Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

I am on holidays over the next 16 days. I am only going to post when really important things happen, like today.

• Like 1

You can disable new post notifications. I'd go nuts if the notifications bit pinged every time one of the nutters went on a posting bollocks spree.

As it is, mine only notifies for "likes", which is usually followed by me thinking "So and so has liked my post in What thread? What did I post there again?"

Yup, might need to take another look at my settings.

R.I.P.? I wonder if anyone could point me towards any now deceased celebrities who are now, say, tearing it up on the streets of Cheam, or running a blag in Scarborough for examples? Where does the notion of R.I.P. come from? I should perhaps have posted this in 'Ask A Deathlister'?

R.I.P.? I wonder if anyone could point me towards any now deceased celebrities who are now, say, tearing it up on the streets of Cheam, or running a blag in Scarborough for examples? Where does the notion of R.I.P. come from? I should perhaps have posted this in 'Ask A Deathlister'?

Is this a genuine question? It's an abbreviation of the old saying Rest in Peace, traditionally said to the dead person as they die, or once they have died.

a) The new skin is fucking awful. Especially on the homepage.

b.) the update for Ali's death hasn't carried over to the new server.

c) was the switch from vbulletin to IPBoard part of this move, or did I just miss that in the past.

• Like 1

Is this a genuine question? It's an abbreviation of the old saying Rest in Peace, traditionally said to the dead person as they die, or once they have died.

Yes it is. I'm curious why it came about? It's not that you see any of the departed cavorting down the High St post-mortem or taking up Zumba or coming back to complain of their burial. I am aware of the wonders of WIKI, but we have some real experts here:)

The 'peace' being they weren't dug up again.

See that genocidal cunt Cromwell. Dug up years later and beheaded.

• Like 1

I don't mind the new main page but, come on, the most important part of DL is its forum and the access to it as right at the bottom of the bloody page.

Doh!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

? Just save the forum as your bookmark or whatever (I just use 'restore tabs' option in browser).

Never go to the front page.

• Like 1

? Just save the forum as your bookmark or whatever (I just use 'restore tabs' option in browser).

Never go to the front page.

Fuck off, that's too sensible. :D

• Like 2

Yes it is. I'm curious why it came about? It's not that you see any of the departed cavorting down the High St post-mortem or taking up Zumba or coming back to complain of their burial. I am aware of the wonders of WIKI, but we have some real experts here:)

It goes way back. I want to say that there have been variations of "RIP" found back to the 10th century, but something in my head says even older than that.

College was a while back.

It's actually "Requiescat in Pace" - the Latin - and before that was "Dormit in Pace" (He is sleeping in peace). I've never seen anything that indicates the actual start of the idea that the body is "resting" rather than decomposing but I had a professor once link it to the idea that the soul and the body will reunite someday, at which time the body would be made incorruptible by God's power. So, in the meantime, the body would be in some sort of waiting period in the tomb.

As far as I know it's one of those things that is lost in the beginnings of the idea of eternal life.

Let me know if you find anything anywhere about the beginnings of these ideas. They interest me.

• Like 4

It goes way back. I want to say that there have been variations of "RIP" found back to the 10th century, but something in my head says even older than that.

It's actually "Requiescat in Pace" - the Latin - and before that was "Dormit in Pace" (He is sleeping in peace). I've never seen anything that indicates the actual start of the idea that the body is "resting" rather than decomposing but I had a professor once link it to the idea that the soul and the body will reunite someday, at which time the body would be made incorruptible by God's power. So, in the meantime, the body would be in some sort of waiting period in the tomb.

As far as I know it's one of those things that is lost in the beginnings of the idea of eternal life.

Let me know if you find anything anywhere about the beginnings of these ideas. They interest me.

I love this place.

You can go from the massive twat ( me) to the super smart ( CA ) in a couple of posts.

I love this place.

You can go from the massive twat ( me) to the super smart ( CA ) in a couple of posts.

Ah, but both gorgeous, well spoken, and.....never mind. ;)

• Like 1

I love this place.

Bald? 😄

• Like 3

Bad news folks. Work seems to have blocked the site. This may be just a new firewall. See if it clears in a few days.

Bad news folks. Work seems to have blocked the site. This may be just a new firewall. See if it clears in a few days.

More likely the change of server.

On Channel 4 news at 7 in the audience about a debate on the EU referendum.Look out for crutches!:P

• Like 4

On Channel 4 news at 7 in the audience about a debate on the EU referendum.Look out for crutches! :P

Is it possible your good knee could connect with the privates of the politician with whom you disagree in the debate? Ha ha, I'll be watching out.

• Like 1

I love this place.

Bald?

You massive w***er!! :lol:

Ok, so I probably did more crotch watching than crutch watching to be honest, couldn't see a damn pair of crutches or a plaster casted leg.

I wonder where Shaun was....

Ok, so I probably did more crotch watching than crutch watching to be honest, couldn't see a damn pair of crutches or a plaster casted leg.

I wonder where Shaun was....

Maybe he was a cameraman.

• Like 3

On Channel 4 news at 7 in the audience about a debate on the EU referendum.Look out for crutches! :P

Sorry would have watched but didn't see your post on time to even catch the +1.

Did you give a shout-out to Casualpolitics?

Sorry would have watched but didn't see your post on time to even catch the +1.

Did you give a shout-out to Casualpolitics?

No I didn`t sadly!

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/:I didn`t make the TV broadcast but got to speak on their facebook live stream.Heres the link of the 30 minute stream followed by the news.I appear at roughly five minutes in.The 90 minute video entitled

"Young voters could decide the EU referendum.

Jon Snow is live in Norwich with just one day left to register to vote."

• Like 1

My voice is horrible though.Sounds much nicer through my ears than on camera.