Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Can someone tell me how to upload an avatar?

And I guess this is my finalized list of suggestions. Could I get some feedback?:

-Dick Clark (Born 1929)

An American TV Personality

Weakened by previous stroke

-Kelsey Grammer (Born 1955)

American Actor ('Cheers', 'Frasier', 'The Simpsons')

Troubled life, stress, several family members murdered on different occasions, recent heart attack

-David Hasselhoff (Born 1952)

American Actor ('Knight Rider', 'Baywatch')

Known for alcoholism

-Don Imus (Born 1940)

American Radio Host

Diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer in early 2009, stress of multiple lawsuits and controversies

-Andrew Lloyd Webber (Born 1948)

English Composer

Prostate Cancer

-Jenn Lyon (Born 1972)

'Survivor' Contestant

Stage 4 Breast Cancer

All excellent suggestions...none will be on the 2010 list. Try 100+ perfectly healthy people or pancreatic cancer people for this list.

Guest Guest_psq43_*

That'll be a no then!

Probably won't get a UK Obit but for anyone in a Usa based deathpool I would suggest Peggy Rea(Long working Charecter actress with her most prominent recent roles on Dukes Of Hazzard,Step By Step and Grace Under Fire.)

She turns 89 in March. This portly rotund Actress has been confined to a wheelchair most of this decade and hasn't appeared in public in years and hasn't worked on tv for nearly 11 years.

Gene Barry - American actor, suffered a heart attack in 2009, the same year he is to turn 90.

Gene Barry died on the 9th of December 2009. So his name should be deleted as well.

Gene Barry - American actor, suffered a heart attack in 2009, the same year he is to turn 90.

Gene Barry died on the 9th of December 2009. So his name should be deleted as well.

Removed, along with Vitaly Ginzburg and Samak Sundaravej, who died in November. I also removed a couple names of that had been previously discussed as healthy, as well as Maggie Smith who has beaten breast cancer. The only other big health update was Tuli Kupferberg, who is nearly blind and required 24-hour care.

Now that I've done that, I'll be updating this list with new suggestions throughout the day and I'll note my progress in this post. Apparently I'm starting all the way at August 23...

Edit: Now done. Today or tomorrow I'll put up the yearly "four categories" list for everyone to discuss/comment on.

Removed, along with Vitaly Ginzburg and Samak Sundaravej, who died in November. I also removed a couple names of that had been previously discussed as healthy, as well as Maggie Smith who has beaten breast cancer. The only other big health update was Tuli Kupferberg, who is nearly blind and required 24-hour care.

Now that I've done that, I'll be updating this list with new suggestions throughout the day and I'll note my progress in this post. Apparently I'm starting all the way at August 23...

Edit: Now done. Today or tomorrow I'll put up the yearly "four categories" list for everyone to discuss/comment on.

You are doing God's work (literally)

Guest Florian

Some suggestions for candidates outside the UK or US:

Johannes Heesters (Dutch actor, famous Nazi collaborator). He is seriously old (106) and apparently blind, somewhat deaf and incoherent in his actions.

Helmut Kohl (German chancellor) had a bad fall last year and appears confused and wheelchairbound (albeit he is still young).

Here we go for this year. The following people and their illnesses/frailties are listed in full detail in the first post of this thread. To allow for ease of review by the DL committee, I have divided them into four categories and left only their names. More information can be found in the first post. Anyone's free to yell and scream at me to move people around, as it's all very subjective. Also, "questionable fame" does not mean that I think the person isn't "famous". Rather, it corresponds to whether or not I think the person will get a proper UK obit.

For reference, two days short of a year from the last list:

10 of 29 (Birch, Hopper, Eunice and Edward Kennedy, Novak, Pavle, Richard, Robson, Swayze, Tsien) from Famous Enough and Sick Enough are dead and all got suitable DDP/DL obits.

12 of 115 (Blackham, Dean, Fawcett, Ginzburg, Goody, Ludovic Kennedy, Levi-Strauss, Llewellyn, Mortimer, Roberts, Sundaravej, Upward) from Famous Enough but Risky are dead. I believe that all got suitable DDP/DL obits... not sure about Blackham...

6 of 35 (Atkins, Dunne, Ejercito, Frenzel, Krulak, Xianlin) from Questionable Fame but Sick Enough are dead. Frenzel was already long dead, which speaks to his fame, and I think that of the others, only Atkins and Dunne got the obits.

7 of 44 (Ayala, Clijsters, Keel, Knoxall, Seals, Sutton, Triola) from Questionable Fame and Risky are dead. I think about half got obits... Knoxall certainly did not.

So with all that, here's my analysis for next year:

Famous Enough and Sick Enough:

Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi

José Alencar

Muhammad Ali

Ronnie Biggs

Jane Campbell, Baroness Campbell of Surbiton

Basil D'Oliveira

Peter Falk

Laurent Fignon

Michael Foot (maybe not sick enough, but who can risk missing out on the obvious tagline here???)

Betty Ford

David Hart

Ernie Harwell

Stephen Hawking

Johannes Heesters

Raymond Hewlett

Dennis Hopper

Ray Kennedy

Jack Kyle

Peter MacBeth

Simon MacCorkindale

Edwin Morgan

Roy Morrison

Donald Neilson

Nancy Reagan

Yitzhak Shamir

Ariel Sharon

Sargent Shriver

Mike Soper

Adolfo Suarez

Margaret Thatcher (maybe not as sick as most, but certainly wouldn't be a good one to miss)

Abigail Van Buren

Nicholas Winton

Norman Wisdom

Famous Enough but Risky:

Steven Adler

Paul Allen

Patty Andrews

Shoko Asahara

Richard Attenborough

HRH Jean Benoit Guillaume Robert Antoine Louis Marie Adolphe Marc d'Aviano

Seve Ballesteros

Bob Barker

Martin Bashir

Captain Beefheart

Melissa Bell

Jean-Paul Belmondo

Nursat Bhutto

Lionel Blue

Ian Brady

Algirdas Brazauskas

Asa Briggs

Ivor Broadis

Elliott Carter

Fidel Castro

Frederick Chiluba

Jacques Chirac

Ronald Coase

Winston Churchill

Natalie Cole

Robbie Coltrane

Don Cornelius

Liz Dawn

Del Deanus

John Demjanjuk

Phyllis Diller

Ronnie James Dio

Fats Domino

Kirk Douglas

Roy Douglas

Duke of Wellington

Roger Ebert

Blake Edwards

John Edrich

Eddie Fisher

Andy Fordham

Annette Funicello

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Seán Garland

Terri Garr

Paul Gascoigne

Vo Nguyen Giap

Miep Gies

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Billy Graham

Bryant Gumbel

Larry Hagman

Johnny Hallyday

Abu Hamza al-Muhajir

David Hasselhoff

Václav Havel

João Havelange

Alex Higgins

Lena Horne

Ian Huntley

Alan Igglesden

Ronald Isley

Warren Jeffs

Frank Kelly

Moss Keane

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Abdul Qadeer Khan

Edgar Ray Killen

B.B. King

Jack Klugman

Girija Prasad Koirala

Bruce Langhorne

Ian Lavender

Jerry Lewis

Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland

Greg Louganis

Bernard Lovell

Simon Mann

Ian McCartney

Mitch Miller

Dom Mintoff

Rita Levi Montalcini

Patrick Moore

Robert Mugabe

Pervez Musharraf

Oscar Niemeyer

Roger Norrington

Teodoro Obiang Nguema

Isabel Peron

Chapman Pincer

Rosemary Pitman

Terry Pratchett

Erich Priebke

Tul Bahadur Pun

Peter Quaife

Luise Rainer

Lisa Ray

Arthur Robinson

Dora Jessie Saint

Angela Scoular

Edward Short, Baron Glenamara

Than Shwe

Vincent Siew

King Norodom Sihanouk

Karen Sinclair

Cyril Smith

Liz Smith

Sonique

Arlen Specter

George Steinbrenner

Mel Sterland

Gloria Stuart

Zeljko Sturanovic

Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud

Charles Taylor

Elizabeth Taylor

Jeremy Thorpe

Maura Tierney

Zdravko Tolimir

Peter Tork

Roy Ward Baker

Kurt Westergaard

Gough Whitlam

Maurice Vincent Wilkes

Robin Williams

Willard Wirtz

Questionable Fame but Sick Enough:

Vasily Aleksanyan

Al Anderson

Philip Berg

Isaac Bonewits

Philip Carlo

Mick Cocks

Gene Colan

Leila Denmark

Angus Douglas-Hamilton, 15th Duke of Hamilton

Sara Douglass

Melvin Dummar

Patricia Dunn

Lady Fiona, The Countess Of The Arran Islands

Charles E. Friedgood

Daniel Geiges

Rose Gray

Mark Halsey

Hazel Hawke

Derryn Hinch

Dolores Hope

Ferlin Husky

George Kimball

Tuli Kupferberg

Jenn Lyon

David Marshall

Ann Maxwell

Ndaye Mulamba

Vice Marshal Jo Myong-rok

David Piper

Paul Quarrington

Jack Ramsay

Charles Sabine

Ron Santo

Leonard Skinner

Nyanasamvara Suvaddhana

Kevin White

Chris Woodhead

Ethan Zohn

Questionable Fame and Risky:

Martin Allen

Frances Bay

Judith Binney

Stefano Borgonovo

Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo

Nuon Chea

Jack Chick

Joe Cook

Mike Craig

Jay Dobyns

James Joseph Dresnok

Peter Dula

Devi Dura

Wayne Dyer

Doug Fieger

Dale Griffin

Rob Grill

Irving Kanarek

Barbara Kent

Jim Koerber

Paul Kraus

Scott LeDoux

Marshall Lytle

Emilio Eduardo Massera

Shih Ming-te

Berniece Baker Miracle

Fehmi Naji

Roy Neuberger

Abdullah Öcalan

Hiroo Onoda

Barry Penner

Sonia Peres

Ieng Sary

Willi Schludecker

Riad Seif

Bob Sheppard

Malcolm Simmons

Joe Simon

Chuck Strahl

Naim Süleymanoğlu

Earl Wild

Jan Wilson

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef

Canadian Paul:

Excellent list and you did a very thorough job w/ your research!

With that said, I would like to add four more names to your list: Ronnie James Dio, Robert Byrd, Tony Curtis, and James Garner.

James Garner suffered a stroke a little over a year ago. He's also reportedly wheelchair bound. But they say he's fairly upbeat and doing OK so I would put him in the Famous Enough but Risky category.

Tony Curtis also suffered a stroke a couple years ago. He's reportedly on the mend, but others say he's looking quite frail. Again, place him in the Famous Enough but Risky Category.

Ronnie James Dio is suffering from stomach cancer. usually that's one of the deadlier forms of cancer. But they say he's still pretty active. Famous Enough but Risky?

Robert Byrd is, I believe, the longest running US Senator in history. He's a very prominent politician in the United States and one of the most famous and well-known. But I admit that since deathlist.net is primarily a UK site, Byrd is of questionable fame outside the US. He's very ill, was hospitalized, is 92 years old, and doesn't have much time left. I guess put him in the Questionable Fame but Risky.

Other thoughts:

I think David Hasselhoff will end up being the Michael Jackson of 2010. Somehow, I think he's not going to make it, particularly w/ all his alcohol problems. I could very well see him ending up like Jacko in 2010 unless he gets serious intervention. Of course, in the past, I thought Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and Amy Winehouse were all gonna die due to their issues, but they all appear to be doing much better now and I have removed them completely from consideration as death list candidates. So perhaps the Hoff can pull a Spears or Lohan and get his act back together. Or he can end up like Jacko, Heath Ledger, or Anna Nicole Smith.

Dennis Hopper is awesome. but he's getting up there in age and I'm hearing his prostate cancer has gotten progressively worse. But i'm rooting for him to beat this monster.

Simon MacCorkindale = Patrick Swayze of 2010. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Annette Funicello and Zsa Zsa Gabor should both be dead by now, but they are defying the odds. Zsa Zsa Gabor recently had a close call w/ death I believe earlier this year and has been near death several times in the past.

Elizabeth Taylor is becoming one of the biggest death teases (along w/ Zsa Zsa). She's had illness after illness and has reportedly been on the verge of death several times, only to "miraculously" recover.

CP, thanks again for your well organized and thought out list. I have been holding off on my DDP team waiting for this. You have helped me in the past and I hope to benefit again from your scholarship in 2010 (wait a minute, did I just agree with BC?). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Wow! Check out the amount of guests reading this thread (there were 73 a minute ago). I had no idea that DL was used this much for deadpooling research. I wonder if there is any mileage in setting up a premium rate "death tips" phone number? :D

Wow! Check out the amount of guests reading this thread (there were 73 a minute ago). I had no idea that DL was used this much for deadpooling research. I wonder if there is any mileage in setting up a premium rate "death tips" phone number? :D

You would certainly make a bundle, DDT...:)

It's just about Winter's prime and we are nearing decision time as the days are fading fast. The DL had a typical year with twelve hits in 2009, and the majority of those twelve hits were big names who were very media friendly. I guess that makes 2009 unforgettable and my aim to is make DL 2010 a more productive and entertaining year.

Canadian Paul did a good job sorting out the names but this is a little more concise. (Feel free to add any of the obvious names that I neglected to mention)

Here are my tips. : All of these names should be discussed by the committee. (I'm assuming Thatcher will be headlining DL 2010)

Muhammad Ali

Elizabeth Taylor

Professor Stephen Hawking

Dennis Hopper

Ronnie James Dio

Johannes Heesters

Laurent Fignon

Shaun Greatbatch

Meinhardt Raabe

Basil D'Oliveira

Robert Sargent Shriver

Phyllis Diller

Vo Nguyen Giap

Edward Watson Short

Donald Neilson

Nursat Bhutto

Annette Funicello

Peter Falk

Frank Kelly

Gore Vidal

Mike Tyson

Alex Higgins

Yao Defen

Anyonebluesman

PS: What about Anna Wing or Kenneth Kendall?

Per the suggestion of several individuals, I've added Ronnie James Dio... I missed him because a) He has his own thread, which I didn't really check for and :D I'm really rooting for him to beat this and, for the latter reason, I've placed him in Famous but Risky. I won't be putting him on my list, but that probably means that he should go on everyone else's, after my record at guessing who's "really" terminally ill last year. It definitely wouldn't be a dumb pick.

Per the suggestion of several individuals, I've added Ronnie James Dio... I missed him because a) He has his own thread, which I didn't really check for and :) I'm really rooting for him to beat this and, for the latter reason, I've placed him in Famous but Risky. I won't be putting him on my list, but that probably means that he should go on everyone else's, after my record at guessing who's "really" terminally ill last year. It definitely wouldn't be a dumb pick.

From what I'm getting so far, Mr Dio is a popular pick for the DDP... :D

Guest Richard Whitmore

I agree with your Mr Scream that it would be good for the DL to have a newsreader: Kendall, Richard Baker, or even my good self, have been felling a little bit overlooked of late.

The only thing I will say about Greatbatch is that he was on my final shortlist for some while, until I recently found out he'd returned to playing full-time darts for his county, the first news on him for some 9 months. Therefore, I presume he has recovered to some extent.

Here's a list that "researchers" might be interested in. Some of the people mentioned might have recovered or died. Others might not get UK obits and I've completely forgotten who some of them are. Anyway, at some point in the past, I've considered them all for deadpools.

To the person who joined DL especially to send me fan mail :D , this is for you:

Richard Adams

Steven Adler

Izzat Ibrahim Al-Douri

Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed

Alfred C Baldwin

Margot Baynes

Sister Wendy Beckett

Krishna Prasad Bhattarai

Keith Bradshaw

Jovanka Broz

George Blake

Raelene Boyle

Oscar Brand

Lord Brennan

Abdelaziz Bouteflika

Nusrat Bhutto

Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo

Mick Cocks

Natalie Cole

Winston Churchill

Mike Craig

Cahal Daly

Rob Daley

Margaret Delacourt-Smith

Del Deanus

Lord Delamere

Peter Dimmock

Peter Dula

Queen Fabiola

Princess Fawzia bint Fuad of Egypt

Dr Charles E Friedgood

Lord Brian Flowers

Keith Floyd

Alberto Fujimori

Annette Funicello

Sam Galbraith

Martin Gardner

Daniel Geiges

Marshall Grant

Ray Griff

David Giuliano

John Greenway

Mark Halsey

Anthony, Duke of Hamilton

Richie Hayward

Genaro “Chicanito” Hernandez

Kristin Hallenga

Alex Higgins

Ken Hutcherson

Josefa Iloilo

Sheikh Fehmi Naji el-Imam

Colin Inglis

Ronald Isley

Dana Jennings

Kathryn Joosten

Alun Gwynne Jones, Baron Chalfont

Hank Jones

Francine Lalonde

Ron Lancaster

Bruce Langhorne

Lord Hutchinson of Lullington

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Candye Kane

Gary Kelly

Kathryn Joosten

Girija Prasad Koirala

Joseph Kony

Lee Kun-hee

Iain McColl

Linda McGill

Lord Roy Mason

Ann Maxwell

Ed Mitchell

Major Berrington Mkoma

Sun Myung Moon

Rory Morrison

Bingu Mutharikahinga

Debbie Nelson

John Nkomo

Barry Penner

Sonia Peres

Ed Pickford (folkie)

Rosemary Pitman

Rene Preval

Peter Quaife

Paul Quarrington

Greg Rita

Jean Ritchie

Alain Robert

Chava Rosenfarb

Ivo Sanader

José Saramago

Ieng Sary

Suchitra Sen

Gitta Sereny

Riad Seif

Vincent Siew

Robert Simpson

Beatrice Sparks

Alex Stobbs

Kevin Steed

Patriarch Mesrob II Mutafyan of Constantinople

Patriarch Nyanasamvara Suvaddhana

Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria

Norodom Sihanouk

Paul Shrubb

Than Shwe

Vincent Siew

Karen Sinclair

Larry Stevenson

Clyde Stubblefield

Dame Elizabeth Svenson

Adolfo Suárez

Naim Süleymanoğlu

Elizabeth Svenson

Clark Terry

Maura Tierney

Waldo Thornhill

Peter Tork

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

John Turner

Grete Waitz

Jan Wilson

Mac Wiseman

Kim Woo-choong

Adam Yauch

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef

Emanuel E. Zeltser

Here's a list that "researchers" might be interested in. Some of the people mentioned might have recovered or died. Others might not get UK obits and I've completely forgotten who some of them are. Anyway, at some point in the past, I've considered them all for deadpools.

To the person who joined DL especially to send me fan mail :D , this is for you:

List snipped of celebs who are likely to die in the next few days owing to DDTs predictions.

Blimey, I hope any obit writers out there weren't counting on a holiday this Christmas. 57 odd celebs have just been tarred with the DDT post of death!

I nominate Dave Brubeck (as much as I love him). He's gonna turn 90 in 2010 and his wiki page says he couldn't play a concert due to a viral infection.

To the person who joined DL especially to send me fan mail :wub: , this is for you:

[snip]

Mick Cocks

[snip]

Scrub Mick Cocks (ooer missus, sounds painful).

Deathlist still haven't provided the write up for Levi-Strauss, so who knows if we going to have deathlist for 2010... :wub:

To the person who joined DL especially to send me fan mail :wub: , this is for you:

[snip]

Mick Cocks

[snip]

Scrub Mick Cocks (ooer missus, sounds painful).

Maybe Rose Tattoo should have their own thread - that's four dead in the past four years and five all together ... all from cancer. Watch out, Angry.