DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

How about this feller, the oldest man on Death Row Leroy Nash

Leroy Nash has died, aged 94.

And there was me thinking I might not do an update this week.

That's four DDP-related deaths over the weekend. 1 already with an obit, 1 likely (Reed), 1 certainty (Fieger) and 1 possible (Nash)...

That's four DDP-related deaths over the weekend. 1 already with an obit, 1 likely (Reed), 1 certainty (Fieger) and 1 possible (Nash)...

I haven't checked the broadsheets yet but the BBC had "obits" for Fieger and Nash this morning. Mostly, mentions that people have died are usually optimistic, but reading Nash's, it's quite clear that he was scum from practically birth.

Reed almost certainly will get an obit in the next couple of days.

I haven't checked the broadsheets yet but the BBC had "obits" for Fieger and Nash this morning. Mostly, mentions that people have died are usually optimistic, but reading Nash's, it's quite clear that he was scum from practically birth.

Reed almost certainly will get an obit in the next couple of days.

All obit requireds are now gathered :lol:

The BBC were very quick on the draw with Nash. I spotted him yonks ago but was wary whether he'd get one, but you never know with the BBC...

Guest AuRevoir

French jailbird Jean-Pierre Treiber has committed suicide in his cell. He was all over the media here last year after carrying out an audacious brek and surviving 2 months on the run before being recaptured.

You'll never take me alive, copper...

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2010...08961_3224.html

Former high profile Met Police type Ali Desai was on the wrong end of a bucket of slops and a good kicking earlier this week. I'm assuming even the criminal types who dished out the treatment had the sense to kick first and cover him in shit later, saves on cleaning your prison issue shoes and the like.

Either way, his physical well-being is far from assured and his incurable arrogance might run up against reality so strongly that he'll be tempted to leave jail by his own hand, and a hearse. Or summat.

I'm sure a warm welcome awaits James Bulger slaying Jon Venables now he's back residing at her Majesty's pleasure.

Most of the press reporting today that Venables cover is well and truly blown and he is getting protection in prison. The Sun in typical fashion describing him intermittently COWERING and GORGING on burgers and chips, might try that myself later on. Venables was - arguably - the most saveable of the Bulger pair, his mate Thompson being the embryonic psycho.

Jon Venables could be a surprise addition as his cover has been blown in the unnamed prison in the North East of the country (UK)

No tears shed then I suspect.

Someone who knows more than me (I only studied media law for a year, how am I supposed to know?) help me out here: if Venables was now to be killed/commit suicide/slip on a banana skin off a cliff while in prison, is it likely that this would now be reported by national media? Previously I'd have assumed not, but if his arrest can be marketed to shift papers...

And does this apply for OG folk devil child killer Mary Bell as well? She doesn't strike me as a woman who'll live to see the retirement home.

Venables death WOULD BE reported and on his death the assumed name he was given would also be reported, since its secrecy is only held by national media to protect him. Robert Thompson - apparently - turned up working in a factory in Carlisle, someone rumbled him, the internet went mad, including a thread on my favourite football message board which was openly discussing where he worked until the moderators terminated such chit chat. He was out of town in hours. Whether the discussions, which included his new name, led to the changing of that name, I don't know.

Re Mary Bell, I think you may be wrong. Her anonymity has held well enough for her to become a mother, and - last year - a grandmother, and sustain a relationship. Since she's - apparently - managing to hold her side of the bargain it would be a suicidal editor who would break that confidence. And she may well see retirement on the evidence so far. It's ironic, I guess, but one thing probably keeping her quiet is the fact that blabbing now would probably have serious consequences for her child. She's had to change identities and move, especially when her autobiography came out, and some of the press doubtless know where she is at this very moment, but she's now got legal protection until she dies.

There are cases of such protection working long-term, especially where witnesses to crime are concerned. They managed to move a number of people from Ulster away from their old haunts and some remain protected. Similarly Danielle Cable, who testified to put Kenneth Noye behind bars.

What a stupid tw@t!

'Murderer Who Wrote Boasting Letter Executed ...

In his letter Powell wrote: "Since I have already been indicted on first degree murder and the Va. Supreme Court said that I can't be charged with capital murder again, I figured I would tell you the rest of what happened on Jan. 29, 1999, to show you how stupid all of y'all ... are."

He then went on to give more details about his crimes before concluding: "I guess I forgot to mention these events when I was being questioned. Ha Ha! Do you just hate yourself for being so stupid ... and saving me?" '

Touchée, and good riddance!

There is also Peter Tobin, currently serving life sentences for the murders of Angelika Kluk and Vicky Hamilton. He went on trial again in June for the murder of Dinah McNicol, the trial was stopped as he took ill and needed surgery. He has a habit of being taken into hospital during his trials, so I'm not sure how ill he actually is.

Once again Peter Tobin has taken ill just before a court appearance, different sources report a heart attack or a stroke.

Peter Tobin has taken ill just before a court appearance, different sources report a heart attack or a stroke.

I'll bet he listens to Spade Cooley!

Australias longest-serving inmate Tony Rawlins, has died inside after serving 54 years for murder.

Elderly American serial killer Dorothea Puente is close to death. She was a "sweet-looking, white-haired landlady" who killed nine of her tenants.

Fugitive gangster John Traynor is seriously ill after suffering several heart attacks. He is currently incarcerated in the Netherlands, awaiting extradition to the UK. He is the suspected of involvement in the murder of Veronica Guerin.

Here we are debating the odds on the suicidal nut-jobs like Huntley and willing them - often without result - into suicide attempts. Then along pops a simple uncomplicated murderer like Bill Treeby who offs himself with the ink still wet on the verdict. I mean, he hadn't even been sentenced!

Here we are debating the odds on the suicidal nut-jobs like Huntley and willing them - often without result - into suicide attempts. Then along pops a simple uncomplicated murderer like Bill Treeby who offs himself with the ink still wet on the verdict. I mean, he hadn't even been sentenced!

Then there's this chappie, former special constable, former magistrate, former Hampshire FA chief and former kiddy-fiddler, Ray Barnes, found dead in a Southampton car park, again before sentencing.

Was trying to come up with a "Hey, if he's a Mo(o)se, there's a good chance Sarah Palin will shoot him" gag, but couldn't really get the wording right. Someone else feel free to take that ball and run w/it.

• Like 1