Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Gymnast George Nissen, 96, inventor of the trampoline, has lost that spring in his step.

Kenneth McKellar

The Scottish Tenor has died at the age of 82 in California. He was only diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last week.

Kenneth Eugene Parnell, one of America's most reviled criminals, has died in prison at the age of 76. He kidnapped a seven year old boy in 1972, the child was held for over seven years, before Parnell was arrested in 1980.

I was only reading about his victim Steven Stayner recently (very sad story, he ended up dying in motorbike accident at age 24 and his brother became a murderer). It never occured to me to pick Kenneth Parnell for any dead pools though

To complete the sad story, Timothy White, the other boy kidnapped by Kenneth Parnell, has died of an embolism, aged only 35.

Raymond Hewlett, 64, the convicted paedophile who is currently under investigation for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is suffering from throat cancer.

Dead. Well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP. :rolleyes:

Raymond Hewlett, 64, the convicted paedophile who is currently under investigation for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is suffering from throat cancer.

Dead. Well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP. :rolleyes:

Convicted child rapist Raymond Hewlett, 64, died of throat cancer and was cremated at a pauper's funeral in Germany four months ago.

Cutting it a bit fine to the wire.

Is there an actual date of death yet?

Arthur Mercante

The boxing referee has counted himself out at the age of 90.

He oversaw many notable fights, not least Frazier's defeat of Ali at Madison Square Garden in 1971, dubbed "The Fight of the Century". Way back in 1959 he reffed the world title fight between Floyd Patterson and Ingemar Johansson, and his final big fight (Bernard Hopkins vs Felix Trinidad) came just 2 weeks after 9/11 when he was aged 81.

Convicted child rapist Raymond Hewlett, 64, died of throat cancer and was cremated at a pauper's funeral in Germany four months ago.

I don't think there ever will be, to be honest. An unmarked grave, no family members, no press.

I think - but only think - he would qualify for points as there was no evidence he was already dead when teams submitted their entries, but that's for TMIB to call, not me any more. He's certainly got a lot of deaths on his plate right now, but I'm better he's glad no-one picked a Polish statesman theme team on the DDP....

I don't think there ever will be, to be honest. An unmarked grave, no family members, no press.

I think - but only think - he would qualify for points as there was no evidence he was already dead when teams submitted their entries, but that's for TMIB to call, not me any more. He's certainly got a lot of deaths on his plate right now, but I'm better he's glad no-one picked a Polish statesman theme team on the DDP....

It's a difficult one. I'm stuck with a team of ninteen because Paul Vincenzi managed to cark it without telling anyone right at the end of December, but no online obituary appeared until 2010. Hopefully TMIB will give us the benefit of the doubt.

Dead. Well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP. :)

Wikipedia seems to think that it happened in December 2009. Take what you will from that.

It's a difficult one. I'm stuck with a team of ninteen because Paul Vincenzi managed to cark it without telling anyone right at the end of December, but no online obituary appeared until 2010. Hopefully TMIB will give us the benefit of the doubt.

Although my opinion is slightly biased, I wouldn't award points unless the pick died in 2010.

Then again, with Hewlett, it can't be proven that he didn't die in 2010.

There must be a death record somewhere. It is the law, isn't it?

Wikipedia seems to think that it happened in December 2009. Take what you will from that.

Oh dear. I would have thought it would have made the headlines sooner...

Oh dear. I would have thought it would have made the headlines sooner...

I'm not sure how Wiki can conclude he died in 2009 when all they can provide as evidence of this is a link to an article which says he died four months ago. :)

Edit - Actually, after sleeping on it, he probably did die in 2009. Bastard.

I'm not sure how Wiki can conclude he died in 2009 when all they can provide as evidence of this is a link to an article which says he died four months ago. :)

I found the wording strange in the article, which is the same wherever you look - they didn't say that he died last year, for example.

Even though I picked him, I would understand if TMIB withheld awarding points until it was proved when he died. But if he died in 2009, I would have to accept that if Vincenzi is discounted, then so would Hewlett. I think the same happened with Karel Cernoch in 2008/2007 when I first took the DDP over.

*Clutches at straws* The Daily Star - renowned for their accuracy and fine journalistic research - believed Raymond Hewlett to be still alive on January 28th.

*Clutches at straws* The Daily Star - renowned for their accuracy and fine journalistic research - believed Raymond Hewlett to be still alive on January 28th.

I read another source which said that they tried to contact Hewlett in late January 2010, but found that he had died 'several weeks' earlier.

Can't remember the source...but it wasn't the Daily Star.

Greville Starkey, multiple classic-winning jockey, has died aged 70.

Sir Dennis Henry in the thick of it as Ernest Saunders faked dementia during the - then - longest and most complex fraud trial in history.

John Batchelor, who was apparently both a businessman and a touring car driver in a previous life but may be better known for running York City into the ground (changing their name to York City Soccer Club in the process) and for a bid to buy Mansfield Town and rename them "Harchester United" after the club from Dream Team, won't be fucking anything else up as he's died aged 51.

Q has died

Not the one from James Bond, the one from B & Q.

Actor James Aubrey, who as a child starred in Lord of The Flies, and as an adult in Bouquet of Barbed Wire (Susan Penhaligon's husband IIRC), died on April 6, from pancreatitis.

Carl Williams underworld figure is the latest victim of the gangland war he started, dead after being beaten in his jail cell. :D

If it hasn't already been mentioned then here it is.