DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

The Grauaniad are reporting the suspected murder of child-killer Colin Hatch, as are Sky.

• Like 1

Canadian cult leader, murderer and owner of a fine beard, Roch "Moses" Theriault, has been murdered in prison. He was convicted of disembowling his wife with a kitchen knife (she died), as well has chopping off the arms of one of his concubines with a meat cleaver and removing eight of her teeth (she lived). In addition he was accused of all sorts of other unpleasant assualts on his followers.

roch%20theriault2.jpg

Elderly American serial killer Dorothea Puente is close to death. She was a "sweet-looking, white-haired landlady" who killed nine of her tenants.

Dead. That'll be a unique pick on the DDP for A Pelican In The Wilderness, if she gets a UK obit.

Elderly American serial killer Dorothea Puente is close to death. She was a "sweet-looking, white-haired landlady" who killed nine of her tenants.

Dead. That'll be a unique pick on the DDP for A Pelican In The Wilderness, if she gets a UK obit.

Isn't she on my DDP? :lol:

Isn't she on my DDP? :)

Ah sorry. I'll plead temporary insanity/blindness for that one. :lol:

Isn't she on my DDP? :)

Ah sorry. I'll plead temporary insanity/blindness for that one. :lol:

Assuming she gets the required obit, she will be my third hit of the week...and year.

Isn't she on my DDP? :lol:

Yes, it'll be a unique hit for Very Ill Turned Very Dead and Windsor The Troll... :)

The Daily Mail have covered her death.

Christopher Halliwell is only on remand at the moment, but will he make it to his trial?

Gypsies are said to be behind a £150,000 bounty on the head of the cabbie accused of killing Sian O’Callaghan.

Irish travellers have clubbed together to offer the cash to anyone who bumps off Chris Halliwell behind bars, even though he is yet to stand trial.

They have laid bets of up to £25,000 on how long the 47-year-old taxi driver will survive.

Most money has gone on him not surviving long enough to stand trial.

If thats true and well in prison a junkie would do any dirty deed for a tenner bag of smack,yes a poxy bag so not a bad bet

Winston Mosely, Kitty Genovese's killer is another one who'll probably die behind bars. Don't know much about him but he's getting on in years and as the case was pretty infamous he'll more than likely get a UK press mention.

Glaswegian gangland killer Raymond Anderson, 49, has survived a knife attack in prison. Mr Anderson is 3 years in to a minimum 35 year sentence and clearly not universally popular. However, I'm not sure I'd like to start a fight with him.

A prison source said: "John Graham [another convicted hitman] walked up to Raymond Anderson in the gym and stabbed him four or five times in the side, back and torso. Raymond is pumped up on steroids and just picked up a barbell and cracked John over the head. John's background as a hitman is no secret and he'll have done this for a wage - although he has ended up coming off much worse."He's in a bad way in hospital. Raymond walked into the ambulance."

Sprightly murderer, Brij Bihari Pandey, who at the age of 108 was India's oldest prisoner, has been released after serving 24 years of a life sentence. He fell in with the wrong crowd at the age of 84 and ended up going on a killing spree.

Sprightly murderer, Brij Bihari Pandey, who at the age of 108 was India's oldest prisoner, has been released after serving 24 years of a life sentence. He fell in with the wrong crowd at the age of 84 and ended up going on a killing spree.

Mrs. Bihari Pandey must have had a 60 year pregnancy, approximately. Possibly 108 is the future 48 of India, although I'll wait on the ohhs and ahhs. No man has even reached the age of 120 yet.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/06/23/...ed_8530472.html

Not sure what his obit chances would be in the UK or if this is the proper thread for this info but Whitey Bulger one of the FBI's 10 most wanted and the Boston mob boss who Jack Nicholsons charecter in The Departed was based on was arrested Wednesday. The guy turns 82 in September and has been on the run since 1994. He is a good bet to die in prison in the next few years.

Not sure what his obit chances would be in the UK or if this is the proper thread for this info but Whitey Bulger one of the FBI's 10 most wanted and the Boston mob boss who Jack Nicholsons charecter in The Departed was based on was arrested Wednesday. The guy turns 82 in September and has been on the run since 1994. He is a good bet to die in prison in the next few years.

Bulger would definitely get UK obits, probably across the board as well. Fascinating character, anyone with an interest in US organised crime politics should cop "Black Mass" from their local bookstore asap.

Police are saying Bulger is in pretty bad health. Not unusual for a 81-year-old man but it's something to look at.

The usual tabloid tease of dead poolers...The Sun reporting today that all-round criminalal-scum Levi Bellfield is a target inside because his fellow gypsies know his low-life antics include grassing his fellow travellers to the police.

I'm not really sure that this is the appropriate thread for this, I & P may have been more fitting, but I do tend to avoid posting in the the 'pinned' threads wherever possible. There may well be a lynch mob out in the USA for Casey Anthony who has just been aquitted of murdering her toddler daughter in Florida. Seemingly the trial has been dubbed 'trial of the century' in the USA (until the next one comes along in a few months time) and has been followed avidly by millions of people, live on TV, Internet etc. I don't know enough about the case to make a judgement as I haven't been following it and the UK media didn't cover it much, well it might have been in the tabloids, but I don't tend to read them. I've seen quite a few comments about it on Facebook tonight, general opinion among my American friends is quite balanced and fair, basically the prosecution didn't prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. But I have seen some comments by non friends who basically want to grab a gun and get themselves down to Florida to take out Casey, failing that her father George and failing that again, the jurors. She may be one to watch for future lists, if she makes it to 2012. Any insight our USA members can provide would be welcome.

I'm not really sure that this is the appropriate thread for this, I & P may have been more fitting, but I do tend to avoid posting in the the 'pinned' threads wherever possible. There may well be a lynch mob out in the USA for Casey Anthony who has just been aquitted of murdering her toddler daughter in Florida. Seemingly the trial has been dubbed 'trial of the century' in the USA (until the next one comes along in a few months time) and has been followed avidly by millions of people, live on TV, Internet etc. I don't know enough about the case to make a judgement as I haven't been following it and the UK media didn't cover it much, well it might have been in the tabloids, but I don't tend to read them. I've seen quite a few comments about it on Facebook tonight, general opinion among my American friends is quite balanced and fair, basically the prosecution didn't prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. But I have seen some comments by non friends who basically want to grab a gun and get themselves down to Florida to take out Casey, failing that her father George and failing that again, the jurors. She may be one to watch for future lists, if she makes it to 2012. Any insight our USA members can provide would be welcome.

Yes, I was just reading about that too. I hadn't heard of the case either but a rather eccentric acquaintance of mine who dropped out of law school (hello Philippa Schoon!) was whinging about it along with some Yank she knows via Twitter. They both think it was a travesty, that there is no justice in the world, etc. Here is the Yank's Twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/#!/JM_Kelley

Well, they can whinge about it but it was apparently trial by jury who unanimously acquitted the defendant so either the lawyers really played the jurors well or there was "reasonable doubt." I don't know what the Yank means by this Tweet: "It's depressing. Justice isn't meted out by unbiased peers. It's bought and sold" unless he is talking about one side having a more expensive lawyer.

EDIT: Just read the Guardian article linked above. Yes, weird case and apparently a lot of bizarre obfuscation. "Only in America..."

You would think these law school drop-outs should know better than to judge a case from media reports without knowing all the facts, though...

Levi Bellfield is - apparently - considering an appeal for the Milly Dowler conviction because the prosecution were in a position to know about the hacking of her phone and didn't disclose this substantial area of evidence to his defence team. He's scum, his fellow inmates know it, he won't get out during the appeal cos he's serving another full-life term. Even those banged up with him might draw the line if he goes through with this, and take him down themselves.

Guest Doc

I live in the city where she was tried. The world seemed to stop for an hour yesterday.

There is little chance she will be the victim of a vigilante. Most people are more angry at the prosecution for losing to a complete shit-bird of a defense attorney. Of course there is a chance that some nut job tries to whack her for his 15 minutes, but I would put the odds of that on par with the head of a Western state being assassinated in 2012.

i-dont-always-kill-my-kids-but-when-i-do-i-get-away-with-it.jpg

Bulger would definitely get UK obits, probably across the board as well. Fascinating character, anyone with an interest in US organised crime politics should cop "Black Mass" from their local bookstore asap.

Police are saying Bulger is in pretty bad health. Not unusual for a 81-year-old man but it's something to look at.

An article from trashy gossip website radar.online, who say that Bluger looks "ill".

• Like 1