mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

DDP pick Bill Boddy died today aged 98 - http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/2011/0...-mbe-1913-2011/ - apt timing on a pretty bad day for journalism all round.... Unique hit for the DDP motor racing team should there be an obit - but as he's a journo of 81 years service and the broadsheets normally honour their own, he should get 8 points.

Huzzah!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...Bill-Boddy.html

DDP pick Bill Boddy died today aged 98 - http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/2011/0...-mbe-1913-2011/ - apt timing on a pretty bad day for journalism all round.... Unique hit for the DDP motor racing team should there be an obit - but as he's a journo of 81 years service and the broadsheets normally honour their own, he should get 8 points.

Huzzah!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...Bill-Boddy.html

I'll drink to that!

The actor Derek Crewe has died at 65.If your a Doctor Who fan you might remember he played the part of Syng in the story 'Sunmakers'

Amy Winehouse has died.

The first 'Bond girl' Linda Christian has died aged 87

Obviously this is going to be way overlooked due to Ms. Winehouse conking out, but Christian's death is a real shame - though to be really honest, her looks opened doors rather than her acting talent (which was about average) - it's more that she was part of a rapidly dwindling list of leading ladies from the 1950's.

Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (americas top military man) John Shalikashvili has died at 75.He was also the military commander of NATO for a time

Amy Winehouse has died.

Already mentioned here.

Actually if you look at the times the posts were made you'll find this is the first record of her death on this website.

I then posted in the 'Amy Winehouse' thread about 2 minutes later...

Amy Winehouse has died.

Already mentioned here.

Actually if you look at the times the posts were made you'll find this is the first record of her death on this website.

Well you shouldn't have posted in this thread at all, wee Windsor. ;)

Amy Winehouse has died.

Already mentioned here.

Well you shouldn't have posted in this thread at all, wee Windsor. :P

It was intentional.

I thought it best to cover both bases to prevent an over excitable, over emotional, caps lock dominated 'announcement'. ;)

well at least the mods didnt delete the post like they did my entire thread about the Norway shootings.Would love to know why!

well at least the mods didnt delete the post like they did my entire thread about the Norway shootings.Would love to know why!

I'd imagine they didn't delete it because I was stating a fact and posting it in a calm way.

Your thread was entirely speculative, you were exaggerating claims, you were over excitable and generally quite annoying.

I'm sure you're a very nice person in the real world, but on this forum you are too excitable which tends to annoy people. Perhaps you are just too enthusiastic.

Amy Winehouse has died.

Already mentioned here.

Well you shouldn't have posted in this thread at all, wee Windsor. :P

It was intentional.

I thought it best to cover both bases to prevent an over excitable, over emotional, caps lock dominated 'announcement'. ;)

Since this is the thread for the Dead of 2011, and she died in 2011, it seems appropriate that she is in this thread. If she has her own thread, then that should be an extra, not a replacement. Otherwise this thread should be entitled: The Dead of 2011 who do not have their own thread.

Since this is the thread for the Dead of 2011, and she died in 2011, it seems appropriate that she is in this thread. If she has her own thread, then that should be an extra, not a replacement. Otherwise this thread should be entitled: The Dead of 2011 who do not have their own thread.

That seems logical to me too.

It was deleted because we don't dwell on 'ordinary' peoples lives/deaths. If you took the time to read the first page, you'll see the words ' Candidates must be famous in their own right such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media'

I'd hardly call the kids that were murdered famous. History will remember the slayer, not the victims.

Yes but there were reports that the Norwegian PM was the target and thagt he might have bene injured.Thats why I thought it deserved its own thread.Is there a thread that allready exists for this type of t hing?If so I will of course post there next time (if God forbid there ever is a next time)

Yes but there were reports that the Norwegian PM was the target and thagt he might have bene injured.Thats why I thought it deserved its own thread.Is there a thread that allready exists for this type of t hing?If so I will of course post there next time (if God forbid there ever is a next time)

I doubt the PM was ever in any real danger, I think you've probably been watching too many episodes of 24 ;)

The Political Frailty thread would have been the appropriate one in this case.

Anyway,in other news,Robert Ettinger is hoping his process of preserving life actually works...He's not dead,just cyro-preserved.(which as far as I can tell is in f act another word for saying your dead,but lets just play along with him for a laugh)