Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Tony Hart has drawn his last breath.

Just beat me to it...

The amazing debut of Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now continues...

This is unbelievable! I'm starting to worry that I might need to provide alibis for my whereabouts over the past 18 days given how they've been dropping like flies. ;)

It's amazing, but sad as they're all great names when I grew up: Vine, McGoohan, Mortimer (via Rumpole) and now Hart.

I knew he was ill but did't really consider him for my team. I've got David Hart (no relation), two Harts would be an extravagance!

Well done son, but I must warn you, there's a long way to go. Last Year I started like a bullet (5 hits in 23 days!) but faded to a respectable 6th...

Hello All

First post muppet here.

Have been competing in the DDP for a few years now and very occasionally try to help out the DDP organizers in some way. Have even done a very very small job for OoO this week.

I'm like one of those old women that makes Jam and tries to sell it church fetes and generally gets in the way and annoys people.

After a superb start thanks to my long term pick of Claiborne Pell i noticed my Joker pick Joanne Evans had sadly passed away. Through my tears i realized that i could take comfort in the fact and adding the Dai Llewellyn hit I may just hit the top 3 of the DDP.

However, the Daily Express have seriously made my eyes water with fury at how they run a story on Mrs Evans Cancer plight then simply ignore the fact that she loses her battle.

Can somebody still win it when their Joker pick doesn't get an Obit? I think not.

Anyway, looking forward to posting some more and having the banter.

However, the Daily Express have seriously made my eyes water with fury at how they run a story on Mrs Evans Cancer plight then simply ignore the fact that she loses her battle.

Don't worry. They will publish something when a slow news day comes along.

Once they are fed up with the plane in the Hudson...after this whole Gaza crisis has been resolved...after all the hype of the Obama inauguration has died down...when the global financial crisis is resolved...

Could be in for a long wait. ;)

Hello All

First post muppet here.

Have been competing in the DDP for a few years now and very occasionally try to help out the DDP organizers in some way. Have even done a very very small job for OoO this week.

I'm like one of those old women that makes Jam and tries to sell it church fetes and generally gets in the way and annoys people.

After a superb start thanks to my long term pick of Claiborne Pell i noticed my Joker pick Joanne Evans had sadly passed away. Through my tears i realized that i could take comfort in the fact and adding the Dai Llewellyn hit I may just hit the top 3 of the DDP.

Can somebody still win it when their Joker pick doesn't get an Obit? I think not.

Welcome GU, and here's hoping Stefano Borgonovo succeds where Evans has failed and gets the required obit (if he dies this year, of course)...

Yes, the lack of Evans' obit will be a big blow, possibly fatal in terms of winning DDP, but there's enough 'quality' in the teams who chose her to suggest success in 2009. Having made a list of potential high scorers and looked at their teams (including your good self), I shall discuss the chances of the big hitters in the appropriate thread...

Hello All

First post muppet here.

Aye, welcome newbie!

You should have put your DDP team into the Deathrace where Evans has netted a haul of points because the local paper report is sufficient to ensure the score. We live and we learn in these areas, I had the same issue with Rachel Jones last year. The 'Cancer Mum' was a weepie story for the Daily Mirror pre-Christmas in 2007, only for them to totally ignore her death not so long afterwards.

I've had a few belated, 'any chance of.....?' approaches about late Deathrace entries and decided against it because I didn't want to open the floodgates and piss off those already keenly watching their own performance. You could always post on the thread and point out how well you would be doing if you were in. I reckon you'd be in a clear third with 1434 points at present.

Cheers folks.

MPFC - I shall look at the Deathrace thread and inflict yet more DP anguish on myself ;)

Seriously though, its all good fun

Deceased Hose, Eejit, Meet your Maker, No Noose and Wormer. I hope you've emailed the Daily Express demanding a Joanne Obit. I HAVE!!!

Cheers folks.

MPFC - I shall look at the Deathrace thread and inflict yet more DP anguish on myself ;)

Seriously though, its all good fun

Deceased Hose, Eejit, Meet your Maker, No Noose and Wormer. I hope you've emailed the Daily Express demanding a Joanne Obit. I HAVE!!!

Great idea, GU but mine will be more like, "Whatever happened to......?"

Here's an obit for Angela Morley. Still yet to receive a UK obit though

Here's an obit for Angela Morley. Still yet to receive a UK obit though

So she really is dead then.

Back in the early 70's my old french horn professor Ifor James used to play in recording sessions conducted by Wally Stott.

When he went off for his gender reassignment somebody else took over Stott's job and nothing was heard of him for a while.

Then one day she turned up at the back of the studio trying to look inconspicuous with a big pair of sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat.

In the coffee break there was a lot of humming and haaing and embarrassed looking at feet and smalltalk along he lines of:

"all right Wally?"

"yeah not bad"

silence

"it's been a while"

"yeah"

that sort of thing.

Ifor, however, not one to mess around marches up to Angela:

"Hello Wally"

"Oh hello Ifor"

"I suppose a shag's out of the question?"

Sort of broke the ice anyway.

I expect you had to be there.

There will be a Wally Stott obit I should imagine, simply because of the awesome string arrangements on the early Scott Walker LP's.

Like this beauty...

There doesn't seem to be an obit posted anywhere, either under the name of Angela Morley or Wally Stott.

Nothing is mentioned on her official website either.

Bob May actor who played robot on lost in space has died. Danger Will Robinson!!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/18/lost-in-space-actor-is-dead/

Bob May was the operator of the robot. Dick Tufeld (who is still alive) did the voice.

It's the old Darth Vader debate isn't it? Prowse vs Earl Jones...

Veteran actress Kathleen Byron has died. She starred in three Powell & Pressburger films in the 1940s, appeared in Saving Private Ryan, Emma and The Elephant Man and had bit parts in just about every UK TV series known to man, including Emmerdale Farm, Blake's Seven, Heartbeat, Minder, Take Three Girls, The Avengers, Dalziel & Pascoe, The Bill, Howards' Way, Z Cars, Casualty and Midsomer Murders.

Anyway, she's dead now.

Seems actress Josine van Dalsum is spending her last day on earth.

That's just a link to her imdb page, no mention of her dead or dying

It's gone under the radar here at the DL, but Indian filmmaker Tapan Sinha got a BBC obit and is thus a unique and first hit for You Must Be Croaking! on the DDP.

Veteran actress Kathleen Byron has died. She starred in three Powell & Pressburger films in the 1940s, appeared in Saving Private Ryan, Emma and The Elephant Man and had bit parts in just about every UK TV series known to man, including Emmerdale Farm, Blake's Seven, Heartbeat, Minder, Take Three Girls, The Avengers, Dalziel & Pascoe, The Bill, Howards' Way, Z Cars, Casualty and Midsomer Murders.

Anyway, she's dead now.

There's a great picture of her here, which could have been taken last week, she looks so modern...

Mahmut Aygun, the inventor of the donor kebab, has died of cancer.

"Which casket would you like mrs Aygun?"

" Could we have the solid oak Regencey with a laminated hardwood base please?"

"Chilli Sauce and salad?"

It will be a very slow cremation, turning the corpse round for hours at a temperature not quite hot enough to kill off the salmonella and listeria from the funeral directors unwashed hairy hands.

Mahmut Aygun, the inventor of the donor kebab, has died of cancer.

"Which casket would you like mrs Aygun?"

" Could we have the solid oak Regencey with a laminated hardwood base please?"

"Chilli Sauce and salad?"

Edmund de Rothschild has died at the age of 93. As his surname suggests, he was a banker, but he is almost as well known for his achievements as a horticulturalist. He produced "several dozen new rhododendron hybrids".

Bert Hazell

Former crow-scarer, North Norfolk MP and union leader has died aged 101. Contrary to some reports, He didn't quite live long enough to beat Theodore Cooke Taylor's record as the longest-lived former member of the British Parliament, although he "overtook" Manny Shinwell into second place. Michael Foot's got some way to go yet!