DevonDeathTrip

Aretha Franklin

N. Fritz said:
Aretha Franklin has canceled her New Orleans Jazz Fest performance. This is serious stuff around here... you don't just "drop out" of Jazz Fest without a good reason. http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12404492

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Soul singer Aretha Franklin on Thursday canceled all of her appearances until next spring on the orders of doctors.

Franklin, 68, the "Queen of Soul" who famously sang at President Barack Obama's inauguration in 2009, pulled out of all concert and personal appearances "at the insistence" of her doctors until May 2011, her publicist said.

The decision comes on the heels of the multiple Grammy winner being released from a Detroit hospital on October 30th, where she had admitted for undisclosed reasons.

"The award winning songstress sends her sincerest apologies to her loyal followers and colleagues for the canceled shows," the statement read.

"Ms. Franklin is resting comfortably at home, but is very anxious to get back on the road to perform for her countless fans around the world," it added.

In August, Franklin canceled two concerts after suffering a fall that left her with a couple of broken ribs...

• Like 1

Judging from this photo taken earlier this year, her problems might just be due to a filled-up Nando's card:

Aretha%20Franklin-AAG-010911.jpg

Now it's Pancreatic Cancer. Not a great source mind you.

I'm putting her on my DDP now that Edwards has shuffled off!

WJBK FOX 2 News in Detroit confirms that Franklin has cancer. A family insider told the station that she's doing, "OK," but they ask for the public's prayers.

I'm putting her on my DDP now that Edwards has shuffled off!

I'm Also putting her on my DDP as my joker for next year.

She claims that she's now recovering, but she's admitted that she's now incontinent:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/c...?nclick_check=1

Quote: "I feel great," Franklin, 68, told JET. "The doctors say I can do whatever I feel I am up to do. Of course, that doesn't mean any concerts or anything like that. But I can do things around the house, and today I am just piddling around the house."

I would say that Aretha fits into the mold of Dick Cheney with a moderate to strong chance of being a 2011 DL. Pancreatic cancer is usually something that no one recovers from........

I'm missing her already and she isn't even dead yet.

I think it'll just be a matter of weeks.

"Without confirming reports that she has been battling cancer or even saying why she was sick, soul singer Aretha Franklin has told a Jet magazine she is now "feeling great" after recent surgery.

The 68-year-old made clear in the interview that she did not want to discuss media reports that she had suffered from pancreatic cancer.

"I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors. The problem has been resolved," she said."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/07/3108220.htm

"Without confirming reports that she has been battling cancer or even saying why she was sick, soul singer Aretha Franklin has told a Jet magazine she is now "feeling great" after recent surgery.

The 68-year-old made clear in the interview that she did not want to discuss media reports that she had suffered from pancreatic cancer.

"I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors. The problem has been resolved," she said."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/07/3108220.htm

That could be a disaster for very many deadpoolers. Maybe sticking with Al Megrahi as my joker wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Being as I changed my joker from Karn to Franklin at the very last minute, I kinda have a vested interest here, but doesn't Aretha Franklin strike you as the kind of woman who would be blindly unaware that she has terminally fatal cancer that is slowly sapping her life away under the delusion that "the power of prayer, y'all" would stop her insides slowly rotting away?

This has blown my confidence. With all these people getting early hits and now my joker says she's feeling fine.

This has blown my confidence. With all these people getting early hits and now my joker says she's feeling fine.

Don't let it get you 93. It's pretty common for some of our subjects to downplay their illnesses due to a wish for privacy or positive thinking. Others like Biggs, Megrahi or Demjanjuk tend to overstate their ailments for obvious reasons.

Me too

Weeks?! Is it that serious? or are you saying it because of the type of cancer she has?

Me too

Weeks?! Is it that serious? or are you saying it because of the type of cancer she has?

Well, apparently she doesn't even have cancer:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/13379-aretha...not-have-cancer

Legendary soul singer Aretha Franklin has made her first public appearance following surgery in December.

Franklin appeared healthy and happy as she watched the Detroit Pistons play Miami Heat with the Reverend Jesse Jackson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...o=feeds-newsxml

Wearing a very obvious wig...

Sorry, my bad. I thought I looked through all the posts before mine but I must've missed the last page. Mea culpa.

Anyone catch this Grammy's tribute to her? Her tits are lower than Emma Stone's voice these days.

• Like 1