Grim Reaper

Tony Curtis

odd though that you can post again and again even though you claim not to care at all, no not one iota about this site.

Odd that you would call three posts "again and again", and then make up a bunch of stuff that I never said.

Yep, too many idiots on this site.

I know how you feel Jarod. They always do that sort of thing to me. <_<

Yep, too many idiots on this site.

............and yet still you feel compelled to return..........it must be that you feel a connection to us all and are enjoying all the decayadence here.......

if you register now I promise to send you a special greeting........................................................................

Can't see the man dropping soon so the least we can do is have a smirk at the self regarding twaddle that passes for information on his official site, dedicated largely to his painting. It opens with:

While his acting career continues unabated today, what happens to his enormous need to create when the cameras are off and the sound stages are silent at the end of the day?

The same questioning and receptive mind that captures the subtle nuances of daily life, and later incorporates them into his film roles, has spent the last several decades storing sights and memories that are now flowering on his vivid, intensely colored canvases, that virtually burst with life.

By which point any truly aware DL'er knows we're in Art Garfunkel territory with regard to how seriously the man takes himself. Should you feel the need you can check out the web site.

Now I got to wondering as I am apt to do at times and I wondered this or thusly: Is Tony Curtis who was born Bernie Schwartz in any way related to the Brady Bunch/Gilligan's Island creator Sherwood Schwartz?

I think not Bruno, it's certainly conspicious by its absence on a packed biographical article that highlights the main reasons to celebrate Sherwood. Check it out.

I think not Bruno, it's certainly conspicious by its absence on a packed biographical article that highlights the main reasons to celebrate Sherwood. Check it out.

Thank you Maryport for that most informative bit of information.

By which point any truly aware DL'er knows we're in Art Garfunkel territory with regard to how seriously the man takes himself.

"Hawaiian Volcano"

hv4kc.jpg

Magnificent is NOT the word, Tony :blink:

By which point any truly aware DL'er knows we're in Art Garfunkel territory with regard to how seriously the man takes himself.

"Hawaiian Volcano"

hv4kc.jpg

Magnificent is NOT the word, Tony :blink:

Well magnificent isn't the word to describe that painting, but suitable enough to describe your avatar.

I still can't get over your beauty.

I still can't get over your beauty.

Or yourself either, eh, Barnshoes?

Roy and I spent the last week in the control

room at Regent, stringing together the best four-

teen cuts from my five solo albums. When the

assemblage was complete we got ready for The Big

Playback. Pulling up my chair to the padded edge of

the console, then centered between the speakers, I

allowed myself to pretend I was a fan and turned the

level up. I was one of two couples in a car headed for

the country, early in the day. Someone popped in G's

new cassette, saying "I like him" and "Bright Eyes"

began. Then we all fell silent...and actually lis-

tened (enjoying the sight of the trees all the more).

One of the girls says, in the middle of the first verse,

"Turn it up." The fan in the passenger seat thinks,

"What about this guy?"

London April 1984

The above is an Art Garfunkel 'prose poem.'

It's a toughie eh? Does his writing suck bigger logs than Tony Curtis' painting?

from Popbitch:

Tony Curtis was on the terrace of the Bellagio, Las

Vegas, last week, celebrating his 81st birthday,

"speaking to everyone; the nicest man in Hollywood".

Read in to that what you will. :)

"Hawaiian Volcano"

hv4kc.jpg

Magnificent is NOT the word, Tony :)

It looks like burnt tomatoes mixed in with a dead bat

If only he'd called it 'Untitled #7' or something he might have got away with it.

Tony's official forum bit more newsy than the pretentious art site and the cloying guff about all the horses he rescues from slaughter. Seems to be doing okay for 81.

Just when you thought it could get no worse if you visit his official site now you get the Chariots of Fire theme and a spoken word piece from Tony with pearls of wisdom like; 'All my life I've been painting,' and 'I hope you have as much fun looking at them as I did creating them.'

I'd post a link but if you stumble on this without thinking carefully about whether you want to see it you're in danger of chucking up your last meal.

Just when you thought it could get no worse if you visit his official site now you get the Chariots of Fire theme and a spoken word piece from Tony with pearls of wisdom like; 'All my life I've been painting,

Straight out of the womb paintbrush in hand.

The early works, done mainly on the inside of a cotton nappy, resembled the style of Jackson Pollock.

From this week's Hello!

Actor in fight for his life

Veteran Hollywood star Tony Curtis was last week fighting for his life after developing pneumonia. The 81-year-old actor reportedly spent five days "drifting in and out of consciousness" on a ventilation machine in intensive care. His family-including wife Jill and actress daughter Jamie Lee Curtis-were at his bedside. Last week, his publicist confirmed that the star had been ill and asked fans to "say a prayer for him". He spent much of December in hospital and was transferred in the New Year to a rehabilitation centre near his home in Nevada, where he had to be admitted to intensive care. Six-times married Tony is best known for his roles in classic comedy Some Like it Hot opposite Marilyn Monroe and Roman epic Spartacus in a glittering career that has spanned seven decades.

From this week's Hello!

Veteran Hollywood star Tony Curtis was last week fighting for his life after developing pneumonia. The 81-year-old actor reportedly spent five days "drifting in and out of consciousness" on a ventilation machine in intensive care. His family-including wife Jill and actress daughter Jamie Lee Curtis-were at his bedside. Last week, his publicist confirmed that the star had been ill and asked fans to "say a prayer for him". He spent much of December in hospital and was transferred in the New Year to a rehabilitation centre near his home in Nevada, where he had to be admitted to intensive care. Six-times married Tony is best known for his roles in classic comedy Some Like it Hot opposite Marilyn Monroe and Roman epic Spartacus in a glittering career that has spanned seven decades.

I might be physically ill if he goes, because he deffo falls in the "it would be a real shame to miss" category

From this week's Hello!

I might be physically ill if he goes, because he deffo falls in the "it would be a real shame to miss" category

I've tried to look for a news report from another source to confirm the details on this, but haven't found anything. It seems a strange story to just give to Hello magazine and no one else has picked up on it.

I've tried to look for a news report from another source to confirm the details on this, but haven't found anything. It seems a strange story to just give to Hello magazine and no one else has picked up on it.

The story comes from the National Enquirer, apparently, so believe what you will... :P

The story comes from the National Enquirer, apparently, so believe what you will... :P

I thought as much, given how Curtis is held in esteem among his fellow acting buddies, there's no way none of the other press agencies would miss this one.

I guess they'd defend it on the basis we're all in a fight for life. I'm trawling nowt much chasing this one down. Given his monster ego and somewhat eccentric octagenarian hair, I nominate TC for the next series of Celebrity Big Brother.

Tony Curtis could have been in the presence of all thy coming attractions of heaven when with Marilyn Monroe. But was this woman overated? I give her at all high's an 8.