DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

I would offer up....Omar Abdel-Rahman (first WTC bomber and in declining health). There are also various War Criminals claiming to be too ill to stand trial.

Reportedly dead: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/02/18/Egypt-s-extremist-Blind-Sheikh-Omar-Abdel-Rahman-dies-in-US-prison-.html

An eligible pick, but no one selected him for the Joker's Dead Pool.

I would offer up....Omar Abdel-Rahman (first WTC bomber and in declining health). There are also various War Criminals claiming to be too ill to stand trial.

Reportedly dead: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/02/18/Egypt-s-extremist-Blind-Sheikh-Omar-Abdel-Rahman-dies-in-US-prison-.html

An eligible pick, but no one selected him for the Joker's Dead Pool.

ITV first with it for the DDP: http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-18/world-trade-centre-bomber-blind-sheikh-omar-abdel-rahman-dies-in-prison-in-us/

Hard to define this a sad death.

• Like 1

Hard to define this a sad death.

It's sad... that this wasn't a notice for Catherine Nevin, like I had immediately assumed on seeing the thread updated.

For some reason, the brother and sister of Catherine Nevin's husband and victim, are trying to prevent her from inheriting his estate. Maybe she's not that ill after all? A riddle....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/catherine-nevin-murder-conviction-ruled-admissible-in-disinheritance-case-1.3001093

Edit: Or maybe they're trying to get her inheritance back retroactively...

Serial killer Donald Harvey who was known as the 'Angel of Death' after pleading guilty to 37 murders in 1987, has died after being attacked whilst in prison, at the age of 64.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Serial killer Donald Harvey who was known as the 'Angel of Death' after pleading guilty to 37 murders in 1987, has died after being attacked whilst in prison, at the age of 64.

I am working on the muffin basket I am going to send to his attacker.

No the attackers identity is unknown.

9 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

No the attackers identity is unknown.

:whoosh:

20 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/13/arkansas-executions-death-penalty-bruce-earl-ward :Concerns about whether Bruce Ward one of the Arkansas death row inmates is mentally fit for execution.He is due to meet his maker Monday.

He was found mentally fit at his trial and in his appeals. I've been following this case and it appears this has only become an issue as he is approaching execution.

6 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

He was found mentally fit at his trial and in his appeals. I've been following this case and it appears this has only become an issue as he is approaching execution.

So just the anti death penalty campaigners clutching at straws then?

• Like 1

Just saw that Channel 4 news at 7 is covering the Arkansas 7 .Basically a guaranteeed obit for each then .

Also wasnt there originally 8 on schedule to die in Arkansas?

7 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Also wasnt there originally 8 on schedule to die in Arkansas?

Yes. One was successfully pushed to a later date, but the others are still expected to be killed by the end of the month. 

The executions are now blocked by a federal judge.

This is the biggest problem.

"Baker's ruling prompted McKesson Corp., a medical supply company, to ask Pulaski County Judge Wendell Griffen to vacate his Friday order blocking the executions over the company's claims the vecuronium bromide was sold to the state for medical purposes, not lethal injection. The San Francisco-based firm said Baker's ruling removed the imminent danger of the drugs being used for executions.

Under Arkansas' protocol, midazolam is used to sedate the inmate, vecuronium bromide then stops the inmate's breathing and potassium chloride stops the heart. McKesson claimed Arkansas improperly used medical credentials to obtain the vecuronium bromide and wants the product returned. It said Thursday that it issued Arkansas a refund of its purchase price, but that the drug wasn't returned.

In a statement, McKesson left open the possibility it could refile its suit if Arkansas is allowed to proceed with the executions. The company said it'll continue efforts to have the drug returned."

They should just use a rope.Much easier and cheaper.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

They should just use a rope.Much easier and cheaper.

Personally, I think the death penalty is a waste of time and money, and should not be made legal by the law. 

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Personally, I think the death penalty is a waste of time and money, and should not be made legal by the law. 

This line, however, did make me laugh:

Arkansas' supply of one of its three lethal injection drugs, midazolam, expires April 30 and Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson has said he wants to use the drugs before they spoil.

Christ, we don't want to use the drugs after their expiry date, that might cause serious health complications...

• Like 1