Canadian Paul

Deathlist 2011

List updated. Here's some current health news:

To start with, Ieng Sary might be soon following in the footsteps of Sam Bith, as he's been in hospital quite a lot recently. Darts player Dennis Priestley is recuperating at home and may be well enough to play again in mid-March, though he won't be getting the tests done to see how the treatment worked until the end of March. I couldn't find a solid health update on Canadian MP Barry Penner, but he's been out and about and he looks pretty healthy in the picture. Eunice Kennedy apparently got out of the hospital at some point, but she's apparently very frail, though still appearing in public (the video has nothing to do with her).

Princess Anne is going to Croke Park. A few the kind who kidnapped Shergar are still walking the Dublin streets.

Chances of a Benazir Bhutto style greeting are remote, but you never know.....

Princess Anne is going to Croke Park. A few the kind who kidnapped Shergar are still walking the Dublin streets.

Shite I'm going to be stuck in the f*****g middle of that! :rolleyes::lol::D:angry::angry::angry:

These things never go smoothly.

You'll be stuck in the middle of nowt OSP, civilised place that it is, dripping in cash from weekending English and other Europeans, Dublin won't see her off.

Shite I'm going to be stuck in the f*****g middle of that! :rolleyes::lol::D:angry::angry::angry:

Maybe someone will kidnap Princess Anne mistaking her for a horse.

Phyllis Diller - US Comic. Recently, has had major H/A & subsequently fitted with pacemaker, turned 90 this year. Fractured her back and was forced to cancel her 90th birthday Tonight Show appearance. Turns 91 this year.

I noticed an error there, it says both "turned 90 this year" and "turns 91 this year", when only the latter should be there.

You'll be stuck in the middle of nowt OSP, civilised place that it is, dripping in cash from weekending English and other Europeans, Dublin won't see her off.

No I have to work in Dublin on Saturday, just round the corner from Croke Park, so it's going to be a f*****g nightmare! Shite and double shite!! :rolleyes:

Phyllis Diller - US Comic. Recently, has had major H/A & subsequently fitted with pacemaker, turned 90 this year. Fractured her back and was forced to cancel her 90th birthday Tonight Show appearance. Turns 91 this year.

I noticed an error there, it says both "turned 90 this year" and "turns 91 this year", when only the latter should be there.

Fixed. Thanks.

BBC News reporting Prince Harry has been serving secretly on the front line against the Taleban for over two months. Just been withdrawn because the details have been put online by a couple of American websites.

Vasily Aleksanyan - Very young (36) VP of Yukos oil, now under arrest. After much refusal from Russian authorities, was finally transferred to a hospital after going blind from metastatic cancer and AIDS.

He's now being treated well, but is still terminal.

Jeff Healey - Canadian blues guitarist. I'm not sure about obit chances, since I'm Canadian and I've never heard of him, but he takes "born dying" to a whole new level - he was born with eye cancer and has been plagued with illness ever since, most recently lung cancer. Only 40, and not likely to make it to senior citizenship, although he's gotten back to touring. Stopped again though, due to cancer.

Dead.

Jeff Healey - Canadian blues guitarist. I'm not sure about obit chances, since I'm Canadian and I've never heard of him, but he takes "born dying" to a whole new level - he was born with eye cancer and has been plagued with illness ever since, most recently lung cancer. Only 40, and not likely to make it to senior citizenship, although he's gotten back to touring. Stopped again though, due to cancer.

Dead.

That is a real shame. I've got a couple of his albums "See The Light" and "Hell To Pay". haven't listened to them in quite a while though. might dig them out tomorrow

Here are some names I thought up. But it seems the people you most expect to die end up surviving and living (they have the will to survive).

Britney Spears - Honestly, I thought she was gonna off herself. Her career appears to be in the doldrums, she'd lost custody of her two children, and she's displayed an extreme recklessness. Yet, she appears to have slowly rebounded. Her career is back on track (she's got a guest starring role in a TV show), her music is back with new videos, and she appears to be slowly resurrecting myself. I had Britney Spears on my list of candidates who are most likely to die either by suicide or drug overdose.

Jan-Michael Vincent - He's in terrible shape. This is a video I found of him last year.

However, he appears to be trying to survive. i thought he'd kick the bucket by now, especially considering how terrible shape he's in. Guess he's hanging tough.

Charlton Heston - Suffering from Alzheimer's. People predicted he'd be dead by now.

Fidel Castro - Why won't he die?

Kirk Douglas

Paul Newman

Ernest Borgnine

John Wooden

And less than a week later, he remains dead. Now will he get an obit suitable for the DDP? If so a certain someone by the name of "The Living End" becomes the new scoreboard leader... :lol:

Will clean up the old names on the main list right away, hopefully add the new ones soon.

When you hear 'hopeful' it encourages one to think the show down might be in a couple of months, not days. I guess time waits for no one.

Mikey Dread is pronounced dead and there is no sign on an obituary yet. I was skeptical of his condition and fame status which is why I didn't list him. Overall, it wouldn't shock me if he didn't receive the obituary. Then again, sources are unpredictable. Only the 'Jamaica Observer' the same source which reported him 'hopeful' has announced his demise.

When you hear 'hopeful' it encourages one to think the show down might be in a couple of months, not days. I guess time waits for no one.

Mikey Dread is pronounced dead and there is no sign on an obituary yet. I was skeptical of his condition and fame status which is why I didn't list him. Overall, it wouldn't shock me if he didn't receive the obituary. Then again, sources are unpredictable. Only the 'Jamaica Observer' the same source which reported him 'hopeful' has announced his demise.

You'll be out of the top ten on the DDP if he does get one, Banshees. :lol:

And less than a week later, he remains dead. Now will he get an obit suitable for the DDP? If so a certain someone by the name of "The Living End" becomes the new scoreboard leader... :lol:

Will clean up the old names on the main list right away, hopefully add the new ones soon.

He should get one. He worked with the Clash. Guardian probably. I considered him but had no concrete info on the seriousness of his tumour, so left him out. So well done to whoever picked him and particularly Living End, who is finally fulfilling his potential on the death-picking front. My reign at the top is soon to be over...

He should get one. He worked with the Clash. Guardian probably. I considered him but had no concrete info on the seriousness of his tumour, so left him out. So well done to whoever picked him and particularly Living End, who is finally fulfilling his potential on the death-picking front. My reign at the top is soon to be over...

I wouldn't be so sure. Besides I'm liking it up there in the DDP and don't feel like stepping down just yet.

He will get an obit, probably all major broadsheets. 'Dread at the Controls' was a big album and The Clash connection was fairly important at the time.

He will get an obit, probably all major broadsheets. 'Dread at the Controls' was a big album and The Clash connection was fairly important at the time.

I wouldn't mind seeing a US obit as well.

Deffo obit, Paul Fox of The Ruts got one in The Guardian and all he did was redefine rock guitar styles a little bit. Mikey Dread has contributed to groundbreaking work that is still rated today.

Guest Night Of The Undread

Yeah, Mikey Dread will definitely get an obituary of the kind suitable for the scoring of DDP points etc. to those who selected him. Anybody else want to chip in with their affirmative opinion that Mikey Dread will get an appropriate obit? I don't think we've got enough premature consensus on this yet.

My number 1 choice in the HDP............................. bring it on