Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

Yeah, Mikey Dread will definitely get an obituary of the kind suitable for the scoring of DDP points etc. to those who selected him. Anybody else want to chip in with their affirmative opinion that Mikey Dread will get an appropriate obit? I don't think we've got enough premature consensus on this yet.

Yeah, I did want to, but I notice Twelvetrees has posted the relevant obit & I've also just realised Bill Brown wasn't chosen this year - very surprisingly - on the DDP so it makes my post (as usual) competely irrelevant...

Eunice Kennedy - Nationalizer of the Special Olympics, JFK's sister and Arnie Schwarzenegger's mother-in-law. "Miraculously" recovered from a series of near-fatal strokes earlier this year, but wasin hospital from late 2007 to early 2008. Turns 87 this year.

Hospitalized

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/03/26/eunice_kennedy_shriver_hospitalized/6659/

Post (sort of) repaired

Edited by heaven can wait

Eunice Kennedy - Nationalizer of the Special Olympics, JFK's sister and Arnie Schwarzenegger's mother-in-law. "Miraculously" recovered from a series of near-fatal strokes earlier this year, but wasin hospital from late 2007 to early 2008. Turns 87 this year.

Hospitalized

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/03/26/eunice_kennedy_shriver_hospitalized/6659/

Post (sort of) repaired

Should be interesting, she's been in and out of the hospital for the past year and pneumonia isn't a good thing in her advanced years.

Suicide watch for Karen Matthews. Doubt her mood will lift greatly if she sees the cover of this morning's Sun with it's 'Public Enemy Number 1' headline.

Sir John Mortimer is in hospital again - his daughter says "he's a catalogue of medical disasters" according to this snippet in the news.

That quote is very charitable of her!

I've gotten rid of all the dead people (I think, it's been so damn long since I updated the list), so hopefully soon I can add all the names that have come across lately.

Guest Guest_InquilineKea_*

aw, did you have a copy of the old list? I want a copy of one in 2007 (if one still exists)

aw, did you have a copy of the old list? I want a copy of one in 2007 (if one still exists)

No, sorry, since this thread is actually just the 2007 thread with a new title, which means that I've edited it mercilessly since then. The 2006 one, started by OoO, however, is somewhere still in its original form.

Clive Hornby - Emmerdale actor who is currently on leave due to unspecified ill health.

Still poorly according to this article.

Peter Jackson - Not the filmmaker, but the footy boss. Currently receiving treatment for lung cancer.

In pain but almost all clear.

The list has been updated to today (May 28).

Clive Hornby - Emmerdale actor who is currently on leave due to unspecified ill health.

Still poorly according to this article.

That report mentions the 5,000th episode of Emmerdale.

Sheila Mercier, now 89, who playd Hornby's mum in the soap (Annie Sugden) was part of that feature. She's gained a lot of weight, is very frail now but... seemed to have her wits about her & seems a strong woman mentally. Will she make 90? Probably. 92? Doubtful, I would have thought..

Assuming they make 2009....I'd say that Ted Kennedy, Patrick Swayze and Paul Newman should be definate adds. Fortunately for her, unfortunately for my list, looks like K. McCann is cleared of her cancer, so she maybe a drop.

Assuming they make 2009....I'd say that Ted Kennedy, Patrick Swayze and Paul Newman should be definate adds. Fortunately for her, unfortunately for my list, looks like K. McCann is cleared of her cancer, so she maybe a drop.

I think Sir John Mortimer and Tony Snow would be well worth including.

Additions for Canadian Paul: I don't think most of these have been mentioned yet.

Patrick Swayze "Pancreatic cancer" but probably won't see the end of this summer.

Senator. Ted Kennedy "Malignant Brain Tumor" .. keep the faith?

Tony Snow "Cancer is in remission but there is always room for exaggeration"

Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia) "And In failing health"

Patriarch Nyanasamvara Suvaddhana (At his show down for sure)

Dick Gregory "Revolutionary comedian who keeps his Leukemia on the down low"

Senator. Arlen Spector "Battling Lymphoma' and survived everything else.

Paul Newman "The rumors continue" ...

Sir John Mortimer "Recent visits to the hospital are good enough for me"

Vaclav Havel "The last president of Czechoslovakia" who has health issues. Great impulse pick.

Ernie Cooksey "Footballer with melanoma" .. and he is 27 years old.

Paul Birch "Former footballer with bone cancer" probably won't outlive the year.

Simon Gray "Play write with lung cancer" and won't quit smoking.

Lei Clijsters "Former Footballer with lung cancer"

Sam Galbraith "Longest to ever survive a lung transplant" on borrowed time.

Grete Waitz "Marathon runner with rare blood disease" (but isn't open about the extremity of the condition)

Archbishop Lawrence Burke "Has pancreatic cancer" and you know the outcome.

They won't all survive this year but I think this is pretty much the latest update of names to be added.

I also believe that people who have recent National Inquirer stories with the title "_________'s Sad Last Days". Recently, Dorris Day and Lorretta Lynne have been highlighted.

I also believe that people who have recent National Inquirer stories with the title "_________'s Sad Last Days". Recently, Dorris Day and Lorretta Lynne have been highlighted.

Well the National Enquiror claims that Loretta Lynne died on the operating table, so your guess is as good as mine

Additions for Canadian Paul: I don't think most of these have been mentioned yet.

Patrick Swayze "Pancreatic cancer" but probably won't see the end of this summer.

Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia) "And In failing health"

Vaclav Havel "The last president of Czechoslovakia" who has health issues. Great impulse pick.

Paul Birch "Former footballer with bone cancer" probably won't outlive the year.

Grete Waitz "Marathon runner with rare blood disease" (but isn't open about the extremity of the condition)

They won't all survive this year but I think this is pretty much the latest update of names to be added.

Could you provide a link to Grete Waitz's "blood disease"? Or Archbishop Burke' pancreatic cancer?

Could you provide a link to Grete Waitz's "blood disease"? Or Archbishop Burke' pancreatic cancer?

According to this article, the cancer was discovered through a blood test. I also have this article which explains she still undergoes regular treatments. My educated guess would be that she has "None Hodgkins Lymphoma" .. blood disease might have been a little hardcore. Sorry Devon.

As for Archbishop Burke, I apologize for misjudging that one. It's colon cancer that has spread to his lungs . . . :P

Jack Ramsay - American basketball coach now almost completely consumed by cancer. Only question is, will he get a UK obit - as discussed, it depends on if it's a slow news week death-wise or not.

I can't find anything that says that he has cancer. Help?

Jack Ramsay - American basketball coach now almost completely consumed by cancer. Only question is, will he get a UK obit - as discussed, it depends on if it's a slow news week death-wise or not.

I picked Jack last year for my Death League team based on the cancer rumors but never could find much to substantiate it. He seemed to be working at least a bit last year. I'd like to hear more too.

I picked Jack last year for my Death League team based on the cancer rumors but never could find much to substantiate it. He seemed to be working at least a bit last year. I'd like to hear more too.

Here's the article I found last year about his health:

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/0...hile-still.html

He's on my DDP team.

Here's the article I found last year about his health:

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/0...hile-still.html

He's on my DDP team.

Thanks DDP. I have him on my GG pool and was wondering if I bought a bill of goods.

I guess you can knock out E St. Laurent

Sorry about missing Swayze and Kennedy - forgot to add the obvious ones that have their own thread - and Clijsters I was trying to keep a secret as long as possible (despite having picked him for Pool of Death), but I've added him now. Snow, Suvaddhana, Mortimer, Havel, Birch and Gray were already on there. Saud, Gregory, Galbraith and Waitz I'm not sure about - so someone make a case. Cooksey and Burke need cites. Specter and Newman added as well.

While I'm here, I was going to update the CPDP from work today (at least for Diddley and St. Laurent), but apparentely the RDP (which I've retired from) the DDP and the DL are all blocked by the company's web filter as "tasteless" and I got distracted trying to figure out how to get around it. The HDP and the CPDP, as well as I believe Handy's DP are apparentely more classy, as they are not filtered by "tasteless." Anyhow, hopefully I'll get all three updated (the others + Basrur) sometime tomorrow.