Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

2009 DDP

<---- my team for DDP is finally in.

By all accounts I've had a poor year in 2008.

Heaven only knows how my 2009 team will turn out!

Looking forward to seeing all the team line-ups.

Your bad year are very many peoples best year. Good Luck!

Okay, my team is racked up and ready to roll. Here it is:

The End Of The World As We Know It

Vasily Aleksanyan

Edward Kennedy

Corazon Aquino

Patrick Swayze (Joker)

Fidel Castro

Robert Novak

Ariel Sharon

Barbara Kent

Isabel Peron

Helmut Schmidt

Elizabeth Taylor

Billy Graham

Mary Carlisle (Actress born 1912)

Annette Funnicello

Albert Hamilton Gordon

Susan Atkins

Bobby Robson

Wojciech Jaruzelski

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Barbara Streisand

Here is my 2009 DDP entry

Team: Meet Your Maker

• Joanne Evans (Joker)
  • Patrick Swayze
  • Wendy Richard
  • Eleanor Mondale
  • Patrick Manning
  • Paul Birch
  • Sir Dai Llewellyn
  • Rev Ian Cundy
  • Zeljko Sturanovic
  • Sir Bobby Robson
  • Archbishop Desmond Tutu
  • Fidel Castro
  • Sayyed Abdul Aziz al-Hakim
  • Yitzhak Shamir
  • Patricia Dunn
  • Dominick Dunne
  • Susan Atkins
  • Robert Novak
  • Linda Uttley
  • Senator Edward Kennedy

Sub: Tony Hart

Good luck to all the teams

Regards,

ff :old:

Nice list as always FF... I'm a bit worried that Dunne won't make the obit, but what do I know?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but I can't find anything on Joanne Evans. Who is she?

Here's my team for 2009.

THE LIVING END

Ken Jones (Founder of National Seal Sanctuary)

Patricia C Dunn

Eluana Englaro *Joker*

Edwin Morgan

Sir Bobby Robson

Linda Uttley

Alex Higgins

Patriarch Pavle of Serbia

Paul Birch

Patrick Swayze

Vasily Aleksanyan

George Kimball

Wendy Richard

David Hart

Sir Dai Llewellyn

Robert Novak

Suzan Atkins

Abu Ayyub Al Masri

Jose Alencar

Edward Kennedy

I'm eager to announce that Master Mind 2009 was entered a few days ago. I stand very confident in my teams performance and I'm aiming at my first DDP championship. I would also be the first modern American to win the competition. I'm anticipating the quality in other teams that my rivals have created and I look forward to seeing what they got.

I think past winners Fallen Sparrow and the late MT Graves were "modern Americans".

I'm pretty sure Otis, You want a treat? was American too. I think you're the first British winner since deathlist.net in 2004

Hi,

Just got back from NY celebrations/stay-over - I've got 150 teams to sort out today, so RA, Deathlist, TMIB, MPFC - I'll be as quick as I can with the submissions.

Some very interesting teams, I must admit...

I wish all of my opponents the best of luck. Now let's have the raffles of the dead roll...

Master Mind

Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi

Corazon Aquino

Susan Atkins

Paul Birch

Right Rev Ian Cundy

Dominick Dunne

Senator Edward Kennedy

Dai Llewellyn

Edwin Morgan

Robert Novak

Patriarch Pavle

Wendy Richard

Sir Bobby Robson

King Sihanouk

Yitzhak Shamir

Ariel Sharon

Zeljko Sturanovic

Patrick Swayze (Joker)

Linda Uttley

Sir Norman Wisdom

Nice list as always FF... I'm a bit worried that Dunne won't make the obit, but what do I know?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but I can't find anything on Joanne Evans. Who is she?

Joanne Evans is a young British woman (age 24) who is reported to be terminally ill with inoperperable cancer and a prognosis of only having weeks to live. She is definitely in the famous for being sick category, but I thought that she was one of those low hanging fruits worthy of a try. Here is the link to her story

Joanne Evans is a young British woman (age 24) who is reported to be terminally ill with inoperperable cancer and a prognosis of only having weeks to live. She is definitely in the famous for being sick category, but I thought that she was one of those low hanging fruits worthy of a try. Here is the link to her story

It was initially my suggestion back in October and she's as obscure as it gets. I labeled her as valuable at the time but it didn't take very long for that story to fade away. It's a gamble with a cost. It's 27 if it works out and I'm hoping she turns out to be a weapon in my favour... Good Luck.

Too low hanging, but I suppose you've got a championship to win back FF...

Congratulations to DevonDeathTrip (AKA The Living End) for his fine win.

Handrejka: That Suzman dying a day late was a pisser...

I'm not posting my team yet until confirmation, but do I do it here or in the special thread devoted to such things on the main forum?

I'm not posting my team yet until confirmation, but do I do it here or in the special thread devoted to such things on the main forum?

Post it where you like. Live dangerously.

Post it where you like. Live dangerously.

I will Windsor...

They're Dead, Y'Know!

Corazon Aquino

Susan Atkins

Richard Attenborough

Stefano Borgonovo

Rev Ian Cundy

Dick Dale

Annette Funicello

Silvio Gazzaniga

David Hart

Steve Jobs

Edward Kennedy

Dai Llewellyn

Iain McColl

Ralph McQuarrie

Robert Novak

Kenneth Pitt

Sir Bobby Robson

Patrick Swayze (Joker)

Linda Uttley

Sir Norman Wisdom

Good luck everybody...

Iain McColl

Pishflaps!

Thought he might be a unique pick for my team.

I don't actually know how ill he is. Last news I had on him there was a warrant for his arrest after he failed to appear in court.

Iain McColl

Pishflaps!

I don't actually know how ill he is. Last news I had on him there was a warrant for his arrest after he failed to appear in court.

That's the second time I've shat on someone's hopes tonight! (DDT thought he'd have David Hart all to himself)

Let battle commence...:unsure:

Iain McColl

Pishflaps!

He'll survive Winnie, dyed in the wool 'weegie' alcoholic actor, it's a bit of a cliché, but I'd be very surprised if he goes this year, people like him defy death, unless you are talking about another 'Iain McColl' :unsure: .

Iain McColl

Pishflaps!

He'll survive Winnie, dyed in the wool 'weegie' alcoholic actor, it's a bit of a cliche, but I'd be very surprised if he goes this year, people like him defy death, unless you are talking about another 'Iain McColl' :unsure: .

I'm on about the comedian guy (Rab C Nesbit fame). He has some sort of cancer.

It could be that he is following the trend of Pinochet (although his charges are not quite as bad as mass murder).

Iain McColl

Pishflaps!

He'll survive Winnie, dyed in the wool 'weegie' alcoholic actor, it's a bit of a cliche, but I'd be very surprised if he goes this year, people like him defy death, unless you are talking about another 'Iain McColl' :unsure: .

I'm on about the comedian guy (Rab C Nesbit fame). He has some sort of cancer.

It could be that he is following the trend of Pinochet (although his charges are not quite as bad as mass murder).

Yep same guy I was thinking of, also did 'City Lights', 'Hamish McBeth' and appeared in the TV adaptation of Iain Banks's 'The Crow Road' he is a familiar face in a lot of BBC Scotland productions, mostly the ones by the comedy unit, but I don't think he will go this year, may be a better bet for 2010 0r 2011?

If anyone wants a sneak preview of this year's competitions - the scores, teams, who's dead & celeb pages are up:

HOWEVER:

Due to a submission problem, there are still around 40 or so teams who are to be added on at the next update.

A lot of the 2008/2009 crossover needs finishing, the front page needs changing & the team placings need confirming & changing too.

Time is at a premium between now & Tuesday, but I will endeavour, having got this far, to finish off the whole initial process on Tuesday, and then it's onto pics/hyperlinks/bios the usual...

If anyone wants a sneak preview of this year's competitions - the scores, teams, who's dead & celeb pages are up:

Excellent. I was hoping that it would be up and running by my birthday. I thank you for your efforts, Mr. Odstock.

Your a good man.

Excellent. I was hoping that it would be up and running by my birthday. I thank you for your efforts, Mr. Odstock.

Your a good man.

I plan on entering a list next year. Didn't get around to doing one last year.

Also very handy to give me some ideas for this coming Saturday's draft.

I wonder who Armitage Shanks will have as the favourite for this most particular of races.

Over to you Harry... :party:

Kirk Douglas. Will we recognise the personal pick when we see it or will you let us know when all teams are in?

Well, the pick is unique, so I better keep shtum for now. But yes, you will recognise the name :party:

They've not picked you have they?

They bloody well have. Genius.

Guest Guest
I wonder who Armitage Shanks will have as the favourite for this most particular of races.

Well well well Mr Black, I'm afraid I must refer you to my previous thoughts on the matter of gambling on a poor fellow's life. However, it appears that I was on to a winner when suggesting Mr End might triumph in 2008. I hope you all waded in at your local Ladbrokes.

Not wanting to put the mockers on anyone I shall refrain from a selection this time, but good luck to you all in your bloodthirsty pursuit.

A bientot,

AP Shanks.

q705123677_2731.jpg

Well well well Mr Black, I'm afraid I must refer you to my previous thoughts on the matter of gambling on a poor fellow's life. However, it appears that I was on to a winner when suggesting Mr End might triumph in 2008. I hope you all waded in at your local Ladbrokes.

Not wanting to put the mockers on anyone I shall refrain from a selection this time, but good luck to you all in your bloodthirsty pursuit.

A bientot,

AP Shanks.

q705123677_2731.jpg

Good call Armie!

Well, if I was a bookie, The Living End would have to be the favourite, followed by Meet Your Maker.

Godot (in his new moniker), Master Mind and Wormer are contenders...

Stick your bundle on They're Dead Y'Know at 10/1, particularly if Dick Dale is confirmed as a unique...:)