Grim Reaper

Tony Curtis

Official site seems dead in the water. Do they know summat we'd desperately like to hear?

Doubt it, but does anyone have an inside track on this?

Official site seems dead in the water. Do they know summat we'd desperately like to hear?

Doubt it, but does anyone have an inside track on this?

Yes - the Daily Mail does

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1773

Please, please, please hang on another 7 months Tony. I will resign from the DL Committee if he's still ticking and isn't on the '08 list.

Last year Curtis, who is the father of Hollywood star Jamie Lee Curtis, was hospitalised with pneumonia but managed to make a strong recovery.

Dunno, still working, 'strong recovery' I'd be a bit less hasty about that resignation in your place.

Apart from owt else we don't know how things will be in December. If we're looking for inspired picks then it might come down to guessing which news correspondents within striking distance of militant Islamic groups might be making a final appearance on a web site.

Yes - the Daily Mail does http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1773

Please, please, please hang on another 7 months Tony. I will resign from the DL Committee if he's still ticking and isn't on the '08 list.

Why? He looks healthy enough for his age. There's much better possibilities for 2008 - Richard Widmark for one.

Besides, this is the same paper that heralded that Elizabeth Taylor was near death last year. ;)

If it's in the Daily Mail, it's a crock of sh*t - that's my general rule.

He can't be too ill if he's working on a new movie

He can't be too ill if he's working on a new movie

according to this, the fact that he's working on a movie is even more of an indication he's likely to die.

It'll be Curtis for Tony soon enough

The other point is, when Tony Curtis goes, that will be fairly major news and covered in pretty much every country in the world, and it would be a crying shame to miss him.

The other point is, when Tony Curtis goes, that will be fairly major news and covered in pretty much every country in the world, and it would be a crying shame to miss him.

So would Widmark, and heaps of others so the second argument is rather moot & could be applied for some 50-100 movie stars.

I dunno... he actually looks like he's lost some weight during the pneumonia scare. Put him on the DL if you really really want, CR but I don't think he'll be a hit. *

* (I said the same about Bartholomew Ulu'falu whatsit and ahem... look what happened. But I DID predict Laine, Sheldon & Papon would go.. so 1/4 ain't bad)

So would Widmark, and heaps of others so the second argument is rather moot & could be applied for some 50-100 movie stars.

I dunno... he actually looks like he's lost some weight during the pneumonia scare. Put him on the DL if you really really want, CR but I don't think he'll be a hit. *

* (I said the same about Bartholomew Ulu'falu whatsit and ahem... look what happened. But I DID predict Laine, Sheldon & Papon would go.. so 1/4 ain't bad)

Well he's worth keeping an eye on anyway. at 81 and working on a new movie after being quite ill last December it'll certainly take its toll on him.

So he's bald and got a white beard. He is 81 after all! I started going bald at 27!

Considering his earlier health scare, I'd concur with others and say he looks pretty healthy to me!

So he's bald and got a white beard. He is 81 after all! I started going bald at 27!

Considering his earlier health scare, I'd concur with others and say he looks pretty healthy to me!

Indeed, our track record with thesps is fairly mixed, Micky Roony and Tony Curtis thrived under our death sentence last year and then there's Clive Dunn....

Oddly, his chunky old mate Roger Moore might be a carker before TC.

I was going to comment on him this morning after seeing him on Graham Norton last night (on the show, not actually ON Graham Norton) - he looks rough as guts. Tony Curtis, not Graham Norton. In fact I didn't know who it was at first as he did look like a bald woman. Possibly the one and only time I will ever agree with Banshees.

Oofah! ;) Sic transit gloria asparagus.

Possibly the one and only time I will ever agree with Banshees.

Why don't you go take a chill pill, Bazarrr. I'm not exactly sure what I did to persuade you to make that comment but if you feel inclined to mention how you 'obnoxiously never agree with me' then it should no doubt be discussed.

Possibly the one and only time I will ever agree with Banshees.

Why don't you go take a chill pill, Bazarrr. I'm not exactly sure what I did to persuade you to make that comment but if you feel inclined to mention how you 'obnoxiously never agree with me' then it should no doubt be discussed.

Oooo, give us a kiss, you big ole hunk o' love. And it's Bazaar.

And staying on topic, that link of the old man-lesbian thing has put me off my tea. Especially Dana Carvey, that has really put paid to my admiration of his rendition of Foxy Lady.

Kiss 'n' tell autobiography now trailed on his web site, with a clickable link suggesting live appearances in support of said tome are to be announced.

Not looking anywhere near close to death, then.

Anyone see him on Jonathon Woss the other night? Had difficulty walking unaided, rambled a bit but although obviously frail, probably not doing too badly for an 83 year old.

Tony Curtis is gonna die soon. I can feel it.

And Tony Curtis is quite frankly, a nothing. A pretty face, but not much else. I know Paul Newman, and you sir, are no Paul Newman.

One of the last pieces of 'work' done by Newman was a Jonathan Ross interview. If he sees off Curtis as well I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

One of the last pieces of 'work' done by Newman was a Jonathan Ross interview. If he sees off Curtis as well I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

I wish someone would see off Jonathan Ross and that other waste of the licence fee, Russell Brand. Prats.

I wish someone would see off Jonathan Ross and that other waste of the licence fee, Russell Grant. Prats.

Fame-hungry young bird sleeps with the world's biggest shagger, and then cries because he blabbed about it? If she was that bothered about what Grandpa would think she shouldn't have dropped 'em in the first place. She slept with him simply for the fame. I've got no sympathy for her, in fact I think it's f*****g hilarious. All these twatty Daily Mail readers up in arms - they should try getting worked up about something important. And has Andrew Sachs ever actually been in anything else apart from Fawlty Towers?