mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

BBC are tweeting the sad death of Roy Skelton, voice artist in Doctor Who and Rainbow.

@BBCNews

BBC News

Roy Skelton, voice of TV show Rainbow's Zippy & George, has died aged 79. He was also one of the original voices of the Dr Who Daleks

BBC are tweeting the sad death of Roy Skelton, voice artist in Doctor Who and Rainbow.

@BBCNews

BBC News

Roy Skelton, voice of TV show Rainbow's Zippy & George, has died aged 79. He was also one of the original voices of the Dr Who Daleks

Doctor Who-related people are dropping like flies this year :)

RIP Zippy

@BBCNews

BBC News

Zippy and the Daleks - I'd never made the connection before, but now I come to think about it, they do sound very similar!

Sad to hear of the death of Roy Skelton,and am pleased tgo see no-one has gone for any bad taste puns like Roy has become a skeleton or that he's been exterminated.He will be sadly missed by Rainbow and Dr Who fans worldwide :(

Sad to hear of the death of Roy Skelton,and am pleased tgo see no-one has gone for any bad taste puns like Roy has become a skeleton or that he's been exterminated.He will be sadly missed by Rainbow and Dr Who fans worldwide :(

Yeah, but you have! :(

Leonard Stern, the creator of Mad Libs, has died. He was [number] years old and had been suffering from [disease] for years. He will be buried at [place] and is survived by his wife, [woman's name].

Also, allow me a moment's self pity as two people I very nearly entered for the DDP this year have both carked it. South African DJ and conceptual artist Leon Botha is dead aged 26 (no UK obits yet, so I may have called that right) and Indian artist/provocateur M.F. Husain has passed on aged 95 (he gets a BBC obit).

Goodbye Mr. Mackenzie!

No link yet, but it was reported on the radio tonight that John Mackenzie, director of "The Long Good Friday" and "The Fourth Protocol" has died aged 83.

Update: Still no confirmation, other than this. Wikipedia has him born May 22 1928, but IMDB has Aug 16 1932, which would make him 78.

"The Scotsman" has now provided an obit. They go with him being 83, but have him born in 1932 - erm?

@BBCNews

BBC News

As no-one else appears to have posted it, here's Roy Skelton's 'naughty' Rainbow.

Darryl Pandy has apparently died. No link yet.

[edit] link

Edited by Paul Bearer
to add link

And so is apparently Kenny Hawkes

I know it's not a link confirming his demise, but it's a link showing who the hell he was 'cos I've never heard of him either

And so is apparently Kenny Hawkes

I know it's not a link confirming his demise, but it's a link showing who the hell he was 'cos I've never heard of him either

His demise has now been confirmed (whoever he was)

Reports are coming in that the terrorist Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, responsible for the 1998 US embassy bombings in Africa has been killed

Film producer Laura Ziskin (Spiderman) has died after a 7 year battle with breast cancer, aged 61.

Film producer Laura Ziskin (Spiderman) has died after a 7 year battle with breast cancer, aged 61.

YESSS!!!! BBC! My first unique hit! Cant wait for that ghostie by my name... :P

No official confirmation that I can find as yet other than a Tweet from Lenny Henry, but composer/musician and best known as the half of Raw Sex that wasn't Rowland Rivron, Simon Brint has died.

Elizabeth Svendsen founder of the Donkey Sanctuary in Ottery St Mary.

That was reported about a month ago.

:ninja:

Elizabeth Svendsen founder of the Donkey Sanctuary in Ottery St Mary.

That was reported about a month ago.

:ninja:

Yes, she passing was marked in the Dead Vets thread. I didn't realise at the time that she wasn't actually a vet, I just assumed that was the most likely explanation for the amount of time she spent feeling donkeys.

Alan Haberman has died at 81.You've probablhy never heard of him but he's probably had more effect on our everyday lives than just about anyone.He is responsible for the bar code used in shop products around the world.Some religious nuts thought he was the anti christ becaue they claim bar codes are the 'mark of the beast' that we're all supposed to have in the run up to the day of judgement.No comment :ninja:

Mexican drug lord Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano has been killed in a gunfight.

A stack of points for Loco in Acapulco should the right obit surface...

Mexican drug lord Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano has been killed in a gunfight.

A stack of points for Loco in Acapulco should the right obit surface...

No obit yet, but it's not even confirmed he's actually dead - indeed today's papers are saying he's still alive.