Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Btw can anyone thing of any more famous Hollywood actresses still alive from the thirties or fourties, who are over 85!

Evelyn Keyes, Shirley Temple, Anne Rutherford to name just three. Sorry, scrub Temple, I've just realised she's not that old.

Guest Guest
Ian Porterfield - Former footy player now suffering from a relapse of cancer after suffering from cancer earlier in the year.

I think Ian Porterfield's name should be removed from the list. he died from cancer on september 11.

Guest Guest
Al Oerter - US athlete, 4 times Olympic discus champion. Famous enough for a UK obit, I should think, specially considering Peter Norman's coverage. Oerter has major heart probs.

Al Oerter's name should be removed from the list. He died from heart failure on october 1.

I think you've got an admirer, Octopus. This 'guest' is always after your attention.... :angry:

What's up with Funicello anyway, Wikipedia doesn't mention anything... :unsure:

Well, that's why it's always nice to respond. :angry:

Funicello has had MS for years.

Ah yes, the Earl Hickey maxim.... ;)

Well, Beefheart's had MS for yonks, is he still worth sticking with? Can't really tell as there is no news about him...

I may have a revamp for 2008. I think I might abandon Pinter, Hagman and Muhammad Ali, Marquez (even Sharon) for the forseeable. But, you never know... :banghead:

Al Oerter - US athlete, 4 times Olympic discus champion. Famous enough for a UK obit, I should think, specially considering Peter Norman's coverage. Oerter has major heart probs.

Al Oerter's name should be removed from the list. He died from heart failure on october 1.

List updated up to October 9, with a few days space left to see how some of the more recent suggestions pan out.

I agree with OoOs omissions, save for Ronnie Biggs. I think he'll be next year's Pavarotti... seemingly doing fine, then suddenly dropping in the middle of the year.

Not that I'd mind if he dropped this year though.

Guest Guest
Joey Bishop - Lived a high life, plenty of drinks & Cigs. Apparently healthy, but low profile these days, turned 89 this year.

Deborah Kerr - clean living movie actress, now suffering from Parkinson's Disease, turns 86 this year.

They're both dead. :lol:

Bob Denard - French mercenary suffering from Alzheimer's and kidney failure. Also convicted last year of "belonging to a gang who conspired to commit a crime." Hardcore.

Bob Denard died on Oct 13th, so his name should be removed from the list as well.

Guest Guest

Bob Denard - French mercenary suffering from Alzheimer's and kidney failure. Also convicted last year of "belonging to a gang who conspired to commit a crime." Hardcore.

Bob Denard died on Oct 13th, so his name should be removed from the list as well.

Yeah, Denard's name should be replaced with Porter Wagoner's name.

Let's add him to the list.

Porter Wagoner - Country music singer. Now seriously ill with Lung Cancer.

We should put him on the DDP for next year. UK obit chances very high.

Jimmy Armfield has made a good enough recovery to start broadcasting again.

That's good news, I've always liked Jimmy Armfield... :lol:

Guest Guest
Porter Wagoner - Country music singer. Now seriously ill with lung cancer.

Porter Wagoner died on October 28 from lung cancer. His name should be removed as well.

Guest Guest
Porter Wagoner - Country music singer. Now seriously ill with lung cancer.

Porter Wagoner died on October 28 from lung cancer. His name should be removed as well.

I think his name should be replaced with Joan Fontaine's as well. Let's add her to the list.

Joan Fontaine - Film Actress and sister of Olivia de Haviland. Believed to be in ill health and suffering from multiple illnesses, and turned 90 this year.

Abdul Aziz al-Hakim - Leader of Iraq's largest political party, now suffering from lung cancer, still hospitalized as of mid-July.

Back in full health.

At least, if you trust Tehran Times. Don't forget that there are no homosexuals in Iran.

Abdul Aziz al-Hakim - Leader of Iraq's largest political party, now suffering from lung cancer, still hospitalized as of mid-July.

Back in full health.

At least, if you trust Tehran Times. Don't forget that there are no homosexuals in Iran.

Yes there are. I...

Oh never mind.

Earl Butz has shaken off his cobwebs & appeared in a new documentary. He's in a nursing home, but his mental facilities seem intact. (or intact as they ever were).

Until recently, he was going to work every day (circa 2005), so he's obviously slowing down a fair bit.

Can't find it now, but there was a picture of him back in 2005 and he looked pretty good for a man approaching 100.

Anyhow, since it's getting closer to decision time for DL 2008, I will soon be adding in all the recent suggestions. Any suggestions for people who should be removed (other than the dead ones of course, I'm on that now) are very much welcome, so that we can present something nice and shiny to DLCOM.

Ali should be a lock if he hangs in there until 2008.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9831638/

Perhaps too late for my DDP 2007 team, but from this evidence, a stick on for 08!

Ali should be a lock if he hangs in there until 2008.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9831638/

Uh, that article is from 2005. But still, I don't think his condition would change much since then.

2005? Blimey that means Ms Ali got a bit hysterical or the big man could go at any moment...