themaninblack

Death Anniversary Thread

SteveIrwin_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

Died today in 2006. As Norm MacDonald said at the time, "44? That's a ripe old age for a crocodile hunter."

• Like 1

Today but 25 years ago German actor Gert Fröbe, who played one of the most well-remembered villains of the James Bond series (Auric Goldfinger in “Goldfinger”), died at age 75 from a heart attack.

00093918.jpg

• Like 1

Today but 25 years ago German actor Gert Fröbe, who played one of the most well-remembered villains of the James Bond series (Auric Goldfinger in “Goldfinger”), died at age 75 from a heart attack.

Aaw, he didn't get sucked out of a plane window, then? I want my money back.

• Like 1

Aaw, he didn't get sucked out of a plane window, then? I want my money back.

Yep. Real life is that boring. :skill2:

• Like 1

Today in 1976 Chairman Mao bought the farm, aged 82.

188px-Mao.jpg

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Mohammed Atta and 18 pals on this day 2001.

Spectacular viewing. I was off work so straight to the pub to watch it on the big screen.

sally_crystal.jpg

Crystal Lee Sutton the Union Organizer who inspired the Norma Rae film charecter died 4 years ago today from brain cancer at age 68.

Richard Wright, one of the founding members of Pink Floyd, died 5 years ago today from cancer at the age of 65.

1384blog_rick_wright.jpg

Marc Bolan died today in 1977 aged 29...

marc_bolan_7239.jpeg

Today in 1736, German-Polish physicist and inventor of the thermometer, Daniel Fahrenheit FRS, died in The Hague, aged 50.

Fahrenheit_small.jpg

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Today in 1994 Austro-British philosopher Karl Popper died in London, aged 92.

His ideas about problem of demarcation (i.e. the line separating science from opinion) and his liberal ideas on political philosophy are still hotly debated.

187px-Karl_Popper.jpg

This same day in 1944 saw the start of the Battle of Arnhem. This brilliant intelligence cock-up cost the lives of 2000 allied soldiers, among whom Lieutenant John Hollington Grayburn VC, KIA 20 September 1944.

Jack_Grayburn.jpg

regards,

Hein

The American singer-songwriter Jim Croce died on September 20, 1973 in a plane crash at age 30.

Two months earlier he has had his first Billboard Hot 100-No.1 with “Bad, bad Leroy Brown”; his second No.1-hit was the posthumous “Time in a bottle” – 3 months after his dead.

Jim-Croce-r01.jpg

“The fastest woman of all time” died in her sleep 15 years ago: Florence Griffith-Joyner, 38, athlete.

The records she set in 1988 for both the 100 metres and 200 metres still stand.

I still remember her crazy fingernails! :smiley_f: no no: :D

1794278-10-jpg_055130.jpg

• Like 1

The French mime, clown and actor Marcel Marceau died 6 years ago aged 84. He was very famous for his persona “Bip the Clown”.

I really hate clowns and most of them are ugly and NOT funny. :birthday2::shoot:

Marcel-Marceau-01.jpg

• Like 1

The founding father of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud, died on September 23, 1939 at age 83.

Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg

• Like 2

Mary Frann, who played Joanna Loudon on the TV Series "Newhart", died 15 years ago today from a heart attack at the age of 55.

mf1.JPG

Four years ago today we lost murderer/born-again Christian, lingeringly terminally ill dead pool delight Susan "Sexy Sadie" Atkins. If I remember correctly, she pumped performance into my CPDP line up at the time.

Susan_atkins.jpg

One year ago today, Legendary crooner Andy Williams died of bladder cancer at the age of 84.

AndyWilliams_Singer_Dead_BladderCancer1.jpg

Actress Mary Astor, born as Lucile Vasconcellos Langhanke in 1906, died on September 25, 1987.

In 1941 she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in "The Great Lie".

astor01.jpg

billy-beer-hommer1.jpg

Presidential brother and comedy punchline for most of the 1980s Billy Carter died today in 1988.

Elia Kazan died ten years ago today, becoming DL 2003's fourteenth and final hit in a record that's been once equaled and yet to be beaten...

V4dDkMl.jpg

Elia Kazan died ten years ago today, becoming DL 2003's fourteenth and final hit in a record that's been once equaled and yet to be beaten...

V4dDkMl.jpg

But started a 174 day drought that was not broken until the following March.

• Like 1