Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Sebastian Horsley

"Artist Sebastian Horsley was found dead today from a suspected heroin overdose in his Soho flat"

The London artist was "best known for having undergone a voluntary crucifixion. Horsley's writings often revolve around his dysfunctional family, his drug addictions, sex, and his reliance on prostitutes ... Both of his parents were alcoholics"

Who could have foreseen this?!

Two military deaths:

Amedeo Guillet has died aged 101. On DDP but no mainstream obit yet.

But Marcel Bigeard has got an obit.

Inquilinekea/Simfish nab the points....

Guest Guest

I am very sorry to pass on the news that Manute Bol died this morning at UVA Hospital in Charlottesville, VA. Please hold his family in your prayers.

If you would like to leave messages for his family here, we will see they get them.

"Well done, good and faithful servant."

Sudan and all the world will miss you

I am very sorry to pass on the news that Manute Bol died this morning at UVA Hospital in Charlottesville, VA. Please hold his family in your prayers.

If you would like to leave messages for his family here, we will see they get them.

You are aware that this forum is a place were deadpoolers choose future picks?

LINK

Guest Guest

LINK

It is Bol's humanitarian work in his native Sudan that will be remembered for long after he is gone: He made nearly $6 million in

his career and spent it all trying to save lives and educate children back home. He has given so much and received little in comparison

We will pray for Manute Bol and his family. We will make sure any kind messages you leave are passed on.

LINK

It is Bol's humanitarian work in his native Sudan that will be remembered for long after he is gone: He made nearly $6 million in

his career and spent it all trying to save lives and educate children back home. He has given so much and received little in comparison

We will pray for Manute Bol and his family. We will make sure any kind messages you leave are passed on.

He's forgotten already. Next...

Guest Guest

LINK

He's forgotten already. Next...

The world has lost a true giant in every sense of the word. Manute Bol, the great humanitarian and basketball player, should never be forgotten. It is sad that you were never able to meeet him, because if you had he would always be an inspiration to you. He deserves to be honored in a way that befits his physical stature and international impact. He was truly one of the greatest human beings of all time.

The world has lost a true giant in every sense of the word. Manute Bol, the great humanitarian and basketball player, should never be forgotten. It is sad that you were never able to meeet him, because if you had he would always be an inspiration to you. He deserves to be honored in a way that befits his physical stature and international impact. He was truly one of the greatest human beings of all time.

Mountable one could say. You will pass this on won't you?

You and me both Windsor, couldn't even tell you what he looks like, but he seems obit-worthy in the US, and not at all healthy.

He has died.

Now I have to find my second sub for this deadpool...

Canadian comic Irwin Barker has died of cancer aged 54...

A DDP hit for Deceased Hose, if the right obit turns up..

...and also a hit for me on the CPDP! :closedeyes:

Robin Bush, the resident historian on the first nine series of Time Team has died aged 67.

Edith Shain, The nurse who was photographed being kissed at Times Square in New York, has died at the age of 91. :closedeyes:

Already reported here about 12 hours ago.

Already reported 10 hours ago here

I take it that HCW is down on the rota for 'post police' duties this week? :closedeyes:

I take it that HCW is down on the rota for 'post police' duties this week? ;)

Thats right sonny boy, yer nicked :closedeyes:

Oright then, Mr Plod, where's the rule that says you cannot post a death in more than one place? This list is the Dead of 2010 and if he died in 2010, he ought to be posted here, even if he qualifies to be posted in other categories.

Lynyrd Skynyrd backing vocalist Jo Jo White, who sang with the band at their peak in the mid 1970s, has died of cancer aged 58. She left the band in 1977, two months before the plane crash which killed three of them.

Thats right sonny boy, yer nicked :closedeyes:

Oright then, Mr Plod, where's the rule that says you cannot post a death in more than one place? This list is the Dead of 2010 and if he died in 2010, he ought to be posted here, even if he qualifies to be posted in other categories.

The "rule" is to post the death once. Do a damn search and make sure it hasn't already been posted.

Thats right sonny boy, yer nicked ;)

The "rule" is to post the death once. Do a damn search and make sure it hasn't already been posted.

Unless, of course, someone has posted exactly the same obscure death on a different thread only a few moments earlier, when you feel utterly safe in the knowledge that the very recent news of the deceased nobody would be known to you and to you only. That would make it a forgivable sin in my humble opinion. :closedeyes:

Unless, of course, someone has posted exactly the same obscure death on a different thread only a few moments earlier, when you feel utterly safe in the knowledge that the very recent news of the deceased nobody would be known to you and to you only. That would make it a forgivable sin in my humble opinion. :closedeyes:

What's the logic behind it being posted only on one thread? And why are people too frequently almost rude to those who post a death when posted already elsewhere? Too often verging on a lack of charity and courtesy it seems to me.

Dramatist Alan Plater, aged 75.

What's the logic behind it being posted only on one thread? And why are people too frequently almost rude to those who post a death when posted already elsewhere? Too often verging on a lack of charity and courtesy it seems to me.

If you do a search and it doesn't come up, then fine. Mea culpa and move on. We all know the search facility can be hit or miss.

No one like to come to a forum and read the same thing 12 times. Find a death, make sure it isn't already here (to the best of the ability of the search engine), post it - if it's called as already posted accept it with grace and move on. AD, this means you as well as everyone else.

It doesn't have to be logical. It just is.