Grim Reaper

Tony Curtis

One of the last pieces of 'work' done by Newman was a Jonathan Ross interview. If he sees off Curtis as well I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

I wish someone would see off Jonathan Ross and that other waste of the licence fee, Russell Grant. Prats.

Fame-hungry young bird sleeps with the world's biggest shagger, and then cries because he blabbed about it? If she was that bothered about what Grandpa would think she shouldn't have dropped 'em in the first place. She slept with him simply for the fame. I've got no sympathy for her, in fact I think it's f*****g hilarious. All these twatty Daily Mail readers up in arms - they should try getting worked up about something important. And has Andrew Sachs ever actually been in anything else apart from Fawlty Towers?

Lardy, you are all heart!! I like it. :)

As for Ross and Brand, what a couple of w**nkers. Brand is as funny as herpes and Johnathan "Mr Arse licker" Ross proves beyond doubt that the Beeb needs to be self funding. I do object to paying a licence fee that pays that knob ends wages.

To clarify the career of Mr Sachs. I do recall a series that he was the lead in back in, I think the early 80s, which was so bad it was pulled from the schedules after one episode.

Ironically, for this site, I believe it was called Dead Ernest, which was about a pools winner who dies on the night he collects the cheque. A Champagne cork hits him between the eyes.

Yep, it was f*****g hysterical.

One of the last pieces of 'work' done by Newman was a Jonathan Ross interview. If he sees off Curtis as well I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

I wish someone would see off Jonathan Ross and that other waste of the licence fee, Russell Grant. Prats.

Fame-hungry young bird sleeps with the world's biggest shagger, and then cries because he blabbed about it? If she was that bothered about what Grandpa would think she shouldn't have dropped 'em in the first place. She slept with him simply for the fame. I've got no sympathy for her, in fact I think it's f*****g hilarious. All these twatty Daily Mail readers up in arms - they should try getting worked up about something important. And has Andrew Sachs ever actually been in anything else apart from Fawlty Towers?

As for Ross and Brand, what a couple of w**nkers. Brand is as funny as herpes and Johnathan "Mr Arse licker" Ross proves beyond doubt that the Beeb needs to be self funding. I do object to paying a licence fee that pays that knob ends wages.

To clarify the career of Mr Sachs. I do recall a series that he was the lead in back in, I think the early 80s, which was so bad it was pulled from the schedules after one episode.Ironically, for this site, I believe it was called Dead Ernest, which was about a pools winner who dies on the night he collects the cheque. A Champagne cork hits him between the eyes.

Preeeecisely. People are going on like he's the bloody Queen Mother or something. He'll probably get a new ITV sitcom on the back of this.

Voice over on just about every other documentary on the box...

To clarify the career of Mr Sachs. I do recall a series that he was the lead in back in, I think the early 80s, which was so bad it was pulled from the schedules after one episode.

Ironically, for this site, I believe it was called Dead Ernest, which was about a pools winner who dies on the night he collects the cheque. A Champagne cork hits him between the eyes.

You and my sister must be the only people on God's green earth to have seen that!

Voice over on just about every other documentary on the box...

The rest being undertaken by a Mr Jack in it for the money Davenport

And Tony Curtis is quite frankly, a nothing. A pretty face, but not much else.

Ah, but what a pretty face he was.

tony_curtis_01.jpg

Tony Curtis is gonna die soon. I can feel it.

And Tony Curtis is quite frankly, a nothing. A pretty face, but not much else. I know Paul Newman, and you sir, are no Paul Newman.

Maybe not a great overall body of work, but he more than held his own playing it straight opposite Burt Lancaster in The Sweet Smell of Success and playing for laughs with Lemmon & Monroe in Some Like it Hot, two undeniably superb movies.

And has Andrew Sachs ever actually been in anything else apart from Fawlty Towers?

Excellent. So, on the basis that Andrew Sachs hasn't done too much since Fawlty Towers, it's perfectly ok for a 99,000,000th rate 'comedian' and a parasitic side-kick to pull an unfunny, tasteless stunt on him. If Sachs hadn't been semi-famous for something, the pond-life Ross and Brand would never have done what they did. Equally, they wouldn't have done it if he'd been a Hollywood megastar. And this site is supposed to play host to people who are intelligent enough to resist the morality of the common herd.

Oh, and I cordially loathe Tony Curtis.

And has Andrew Sachs ever actually been in anything else apart from Fawlty Towers?

Excellent. So, on the basis that Andrew Sachs hasn't done too much since Fawlty Towers, it's perfectly ok for a 99,000,000th rate 'comedian' and a parasitic side-kick to pull an unfunny, tasteless stunt on him. If Sachs hadn't been semi-famous for something, the pond-life Ross and Brand would never have done what they did. Equally, they wouldn't have done it if he'd been a Hollywood megastar. And this site is supposed to play host to people who are intelligent enough to resist the morality of the common herd.

So, because I find something funny that you don't, I'm somehow less intelligent? Fail to see your logic there, but each to his own. The point was, as if you didn't know, is that people are spouting off about this as if he WAS a Hollywood legend - he isn't. He's been in one successful series some thirty odd years ago, and done a load of voiceovers - you could say the same for Denise Van Outen.

So, because I find something funny that you don't, I'm somehow less intelligent? Fail to see your logic there, but each to his own. The point was, as if you didn't know, is that people are spouting off about this as if he WAS a Hollywood legend - he isn't. He's been in one successful series some thirty odd years ago, and done a load of voiceovers - you could say the same for Denise Van Outen.

Err, no, people are 'spouting off' because it was a tasteless and unfunny stunt, no matter who it was done to. If he'd been a Hollywood legend I would have found it funnier, but they wouldn't have dared to do it.

He's been in one successful series some thirty odd years ago, and done a load of voiceovers - you could say the same for Denise Van Outen.

What sitcom was Denise van Outen in 30 years ago?? :)

Oh, bringing back to Tony Curtis - yep, not the greatest actor of all time, but to be fair, he had his moments.

In particular, his mimicry of Cary Grant in Some Like It Hot was brilliant. Newman may have been a better actor, but Curtis can do better impersanations. That's gotta count for something...

As far as I can see by the main report on the BBC, Ross has failed to apologise. But he's failed to apologise all his life for being an unfunny cock, so why should he start now?

And finally, is Sachs REALLY 78?! I thought he was only about early 60's maximum!

Im missing something here.

I dont condone two talentless dicks for being, dicks,BUT......

Mr Sachs really ought to be saving his bile for his grandaughter.

Isnt she the one who has humiliated him?

Lets not forget where we are, one of the more tasteless websites in the WWW.

We really ought not to be throwing stones.......

Oh, bringing back to Tony Curtis - yep, not the greatest actor of all time, but to be fair, he had his moments.

Yes, he's had his moments...maybe the rib-tickling Ross and Brand duo should ring him up pretending to be an outraged citizen whose grandchild has enjoyed one of Tony's 'moments'.

I thought Russell Grant was was brilliant in the Vikings.

51K8KEHGS1L.jpg

...we should be returning to a stone-age mentality in which everyone connected to a female of allegedly questionable virtue can be held up to public ridicule by a couple of leering men, in a broadcast paid for by the public.

...we should be returning to a stone-age mentality in which everyone connected to a female of allegedly questionable virtue can be held up to public ridicule by a couple of leering men, in a broadcast paid for by the public.

Since when was her virtue questionable? I thought it was accepted that she was trying to shag her way to stardom.

I dont think anybody condones those two tossers, the issue of their conduct is not in question.

I find your taking umbrage at their conduct a bit rich. You have registered on a site which discusses and plays games with the Death of human beings. Whats the difference between people here discussing and welcoming the death of the famous and well known and what the two cretins did to Andrew Sachs? Are the relatives, the sons, daughters, mothers, brothers and the like fair game for our japes? Is not what we do equally reprehensible?

Andrew Sachs is a public figure, humiliated by his Grandaughter, compounded by two talentless dickwads.

I would contend that Mitch and Janis Winehouse would be pretty distraught to know that people here have been discussing their daughters chances of dying and the distinct posssibility that people actually have been crass enough to put her on a list hoping she will die so that they accumilate points!!!

f*****g charming!!

Returning to a Stone age mentality?

We never bloody left it!!

Since when was her virtue questionable? I thought it was accepted that she was trying to shag her way to stardom.

I dont think anybody condones those two tossers, the issue of their conduct is not in question.

I find your taking umbrage at their conduct a bit rich. You have registered on a site which discusses and plays games with the Death of human beings. Whats the difference between people here discussing and welcoming the death of the famous and well known and what the two cretins did to Andrew Sachs? Are the relatives, the sons, daughters, mothers, brothers and the like fair game for our japes? Is not what we do equally reprehensible?

Andrew Sachs is a public figure, humiliated by his Grandaughter, compounded by two talentless dickwads.

I would contend that Mitch and Janis Winehouse would be pretty distraught to know that people here have been discussing their daughters chances of dying and the distinct posssibility that people actually have been crass enough to put her on a list hoping she will die so that they accumilate points!!!

f*****g charming!!

That complaint would be better directed to the people on this site who take 'Dead Pools' seriously. I just dislike the celebrity culture, and in this case I can only side with a quiet 'celebrity' like Andrew Sachs against noisy vultures like these two publicly-funded buffoons. If you don't share my outlook, I really can't understand why you post on here.

f*****g charming!!

That complaint would be better directed to the people on this site who take 'Dead Pools' seriously. I just dislike the celebrity culture, and in this case I can only side with a quiet 'celebrity' like Andrew Sachs against noisy vultures like these two publicly-funded buffoons. If you don't share my outlook, I really can't understand why you post on here.

Ever heard of the phrase " If you lay with dogs you get fleas?" You are on the Death List site, dead pools or not, you have accepted that you are part of its aim, structure and content. Dont try and distance yourself from what this place was created for. We all accept what goes on here, why are you different?

No, I dont neccessarily share your outlook, and so what? What has your outlook got to do with Death List? The outlook of DeathList has more in common with Celebrity Culture than the rejection of it!! Where exactly is it for you to try and understand why I post here? Whats it got to do with you? What I post, how I post is my business, not yours.

You really began to lose the plot when you pulled that old Chestnut out. :)

f*****g charming!!

Ever heard of the phrase " If you lay with dogs you get fleas?" You are on the Death List site, dead pools or not, you have accepted that you are part of its aim, structure and content. Dont try and distance yourself from what this place was created for. We all accept what goes on here, why are you different?

No, I dont neccessarily share your outlook, and so what? What has your outlook got to do with Death List? The outlook of DeathList has more in common with Celebrity Culture than the rejection of it!! Where exactly is it for you to try and understand why I post here? Whats it got to do with you? What I post, how I post is my business, not yours.

You really began to lose the plot when you pulled that old Chestnut out. :)

I don't want to understand why you post on this site. If I felt that the overwhelming majority were as shallow as you, I would cease to do so. People like you might have driven those like myself, who hate the cult of celebrity, away from this site recently. It won't make any difference to my own occasional visits.

f*****g charming!!

You really began to lose the plot when you pulled that old Chestnut out. :blink:

I don't want to understand why you post on this site. If I felt that the overwhelming majority were as shallow as you, I would cease to do so. People like you might have driven those like myself, who hate the cult of celebrity, away from this site recently. It won't make any difference to my own occasional visits.

:referee: This IS a site for Death List afficionados, but other, nebulous (eg "celebrity") issues are discussed under Extra-Curricular. Isn't it possible that both your arguments stand up - depending under which forum they were being discussed?

f*****g charming!!

You really began to lose the plot when you pulled that old Chestnut out. :blink:

:referee: This IS a site for Death List afficionados, but other, nebulous (eg "celebrity") issues are discussed under Extra-Curricular. Isn't it possible that both your arguments stand up - depending under which forum they were being discussed?

Very possibly. But in any case I think this discussion has come to an end.

Indeed.

Brand and Ross should leave phone pranks to The Fonejacker...

Guest ATS
Indeed.

Brand and Ross should leave phone pranks to The Fonejacker...

Yes themaninblack I only need your sort code and bank account details please

I'm not sure how all this got to be in this thread - looks a bit off topic to me. I must confess I was a bit nonplussed about the subject of the phone remarks by Brand and Ross. But after reading this it's all clear now. I put the link in for any other semi-detached non-celebrity watching posters like myself. She seems like a nice girl.

I still think Brand and Ross are tossers and should be banished to ITV daytime. I'm not keen on Russell Grant either but as far as I know he is a red herring. Or at least he was in The Vikings, a splendid film where Tony Curtis's magnificent Nordic features are perfectly cast as Eric the Viking who, among other things, survives crabs. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

I'm not sure how all this got to be in this thread - looks a bit off topic to me. I must confess I was a bit nonplussed about the subject of the phone remarks by Brand and Ross. But after reading this it's all clear now. I put the link in for any other semi-detached non-celebrity watching posters like myself. She seems like a nice girl.

I still think Brand and Ross are tossers and should be banished to ITV daytime. I'm not keen on Russell Grant either but as far as I know he is a red herring. Or at least he was in The Vikings, a splendid film where Tony Curtis's magnificent Nordic features are perfectly cast as Eric the Viking who, among other things, survives crabs. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Isn't it funny though that this nothing story has dominated the headlines while the Labour/Tory/Russian yacht business has suddenly lost impetus?

Hmmm... :blink: