Razor Boy

Steve Jobs

Maybe he choked on one of his tablets.

They say your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.

Unfortunately for Steve Jobs, he hadn't got a Flash player installed.

• Like 1

I knew Jobs would get a bit of coverage BUT pass the sick bag !

The man was good at marketing but the products are under spec'ed and over priced. A triumph of spin over common sense.

Just think of all those hipsters crying into their skinny lattes their world is at an end.

Spleen vented.

Razor

I knew Jobs would get a bit of coverage BUT pass the sick bag !

The man was good at marketing but the products are under spec'ed and over priced. A triumph of spin over common sense.

Just think of all those hipsters crying into their skinny lattes their world is at an end.

Spleen vented.

Razor

The man was a Buddhist, apparently. Your spleen may return as bad karma!

I can't help but think people are over-reacting to his death - particularly on facebook.

Within about 10 minutes of his death being announced, one of my 'friends' had changed his status to "RIP Steve Jobs", joined an "RIP Steve Jobs" group, and changed his profile picture to a black and white photo of Steve Jobs with writing in the background "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".

Anybody would think he knew the guy...

Well, according to the hyperbole on the once-staid ABC, he was the "Da Vinci of our time": http://blogs.abc.net.au/drumroll/2011/10/s...ns-in-life.html

:(

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash

I can't help but think people are over-reacting to his death - particularly on facebook.

Within about 10 minutes of his death being announced, one of my 'friends' had changed his status to "RIP Steve Jobs", joined an "RIP Steve Jobs" group, and changed his profile picture to a black and white photo of Steve Jobs with writing in the background "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".

Anybody would think he knew the guy...

Well, according to the hyperbole on the once-staid ABC, he was the "Da Vinci of our time": http://blogs.abc.net.au/drumroll/2011/10/s...ns-in-life.html

:(

Actually, I take it back. The ABC have corrected their ways by publishing a decent article on the cult of personality the tosser built around himself while remaining a ruthless bastard behind the scenes: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/3318250.html

• Like 1

The Westboro Baptist Church plan to picket his funeral.

I suppose it means that Jobs has lived a full and godless life. No atheist's funeral is complete without them.

Unfortunately they don't do overseas pickets, so mine will have to do without them. Oh well.

regards,

Hein

I suppose it means that Jobs has lived a full and godless life. No atheist's funeral is complete without them.

Unfortunately, they don't do overseas pickets, so mine will have to do without them. Oh well.

regards,

Hein

They wouldn't be able to picket mine because they're not allowed in the UK.

They wanted to come to Aberdeen, but the Home Secretary denied them entry to the country.

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash

I'm stealing this one :(

Unfortunately, they don't do overseas pickets, so mine will have to do without them. Oh well.

regards,

Hein

They wouldn't be able to picket mine because they're not allowed in the UK.

They wanted to come to Aberdeen, but the Home Secretary denied them entry to the country.

This is the bit I like "Westboro will picket his funeral. He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin." In a subsequent tweet, Phelps wrote of Jobs: "No peace for man who served self, not God." All this was sent to the twittersphere using....... an iPhone

So he served himself, but they were happy to buy his product to support the cause

314082_2545653884454_1346992344_33053584_1422654060_n.jpg

It was nice of Blackberry to honour Steve Jobs with three days of silence.

Rev. Robert Palladino, the monk who imbued Steve Jobs with the love of typography--so key to Apple's success--died February 26, aged 83.

After leaving the monestary, Palladino began teaching calligraphy. One of Reed’s most famous students, although perhaps better known as a dropout, was Apple founder Steve Jobs.

For years afterwards, Jobs would credit Fr. Palladino with not only encouraging him to package the original Apple computers with a variety of elegant fonts, a then-revolutionary concept, but also with his fascination with design that allowed the burgeoning computer company to stand out from the crowd and bring their products to a wider market.

SirC

A small group of Steve Jobs’ family, friends and former colleagues have collected his bits of wisdom into “Make Something Wonderful: Steve Jobs in his own words,available free to the public online starting on April 11. Somewhere between a posthumous memoir and a scrapbook album, it is told through notes and drafts Jobs emailed to himself, excerpts of letters and speeches, oral histories and interviews, photos and mementos.

SC

• Like 2