mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Serious rumours going round that Gil Scott-Heron has popped his clogs. I'm off to bed now so there'll probably be confirmations and obits galore when I get up tomorrow.

Serious rumours going round that Gil Scott-Heron has popped his clogs. I'm off to bed now so there'll probably be confirmations and obits galore when I get up tomorrow.

It has been confirmed . I just hope his funeral will be televised...

Dead.

...if that obit constitutes as something more than rumour.

Dead.

...if that obit constitutes as something more than rumour.

New York finally finished its job.

Sad news in Plymouth this morning

Tom Daley the 17 year old diver has lost his father to brain cancer. Rob Daley was only 40.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Rob-D...il/article.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/diving/13583152.stm

Sadly for him he will not be able to witness his son compete at the 2012 Olympics.

On the other hand, he's probably been spared having that conversation with Tom... :huh:

Tom Daley the 17 year old diver has lost his father to brain cancer. Rob Daley was only 40.

Sadly for him he will not be able to witness his son compete at the 2012 Olympics.

On the other hand, he's probably been spared having that conversation with Tom... ;)

Oh trust me, we're just awaiting his arrival in the Swallow (the main gay pub in Plymouth) :huh:

On the other hand, he's probably been spared having that conversation with Tom... ;)

Oh trust me, we're just awaiting his arrival in the Swallow (the main gay pub in Plymouth) :huh:

Does Marc Almond ever drop by for a couple of pints? Or is that just a scurrilous rumour?

Marc Almond sadly no.

Mind you it is nice when the odd celebrity comes in....we even had the last Argyle manager Paul Sturrock in last Sunday.

Sigh its a quiet scene in Plymouth.

Dame Barbara Mills

The former DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) has died aged 70. She is so far the only woman ever to hold the post.

Terry Young, a native of Pitcairn Island, Britain's most far flung outpost. His death reduces Pitcairn's population by 2%.

Regarding Dr McPherson and her ilk...didn't we used to have a thread for deaths in the CURRENT YEAR worth watching. I.e. something dedicated to those who came up fast and died before we could bag them in the next year's deadpools. Ann McPherson is such a creature, she is sitting pretty as an occasional deadpool pick but most of us had missed her. She will not see 2012.

I don't think it's going to be very long now. Dr McPherson can no longer make public appearances and was too ill to travel to accept a lifetime achievement award from the British Medical Journal this week (they're a bit like the Oscars for doctors) Her award was accepted on her behalf by, er, Hugh Grant!

Dr McPherson has died, according to Twitter. :huh:

Regarding Dr McPherson and her ilk...didn't we used to have a thread for deaths in the CURRENT YEAR worth watching. I.e. something dedicated to those who came up fast and died before we could bag them in the next year's deadpools. Ann McPherson is such a creature, she is sitting pretty as an occasional deadpool pick but most of us had missed her. She will not see 2012.

I don't think it's going to be very long now. Dr McPherson can no longer make public appearances and was too ill to travel to accept a lifetime achievement award from the British Medical Journal this week (they're a bit like the Oscars for doctors) Her award was accepted on her behalf by, er, Hugh Grant!

Dr McPherson has died, according to Twitter. :huh:

Brasso on standby....

Actress Miriam Karlin, best known as Paddy from The Rag Trade and later Jewish ghost Yetta Feldman in So Haunt Me, has died according to The Stage. Sad news :angry:

Jun 3 2011[/b], 12:04 PM' post='160596']

Actress Miriam Karlin, best known as Paddy from The Rag Trade and later Jewish ghost Yetta Feldman in So Haunt Me, has died according to The Stage. Sad news :angry:

Apr 14 2011[/b], 10:55 AM' post='158561']

Her what was in "The Rag Trade" who later turned up in "So Haunt Me", Miriam Karlin, is still with us aged 86.

My apologies to Ms Karlin's family for tempting fate.

Actor James Arness famous for playing Marshall Matt Dillon in the Gunsmoke tv series (the longest running primetime tv series of the 20th century in the USA) has died at 88

Actor James Arness famous for playing Marshall Matt Dillon in the Gunsmoke tv series (the longest running primetime tv series of the 20th century) has died at 88

Corrie?

Actor James Arness famous for playing Marshall Matt Dillon in the Gunsmoke tv series (the longest running primetime tv series of the 20th century) has died at 88

Corrie?

I think it's just the longest running tv series in the USa

It Aint Half Hot Mum star Donald Hewlett has died aged 90.He was also welll known for his role as Lord Meldrum in You Rang Me Lord and was in the Doctor Who story Claws of Axos in 1972

PS I thought about using the obvious phrase It Ain't Half Hot in Hell for Donald Hewlett but he seemed like a nice bloke so thought it wasnt appropriate

Guest Guest
No news on his health, but at 86 and therefore older than Clive 'Immortal' Dunn, the Disney legend Wally Boag is still with us. I mention him because he has his own myspace page, so we should be able to keep track of him.

Pecos Bill and Slue Foot Sue have died within a day of each other. http://www.ocregister.com/news/taylor-3032...disneyland.html