, anyone can...

Both the main team and my personal team are on 43 points, and now my flipping sister's team (who, like my personal team, has a Siouxsie And The Banshees related name) is also on 43 points! This is going to be a real personal battle... :banghead:

Not that I mean to be a moaning Minnie, but is anyone else receiving duplicate emails from the DDP?

(Not that I mind. A fuller inbox makes me feel popular)

Not that I mean to be a moaning Minnie, but is anyone else receiving duplicate emails from the DDP?

Sorry Windsor, that was my error - I sent two by mistake last night. I would like to call it a "glitch" but it was human error....... :ph34r:

I've heard Jordan say that....

..coat!

Guest Guest

All of the current top 10 picked Bobby Robson :skull:

All of the current top 10 picked Bobby Robson :rolleyes:

So unless one of them had jokers, it won't make any significant difference...

Now that's what I call SIGNIFICANT 2009 is steaming with two big scoring calls on Jade Goody and Michael Jackson. First time too. A deathlister by any chance?

Guest Significant Other
Now that's what I call SIGNIFICANT 2009 is steaming with two big scoring calls on Jade Goody and Michael Jackson. First time too. A deathlister by any chance?

Well, what do you think! :bat:

Well, what do you think! :bat:

They might be one of those silent lurkers, or perhaps a dual personality.

Could be St Peter, he'd have insider knowledge being The Gatekeeper and all.