Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

An off-road racer and Ganassi rider for the last two seasons of Extreme E, Kyle LeDuc has died at the age of 41. Six-time champion of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series Pro 4 and winner of the 2022 Island XPrix, the American had been treating stage four cancer of the head and neck since November. In June, the rider had announced his retirement from competition to focus on treatment.Born in Cherry Valley, Califórnia

Kyle LeDuc morre aos 41 anos em decorrência de câncer - Notícia de Fórmula E - Grande Prêmio (grandepremio.com.br)

image.jpeg.8b7a12dc5ae27a6cfece586f06c268bd.jpeg

It looks like legendary NASCAR Play by play announcer Ken Squier is in his final days, per fellow MRN Radio announcer Dave Moody. He's had shingles, Covid, and a stroke in the last few years.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2023 at 05:15, jd24fan said:

It looks like legendary NASCAR Play by play announcer Ken Squier is in his final days, per fellow MRN Radio announcer Dave Moody. He's had shingles, Covid, and a stroke in the last few years.

Hospice because of intestinal blockage:

https://www.jayski.com/2023/11/15/ken-squier-enters-hospice-care/

• Like 3

Ken Squier dead at 88.

See mr Carter? That's how you do hospice care.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aage Hansen was born in Oslo and died in Asker at the age of 88, he was a motorcyclist, he was seven times champion of Norway, winning the Norwegian Championship in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961 and 1963, he reached the final of the World Championship of Speedway at the 1957 Individual Speedway World Championship.Died in 15 November

https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/speedwaylegenden-aage-hansen-er-dod/s/5-95-1458519

Oslo 1956. Campeonato norueguês de autódromo em pista, até 500cc.  Aage Hansen sagrou-se campeão norueguês.  Foto da vitória com o troféu.  Foto de arquivo NTB / NTB

I recently read about a reunion for the  Shadow F1 team employees. Most significant team members were there, but one missing due to 'ill health' was former team boss and Grand Prix driver Alan Rees. Might be worth considering, especially for a theme team. He'll obit With a QO without too many issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brian Sampson died on 17 November 2023, aged 88, had a long career throughout the 1960s and 1970s. Sampson was a mainstay of the Australian Motor Industries - Toyota Team in the Bathurst 500 from 1965 to 1970, winning Class A in 1969 in a Corolla. Also won the 1977 Rothmans 500, co-driving with Warren Cullen.

https://autoaction.com.au/2023/11/18/vale-sambo-brian-sampson-june-17-1935-november-17-2023

VALE Brian Sampson-Cheeta-Mk6

Currently trying to reduce 39 names to 9 for the final DDP team.

So as this is the time to give and not receive:

Enzo Osella has dementia. I'm not entirely sure he'll get a QO for DDP purposes, unless the timing works. I don't think Erich Zakowski did end up getting an appropriate QO which for me was a bit of a litmus test.

Lord Hesketh is very active at the moment, but he's lost a shedload of weight recently and on Sunday, his clothes were clearly too big for him. No-one's said anything official, but I can't help but think something is awry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Lord Hesketh is very active at the moment, but he's lost a shedload of weight recently and on Sunday, his clothes were clearly too big for him. No-one's said anything official, but I can't help but think something is awry.

Indeed suspicious:

https://x.com/Pitlaneandy/status/1731454554632290413?s=20

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Agreed something is up, he's definitely lost a lot of weight.

Someone else to watch out for, Wilson Fittipaldi. This is him at Interlagos earlier this year https://twitter.com/Samuelito_F1/status/1721195916223238477.  Wilson has Parkinson's disease and compared to Jacques Laffite (also a Parkinson's sufferer around the same age), he looks far more frail.

American car racer Paula Murphy (Wikidead at 95

She was the only woman to have been allowed to drive an Indy car at speed on the track in 1975 and the first woman to drive a jet-engined car on the Salt Flats

image.thumb.png.0bb223cf170d3f3734beb7b49eaa5e52.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dirtracer18 said:

2003 Indianapolis 500 champion Gil de Ferran has passed away at 56.

Aw, fuck it. He'd only been brought back into McLaren F1 team a few months ago and started to see it flourish again.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, dirtracer18 said:

Absolute shocker. de Ferran was a great driver and a class act in his years in Indycar and was beloved by his fellow drivers. R.I.P.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dirtracer18 said:

Truly shocked at this, I guess the only consolation is he died doing what he loved and died in his racing suit, gloves, and boots as opposed to dying in a bed of a terminal disease

Met him at Goodwood once, lovely chap

RIP

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Truly shocked at this, I guess the only consolation is he died doing what he loved and died in his racing suit, gloves, and boots as opposed to dying in a bed of a terminal disease

Met him at Goodwood once, lovely chap

RIP

At least he died of natural causes instead of traumatic injuries in an accident, which happens in auto racing at times, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, jd24fan said:

At least he died of natural causes instead of traumatic injuries in an accident, which happens in auto racing at times, unfortunately.

True, no footage but reminds me of Denny Hulme at Bathurst, knew was having a medical emergency and pulled to the side of the track

Tony Renna's fatal crash at a testing session at Indy never was released as there were no professional camera people or television filming as it happened as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jd24fan said:

Tony Renna's fatal crash at a testing session at Indy never was released as there were no professional camera people or television filming as it happened as well.

I wouldn’t want to see any footage of De Ferran’s last moments on track but by all accounts from what i have read on social media he went quickly and didn’t suffer much, was unconscious seconds after he parked the car

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 11:26, The Immortal said:

Update on Cale Yarborough from his daughter. Diagnosed with a very rare terminal condition apparently. It does seem to be of the slower progressive multiple sclerosis/dementia type of condition, rather than the fast progressing terminal cancer/ALS kind but regardless definitely a solid choice for DPs this point on.

Cale Yarborough dead.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1